WR Dredrick Snelson letting people knw what it is.....

Advertisement
That boy is going to Andre Johnson-esque by the time he matriculates. He's a beast.

When will people stop saying that every WR who commits here will be Andre Johnson?

dude stfu shoot for the sky

People literally have said that for almost every WR recruit. How many have ended up like Andre Johnson? How about you let the kid be Dredrick Snelson. Shoot for the sky does not always have to equate to the next so and so.

-esque
suffix
(forming adjectives) in the style of; resembling.

Pay attention to semantics if you're going to critique a comment. I did not say he is going to be Andre Johnson. He is big (and getting bigger) and has long speed.

That's the thing, he is not even Andre Johnson "esque". Speaking of semantics, Andre was 6-3, 200 coming out of high school and left around 230. Snelson is currently 5'11, 181. I think the kid will end up being a beast, but he will never be close to Andre Johnson in terms of size and physicality. And lets not forget, Andre was the #3 pick in the draft. I'm just saying people should hold their horses on saying someone is Andre Johnson "esque".

When will people stop saying that every WR who commits here will be Andre Johnson?

People literally have said that for almost every WR recruit. How many have ended up like Andre Johnson? How about you let the kid be Dredrick Snelson. Shoot for the sky does not always have to equate to the next so and so.

-esque
suffix

Pay attention to semantics if you're going to critique a comment. I did not say he is going to be Andre Johnson. He is big (and getting bigger) and has long speed.

That's the thing, he is not even Andre Johnson "esque". Speaking of semantics, Andre was 6-3, 200 coming out of high school and left around 230. Snelson is currently 5'11, 181. I think the kid will end up being a beast, but he will never be close to Andre Johnson in terms of size and physicality. And lets not forget, Andre was the #3 pick in the draft. I'm just saying people should hold their horses on saying someone is Andre Johnson "esque".

By the time he matriculates he could be Andre Johnson-esque. He's 6'0 now and will be around 200 coming out of high school. As you surely know, the kid is just starting his Junior year in high school. Fair to presume he'll continue to fill given his frame. He's strong, compact, and fast as ****. In those respects he resembles Andre Johnson. That does not mean that "he will be Andre Johnson," which is what you mistakenly read my comment to suggest. And I have no idea where you get that weight. The kid is 190 and growing by the day.

Last edited:
Advertisement

-esque
suffix

By the time he matriculates he could be Andre Johnson-esque. He's 6'0 now and will be around 200 coming out of high school. As you surely know, the kid is just starting his Junior year in high school. Fair to presume he'll continue to fill given his frame. He's strong, compact, and fast as ****. In those respects he resembles Andre Johnson. That does not mean that "he will be Andre Johnson," which is what you mistakenly read my comment to suggest.

I highly doubt he will be 200 by the time he matriculates. If he comes here, by the time he leaves the most he'll be is 200-215. There are very few NFL WR's who are his height and weigh more than 215.

Andre Johnson has been called many things, compact isn't one of them. Andre Johnson is considered a big WR, Snelson might be great, but will never be considered big.

-esque
suffix

By the time he matriculates he could be Andre Johnson-esque. He's 6'0 now and will be around 200 coming out of high school. As you surely know, the kid is just starting his Junior year in high school. Fair to presume he'll continue to fill given his frame. He's strong, compact, and fast as ****. In those respects he resembles Andre Johnson. That does not mean that "he will be Andre Johnson," which is what you mistakenly read my comment to suggest.

I highly doubt he will be 200 by the time he matriculates. If he comes here, by the time he leaves the most he'll be is 200-215. There are very few NFL WR's who are his height and weigh more than 215.

Andre Johnson has been called many things, compact isn't one of them. Andre Johnson is considered a big WR, Snelson might be great, but will never be considered big.

Compact in terms of his muscle makeup -- i.e., dense. You have no idea what you're talking about. Snelson is a big boy who continues to grow. You glanced over the fact that you already were off by more than 10 pounds on his current weight. You highly doubt he'll be 200 by August 2016? Makes sense. He definitely won't put on an additional 10 pounds in two years. Lulz.

Here's the receiver who you say will never be considered "big" after his sophomore year in high school:

1306369.jpg

-esque
suffix

Compact in terms of his muscle makeup -- i.e., dense. You have no idea what you're talking about. Snelson is a big boy who continues to grow. You glanced over the fact that you already were off by more than 10 pounds on his current weight. You highly doubt he'll be 200 by August 2016? Makes sense. He definitely won't put on an additional 10 pounds in two years. Lulz.

Here's the receiver who you say will never be considered "big" after his sophomore year in high school:

View attachment 24998

He looks small like Roscoe Parrish

on a serious note Snelson is a beast and I can see the esque to Andre Johnson

Last edited:

View attachment 24998

I'm going off the weight listed on CIS. Your pic does not show anything. Being muscular does not mean someone is big. The fact is being 6'0 or under is not considered big. I doubt he'll grow more than an inch or two so he will never be more than 215. 6'0 215 which is closer to guys like pierre garçon and michael crabtree, neither guy is considered big. And dense is very different than compact...for the guy who brought up semantics.

Advertisement
**** a comparison I want him to be the first Dredrick Snelson making the name for himself that wrs in the future want to be him

View attachment 24998

on a serious note Snelson is a beast and I can see the esque to Andre Johnson

Obviously he will put on weight-muscle but he'll still be nowhere near Andre unless he grows another 3 inches and that is very unlikely.;

Why don't the two of you shut up, matriculate all over each other, and be done with it already. Learn to accept that great things are happening and will continue to happen. Appreciate the fact this kid is talented and will only continue to improve by the time he arrives. He will build his own identity and etch his own name into the U record books.

View attachment 24998

I'm going off the weight listed on CIS. Your pic does not show anything. Being muscular does not mean someone is big. The fact is being 6'0 or under is not considered big. I doubt he'll grow more than an inch or two so he will never be more than 215. 6'0 215 which is closer to guys like pierre garçon and michael crabtree, neither guy is considered big. And dense is very different than compact...for the guy who brought up semantics.

com·pact 1 (km-pkt, km-, kmpkt)
adj.
1. Closely and firmly united or packed together; dense

6'0, 190 per ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/191099/dredrick-snelson

And stop trying to migrate the discussion. I never said he was or will be Andre Johnson. Yet you came into this thread whining that I did say that. You've moved on from that and now you're arguing over what constitutes "big" and whether DS will be 230 six years from now. He won't. He'll probably be around 6'1 225 WR and fast and strong as ****. In other words, a beast.

Advertisement

-esque
suffix

By the time he matriculates he could be Andre Johnson-esque. He's 6'0 now and will be around 200 coming out of high school. As you surely know, the kid is just starting his Junior year in high school. Fair to presume he'll continue to fill given his frame. He's strong, compact, and fast as ****. In those respects he resembles Andre Johnson. That does not mean that "he will be Andre Johnson," which is what you mistakenly read my comment to suggest. And I have no idea where you get that weight. The kid is 190 and growing by the day.
Just stop bro he's nothing like dre

View attachment 24998

com·pact 1 (km-pkt, km-, kmpkt)
adj.
1. Closely and firmly united or packed together; dense

6'0, 190 per ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/191099/dredrick-snelson

And stop trying to migrate the discussion. I never said he was or will be Andre Johnson. Yet you came into this thread whining that I did say that. You've moved on from that and now you're arguing over what constitutes "big" and whether DS will be 230 six years from now. He won't. He'll probably be around 6'1 225 WR and fast and strong as ****. In other words, a beast.

At 6'1 225, he would be a running back. For instance, Mike Evans the big WR on the Bucs is 6'5 230ish. You mean to tell me that Snelson will end up being 5 pounds lighter than him?

I'm done. F*ck you guys. I'm going to surreptitiously lace Snelson's protein shakes with horse growth hormone for the next year until I'm proven correct. And yes, he can get to 225. Garcon is around 218 and DS is already his height.

Advertisement
He has the body type of a rb right now. He is 190lbs and WILL definitely be over 200 by the time he graduate from highschool......

I'm done. F*ck you guys. I'm going to surreptitiously lace Snelson's protein shakes with horse growth hormone for the next year until I'm proven correct. And yes, he can get to 225. Garcon is around 218 and DS is already his height.

I respect your opinion. I think we both can agree the guy will probably end up being a beast, I just don't think he'll end up playing like Andre Johnson. I have no problem agreeing to disagree. And I'm all for the horse hormones in the protein shakes.

He has the body type of a rb right now. He is 190lbs and WILL definitely be over 200 by the time he graduate from highschool......

Not necessarily. He isn't some skinny kid who isn't lifting weights, he already looks pretty solid to me so I don't think he will gain that much more weight. I think he will come in in right around 190-195, and I doubt he will add a lot of weight while he is here. He will definitely add strength, but IMO it doesn't make sense for a 6'0 WR to carry a whole lot of weight. Now if he was a running back, I think he should pack on as much weight as he can.

-esque
suffix

There's really no reason to say he will be Andre Johnson-esque. He does not physically resemble Andre Johnson at all. Built more like Reggie Wayne if we're naming former UM receivers.

Advertisement
Back