2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
has a CM kids hype outta HS translated to the college game since beason?

Too lazy to do the research lol

Advertisement
It's crazy how stereotypes work ain't it... Every sorry *** American all throughout the country wants to complain when they get lumped in with a stereotype. But they so ****** quick to do the same **** thing to anyone else. This shtick is tiring as fvck & it's why everyone of this generation will always have a victims mentality... This ain't nothing unique to south Florida. If anything it's more unique to this generation and we can thank all y'all social media lovers for it. Kids everywhere & far more so their families & handlers, play this game. Y'all don't realize as a fanbase you make this statement only because "WEVE NEVER PLAYED THIS GAME". Literally everywhere in the country the universities and their fanbases realize this is essentially a job & these kids gotta eat. So while y'all ***** and moan about south Florida kids and how none of them are loyal understand what they are loyal to JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE is to their families and whoever puts them in the best spot. Just that simple.
That’s a whole lotta word salad to say absolutely nothing of substance…..congrats

Reactions: jsy
There was a lot of smoke to Ohio State when he took his 3rd trip up there in the spring with SFE (March/April)..even 3 crystall balls got put in including Ivins and an Ohio State insider...

Edit: seems things have definitely settled since then
Ima worry about 2022 for now lol

Haven't even played a game yet lol

Advertisement
It's crazy how stereotypes work ain't it... Every sorry *** American all throughout the country wants to complain when they get lumped in with a stereotype. But they so ****** quick to do the same **** thing to anyone else. This shtick is tiring as fvck & it's why everyone of this generation will always have a victims mentality... This ain't nothing unique to south Florida. If anything it's more unique to this generation and we can thank all y'all social media lovers for it. Kids everywhere & far more so their families & handlers, play this game. Y'all don't realize as a fanbase you make this statement only because "WEVE NEVER PLAYED THIS GAME". Literally everywhere in the country the universities and their fanbases realize this is essentially a job & these kids gotta eat. So while y'all ***** and moan about south Florida kids and how none of them are loyal understand what they are loyal to JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE is to their families and whoever puts them in the best spot. Just that simple.

I can get behind that if the kid goes to bama/uga/etc. But, when a kid commits to FSU, ATM or UL, then that argument falls apart imo. The kids are opting to get $$ and go to a disaster of a program with lame duck coaches (in many cases). How is that the best spot for the kid?

I don't know, Mang. Seemed pretty clear to me. Go to the program that gets you furthest along in your chosen profession. Don't go somewhere just because it's closest to home.

So it wasn’t clear to you, because that’s not what he was saying. Money over everything.

Well, Jimbo did go 9-1 in 2020-2021 w/ a NY6 bowl victory, & they have had 8 1st round draft picks since 2013, w/ Myles Garrett being recognized as one of the best NFL players regardless of position, & Christian Kirk just got broke off who a 2nd round pick in 2018. Plus, they have something called old NIL $.

Just b/c I’ve been around too many youngins & hearing their recruiting stories, I know what programs/coaches sell even if they, themselves, weren’t apart of past player’s success. ****, Golden rode the chit out of history while he was here. Lol
we did have their best season tho under richt. jumbo wasn't there in 13. we had 2 first rounders under the last staff. Mario just sent two first rounders as an HC at Oregon.

jimbo has been average at best at ATM and there is no way to say otherwise. hes incredibly average aside from the one covid year (where even Manny nearly had us as good as them record wise).

Mario also won an NY6 bowl and the conference multiple times.

Elijah Moore
Marquis Brown
Anthony Schwartz
Jerry Jeudy
Tutu atwell

All went to different schools, different offenses, different position coaches, different qb styles, and got drafted in the first 3 rounds.
2 in the First round

The highest pick was Jeudy coached by Gattis.

We have a really good qb and some serious back ups.

These sofla blue chip kids are allergic to UM. It’s like they’re so scared and negatively recruited to pick us. SMDH.
If only AR82 never got hurt it would’ve changed the **** narrative.

4 of those guys fit the same mold as undersized speedy WR's. Should've gotten at least one of those but can't blame em for not taking all 4. Especially with JT being signed then.

Advertisement
Ima worry about 2022 for now lol

Haven't even played a game yet lol
Well you had chimed in "Cane" so I was following up to see if that actually meant anything or was just a random comment..

but you're right.. this is a '24 kid that said he's committing on signing day... wake me up in November in '23

Well you had chimed in "Cane" so I was following up to see if that actually meant anything or was just a random comment..

but you're right.. this is a '24 kid that said he's committing on signing day... wake me up in November in '23
I've heard nothing but Canes for the two Chaminade kids. We do well at that school.

I'm at the point where we out product on the field and break ground on the new football facility.

The tears will flow

I can get behind that if the kid goes to bama/uga/etc. But, when a kid commits to FSU, ATM or UL, then that argument falls apart imo. The kids are opting to get $$ and go to a disaster of a program with lame duck coaches (in many cases). How is that the best spot for the kid?
You're not reading it appropriately than my friend. What I'm saying is everywhere except us until recently played the game to where financially they could make it work for you. Where there staff could put you in a better position to achieve what mattered most to you as a player & as a individual. So in each of those kids seperately was a situation unique to them. The whole you're from here so you should be loyal to here isn't reality anywhere. Kids are loyal to themselves and their families. You've just seen Cali kids stay in Cali,Texas in Texas etc. But you're not factoring in Cali kids get paid by those Cali schools. Texas kids get paid by those Texas schools. Floriduh kids have until recently had ufag taking care of them and to a far lesser extent fspoo but that's where the buck stopped. Now nil changes that narrative but even in that instance these other places still have heavy handed bagmen doing what they've always done on top of nil. By the way these numbers y'all are seeing for our nil spending is greatly exaggerated. We're giving kids options again. But it's still a process so we can check off as many boxes as possible. Just leave these miserable fans in their own misery. Hopefully one day they'll just jump.

So it wasn’t clear to you, because that’s not what he was saying. Money over everything.
That's not what I said either though. I said each kid has circumstances that matter to them. Their loyalties (same as everywhere)are to them and their families. That's getting a check OR playing for a program that's winning and putting kids in the league OR is known for their position development etc etc. There's alot of different reasons for why a kid goes somewhere BUT Money is definitely a strong reason behind most elite kids and until recently we had nothing to say for those kids , while the vast majority of the country has. We couldn't factor into that conversation. It's all about checking off boxes for kids where it matters.

Advertisement
we did have their best season tho under richt. jumbo wasn't there in 13. we had 2 first rounders under the last staff. Mario just sent two first rounders as an HC at Oregon.

jimbo has been average at best at ATM and there is no way to say otherwise. hes incredibly average aside from the one covid year (where even Manny nearly had us as good as them record wise).

Mario also won an NY6 bowl and the conference multiple times.

Which is y Miami had the #8 class in 2018 under Richt, & Mario closed strong in 2022, & 2023 is shaping up to be a great class.

Tutu, Moore, and Schwartz were never offered by us, same spot it’s Zay Flowers and AT Perry, we have to do better than in the past on WR evaluations.
I’m just trying to point out that if you can ball you can get drafted regardless of scheme, oc, position coach, program, or any other excuse you want to give to not come here.

These kids getting negatively recruited despite plenty of sofla kids getting drafted high under a variety of conditions or circumstances.
But somehow our conditions and circumstances seem to be unacceptable.

You're not reading it appropriately than my friend. What I'm saying is everywhere except us until recently played the game to where financially they could make it work for you. Where there staff could put you in a better position to achieve what mattered most to you as a player & as a individual. So in each of those kids seperately was a situation unique to them. The whole you're from here so you should be loyal to here isn't reality anywhere. Kids are loyal to themselves and their families. You've just seen Cali kids stay in Cali,Texas in Texas etc. But you're not factoring in Cali kids get paid by those Cali schools. Texas kids get paid by those Texas schools. Floriduh kids have until recently had ufag taking care of them and to a far lesser extent fspoo but that's where the buck stopped. Now nil changes that narrative but even in that instance these other places still have heavy handed bagmen doing what they've always done on top of nil. By the way these numbers y'all are seeing for our nil spending is greatly exaggerated. We're giving kids options again. But it's still a process so we can check off as many boxes as possible. Just leave these miserable fans in their own misery. Hopefully one day they'll just jump.
idk I do think it is also a mentality difference - at least with Cali/Texas HS Football players and South Florida ones, as well as a general geography thing though. Geography plays a big role - not with wanting to stay home necessarily, but just with who you follow growing up. The distance from Coral Gables to Tuscaloosa is the same as LA to Eugene Oregon... California kids pretty much grow up exclusively rooting for USC and Oregon, with some bay area kids rooting for Cal (though that is a little bit more so in the past after Cal had Rodgers, Marshawn, DJax, etc). The reality is for the most part California hs football players don't grow up wanting to play for the MAJOR OOS schools because those schools are so far away from "their world", whereas Alabama/Georgia really isn't that far away from South Florida. When you grow up in Cali, USC is THE school you're dreaming of getting into/an offer from. In South Florida, there is so much more competition within a 700 mile radius of successful schools that it's just not like that with Miami. Now I'd also say Texas recruits are probably the most actually loyal to their state schools (+Oklahoma)....

Advertisement
idk I do think it is also a mentality difference - at least with Cali/Texas HS Football players and South Florida ones, as well as a general geography thing though. Geography plays a big role - not with wanting to stay home necessarily, but just with who you follow growing up. The distance from Coral Gables to Tuscaloosa is the same as LA to Eugene Oregon... California kids pretty much grow up exclusively rooting for USC and Oregon, with some bay area kids rooting for Cal (though that is a little bit more so in the past after Cal had Rodgers, Marshawn, DJax, etc). The reality is for the most part California hs football players don't grow up wanting to play for the MAJOR OOS schools because those schools are so far away from "their world", whereas Alabama/Georgia really isn't that far away from South Florida. When you grow up in Cali, USC is THE school you're dreaming of getting into/an offer from. In South Florida, there is so much more competition within a 700 mile radius of successful schools that it's just not like that with Miami. Now I'd also say Texas recruits are probably the most actually loyal to their state schools (+Oklahoma)....
I'll just say I'd disagree with several of those points of emphasis...also what you just pointed out in that last sentence shows exactly how cutthroat they are. As a Texas kid (I've became friends with plenty of them that were high end recruits throughout the years) you were raised to HATE Oklahoma like canes were raised to HATE ufag and Notre dom. Yet plenty of them have fueled that rivalry which is far more intense to this moment than anything we currently still know. The only part that holds truth to where ALOT of kids who would want to go to um go elsewhere isn't because of loyalty it's because Floridians isn't necessarily our core student demographic. Alot of locals actually don't have the ability to get into um whether it's because of grades & admission standards or in normal kids cases cost of tuition. Opposed to most other places public schools which are far cheaper are viable options and that holds true for UCLA as well. Kids out there want to put on that blue and gold or that burgundy & yellow but quickly realize westwood isn't a viable option for many.

Floridians isn't necessarily our core student demographic. Alot of locals actually don't have the ability to get into um whether it's because of grades & admission standards or in normal kids cases cost of tuition.
This is why the connection from the school to the city was winning and how we did it. The school has to do alot more than other in state schools to build that connection back to the community because its rare a family member or friend actually went to the school. Most of these kids only considered Miami this last decade n half because its the local school and the rich history. Now we have to build our reputation back up from the ground because the people in the recent past ruined everything that was built

Fsu been bad for years and they’re trending for kids. no other school deals w the same excuses you guys give to Miami lol
We’re literally in the Top 10 and way ahead of FSU in the composite and average and you’re whining in every thread like recruiting isn’t going well. Relax, my guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back