WR Coach Reggie Wayne (Colts Volunteer Coach)

Advertisement
Being a good coach is great but we shouldn't bring back another player unless they can recruit
He has never had to recruit... doesn’t mean he couldn’t do it... and be great at it. If you were a 17-18 year old kid would talking to him and having him come visit you at home not be at least “exciting” I mean the man is one of the all time greats. I was just throwing a name out there for fun. I’m sure he’s not in the mix but as a big fan, I would be excited about it.

Advertisement
Wayne was a technician as a WR. Ran great routes, used his hands getting separation and never dropped a ball that I remember. I think he'd make a great coach. He thrived under CJ(who I said in another post didn't put up with no Diva ****). Aside from whooping that GA's *** at practice he was a model Cane. I think he would be a great coach. Kids today would still remember him in his NFL days.

Go Canes!

Wayne was a technician as a WR. Ran great routes, used his hands getting separation and never dropped a ball that I remember. I think he'd make a great coach. He thrived under CJ(who I said in another post didn't put up with no Diva ****). Aside from whooping that GA's *** at practice he was a model Cane. I think he would be a great coach. Kids today would still remember him in his NFL days.

Go Canes!
My thoughts exactly. He is a perfect coach, he was amazing But he wasn’t just naturally better than everyone, he had to work for it. He had to run great routes, worked with a great QB m, has awesome work ethic. I think this is a homerun hire.

He is a volunteer WR coach for the Colts. Has said that he has the itch to coach. I know it’s a pipe dream but how great wild that be. I gotta imagine the kids would be all about it.

What is it with you guys thinking former players make great coaches?

Advertisement
For real. OSU's receivers were always so talented but under performed until he got there. You saw a huge improvement.
They get open with ease I mean I watch them and think I have no clue how good Haskins is because he never has a tough throw to make

Advertisement
Might be a good mentor for jt4 and our young receivers who had a problem concentrating on catching a pass.

He is a volunteer WR coach for the Colts. Has said that he has the itch to coach. I know it’s a pipe dream but how great wild that be. I gotta imagine the kids would be all about it.
What about Braxton Berrios or Yatil Green? They played WR at Miami too

I loathe this kind of thing too - BUT, I think this is one name and a guy with a profile where it's not far-fetched to say "let's get former player X to coach (insert position here)". I don't think saying Reggie Wayne would be a potentially good WR Coach at Miami is that. Wayne would be an intriguing name. He's a technician and loves to work hard. Those two things led to a great collegiate career and an awesome NFL career.

That being said, I think with the work he's been putting in w/recruiting and transfers, David Cooney might see his way onto the offensive staff as our WR Coach. That's been mentioned on Twitter by some lately.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back