2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re literally in the Top 10 and way ahead of FSU in the composite and average and you’re whining in every thread like recruiting isn’t going well. Relax, my guy.
WR recruiting isnt going well.

its not about our overall recruiting. we've done extremely well nationally.

we have lacked locally and continue to be in these games for the local kids yet everyone comes out w excuses.

im just saying move on from the local kids. we are a big time national player for national OOS kids and im glad Mario is embracing it. its what I said when jean committed to UF.

Advertisement
WR recruiting isnt going well.

its not about our overall recruiting. we've done extremely well nationally.

we have lacked locally and continue to be in these games for the local kids yet everyone comes out w excuses.

im just saying move on from the local kids. we are a big time national player for national OOS kids and im glad Mario is embracing it. its what I said when jean committed to UF.
We’ve got 2 Top 200 WRs committed and by all accounts are in a good spot to flip ****ey. How is WR recruiting not going well? It’s August, not November. Y’all gotta relax. This isn’t the Manny show anymore

We’ve got 2 Top 200 WRs committed and by all accounts are in a good spot to flip ****ey. How is WR recruiting not going well? It’s August, not November. Y’all gotta relax. This isn’t the Manny show anymore
It’s because this class is generational and as it stands right now, we have two guys committed and one of them is shaky while the other guys don’t appear to be looking our way or are committed elsewhere. Inniss was never really an option but going into to it we were odds on favorites for Brown and Hykeem was a lean.

Advertisement
It’s because this class is generational and as it stands right now, we have two guys committed and one of them is shaky while the other guys don’t appear to be looking our way or are committed elsewhere. Inniss was never really an option but going into to it we were odds on favorites for Brown and Hykeem was a lean.
But as dudes like @Brooklyndee tell us all the time, just because it’s not on the board or being reported by 247 doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. You think a recruiting maniac like Mario doesn’t have a plan A, B, C and D? People were whining about the slow start and now we’re top 10. Games haven’t even started to be played yet. Let’s just let things play out a little bit.

Based on what? Literal insiders are saying that this is a days old story and things are fine now. The chicken little stuff should at least stop until there’s an actual reason for it
eh thats not what they said. they said the story is days old when it goes public and a few days ago it wasn't good but now they may stick lol but will be a problem going forward

"As of today I feel like we hold on to the Washingtons but it’ll be a battle. A couple days ago it wasn’t quite as positive. By the time a lot of this gets public it’s old news."

But as dudes like @Brooklyndee tell us all the time, just because it’s not on the board or being reported by 247 doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. You think a recruiting maniac like Mario doesn’t have a plan A, B, C and D? People were whining about the slow start and now we’re top 10. Games haven’t even started to be played yet. Let’s just let things play out a little bit.
I agree that Mario has a card up his sleeve. hes gonna cover his bases.

I will say that the ESD timeline has moved up the commitment timeline w a lot of kids. very few wait till feb now and a lot of them want to focus on football their senior year which is why you end up seeing a ton of kids commit in the summer. gotta start fast and make up the ground w some kids to reel them in bc if were waiting till the end result, esd will come and go and they'll be elsewhere

I agree that Mario has a card up his sleeve. hes gonna cover his bases.

I will say that the ESD timeline has moved up the commitment timeline w a lot of kids. very few wait till feb now and a lot of them want to focus on football their senior year which is why you end up seeing a ton of kids commit in the summer. gotta start fast and make up the ground w some kids to reel them in bc if were waiting till the end result, esd will come and go and they'll be elsewhere
Mario always has a card or cards up his sleeve.

Advertisement
Of course Mario has multiple contingencies he is a pro and am ace but that doesn’t mean that recruiting is going well with WR. And saying it’s not going well isn’t saying that it will not end well either. People *****ing about a slow start in April is not the same as seeing some concerns in mid August during a cycle where more players have made early commitments than ever before. Finally these boards are about discussion and the program. Sometimes these discussions will bring up constructive criticism and concerns. It makes for a better board than 100% nothing but sunshine pumping.

Of course Mario has multiple contingencies he is a pro and am ace but that doesn’t mean that recruiting is going well with WR. And saying it’s not going well isn’t saying that it will not end well either. People *****ing about a slow start in April is not the same as seeing some concerns in mid August during a cycle where more players have made early commitments than ever before. Finally these boards are about discussion and the program. Sometimes these discussions will bring up constructive criticism and concerns. It makes for a better board than 100% nothing but sunshine pumping.
But the concerns are WR where we have 2 Top 200 kids committed. @Cribby said we’re good with Robby at the moment. Gaby said people in the offices feel good. And @DMoney said that things are looking good with ****ey. Again, just because the class isn’t finished in August doesn’t mean things aren’t “going well”. This isn’t a small time operation anymore.

Advertisement
So what are you whining about?
I mean until we see those cards, there is a point of concern esp since there is one area of recruiting we have come up empty in so far. It may not be a point of concern in December but as august 17 it is. its also a message board. you can discuss topics in the moment

I mean until we see those cards, there is a point of concern esp since there is one area of recruiting we have come up empty in so far. It may not be a point of concern in December but as august 17 it is. its also a message board. you can discuss topics in the moment
You’re contradicting yourself in back to back messages but I digress.

I'll just say I'd disagree with several of those points of emphasis...also what you just pointed out in that last sentence shows exactly how cutthroat they are. As a Texas kid (I've became friends with plenty of them that were high end recruits throughout the years) you were raised to HATE Oklahoma like canes were raised to HATE ufag and Notre dom. Yet plenty of them have fueled that rivalry which is far more intense to this moment than anything we currently still know. The only part that holds truth to where ALOT of kids who would want to go to um go elsewhere isn't because of loyalty it's because Floridians isn't necessarily our core student demographic. Alot of locals actually don't have the ability to get into um whether it's because of grades & admission standards or in normal kids cases cost of tuition. Opposed to most other places public schools which are far cheaper are viable options and that holds true for UCLA as well. Kids out there want to put on that blue and gold or that burgundy & yellow but quickly realize westwood isn't a viable option for many.
I think it depends on which part of Texas you’re from tho forreal. There’s never been a in state school that was universally the one here. When I was a kid if you wanted to leave the state but stay close-ish, if you from was the d you went to Oklahoma, if you from the H you went to LSU. The Oklahoma hate died out a long time ago because Oklahoma generation by generation planted seeds. They might not have got recruit A 40 years ago but they got his son. In my families case they couldn’t sign my granddad or uncles except for one. But they got the one, and that trickled down to his sons and sons

Advertisement
You’re contradicting yourself in back to back messages but I digress.
no im saying I trust Mario has cards up his sleeve but doesn't mean we hit on those and until I can see those cards, its blind faith. right now, on august 17th, our WR recruiting has been iffy at best esp with a coaching staff like ours.

no im saying I trust Mario has cards up his sleeve but doesn't mean we hit on those and until I can see those cards, its blind faith. right now, on august 17th, our WR recruiting has been iffy at best esp with a coaching staff like ours.
What makes it iffy? Only one has actually announced and that's Jalen & there's a background story for why we didn't get him. No excuses, just is what it is. Past that we've closed on two kids we prioritized and flipped one at the position & we're more than likely about a month away from flipping one other. Only thing you can lock onto and say is iffy would be if you're choosing to believe message boards and the rest spoken on by alot of people who honestly are not exactly the most informed. Hykeem is the prince of misdirection and I wouldn't pay him recruitment much attention till November at the earliest if it was me. Who else makes the position iffy? Andy Jean? Lol

What makes it iffy? Only one has actually announced and that's Jalen & there's a background story for why we didn't get him. No excuses, just is what it is. Past that we've closed on two kids we prioritized and flipped one at the position & we're more than likely about a month away from flipping one other. Only thing you can lock onto and say is iffy would be if you're choosing to believe message boards and the rest spoken on by alot of people who honestly are not exactly the most informed. Hykeem is the prince of misdirection and I wouldn't pay him recruitment much attention till November at the earliest if it was me. Who else makes the position iffy? Andy Jean? Lol
im saying as of august 17th its iffy. I do trust Mario in his recruiting but doesn't mean you can worry on august 17. maybe on the 18th, it wont be an issue. I gave up jean once he decommitted tbh. I was expecting a better class committed right now at WR. now, we can land ****ey tomorrow and all this is for not. he makes that big of a diff. I just found it interesting that WR recruiting seems to be biggest pain currently when you consider the QB room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back