WR Coach Candidates

Looking at the situations with context I came away impressed with his time at S Miss. I‘ve posted about that. That’s why running and looking at stats.com doesn’t tell you a story. I like his scheme , his route concepts , play design and using space. Yet still staying balanced. Even with tempo , it’s on and off, not non stop.
I’m hoping it’s reminiscent of the jedd fisch hire in that way. Fisch came in with that really bad season on paper as playcaller at Minnesota, but similarly had spent a lot of time around really good offensive coaches and proved to be really solid.

Advertisement
I’m hoping it’s reminiscent of the jedd fisch hire in that way. Fisch came in with that really bad season on paper as playcaller at Minnesota, but similarly had spent a lot of time around really good offensive coaches and proved to be really solid.

I’d say Fisch was our last really good OC that ran a balanced offense. Hopefully Dawson is in that same mold.

Plus Fisch had a solid offensive staff with George McDonald, Terry Richardson, & Brennan Carroll, who all got hired away by NFL teams.

Advertisement
“good hire” is different from “very strong hire”.

The latter is borderline elite. I’m sure he’ll do fine and I’m supporting him now that he’s the choice. I was hoping for someone who already worked with Dawson and/or his system but it’s water under the bridge now.
Bro I’m with you, I’m just not about the what ifs. Would Williams or Coley or another big name have been nice? Sure totally agree. But we got a very good hire, who has had success here and elsewhere and is very respected in the most wide receiver rich area in the world.

I think the pluses out way the shortcomings.

Looking at the situations with context I came away impressed with his time at S Miss. I‘ve posted about that. That’s why running and looking at stats.com doesn’t tell you a story. I like his scheme , his route concepts , play design and using space. Yet still staying balanced. Even with tempo , it’s on and off, not non stop.

Anyone know if anyone posted about the context around Dawson at Southern Miss? Would read

Anyone know if anyone posted about the context around Dawson at Southern Miss? Would read

Not sure of Cribbys insight, but these articles gives some insight to his play calling (relevant since it was at SoMiss). When's the last time we've had an OC make halftime adjustments?

Everything about the guy indicates he can/will and has completely adjusted his offense to fit the roster and will do whatever works to win.

Bro I’m with you, I’m just not about the what ifs. Would Williams or Coley or another big name have been nice? Sure totally agree. But we got a very good hire, who has had success here and elsewhere and is very respected in the most wide receiver rich area in the world.

I think the pluses out way the shortcomings.
I didn’t care so much about a big name as it was more about wanting someone who Dawson worked with before or, if that wasn’t an option, then someone with good experience in the system. It wasn’t because I thought Beard couldn’t teach someone to catch or run a route. Like I said, the choice was made and I’m hoping for a smooth and good transition.

Advertisement
I’d say Fisch was our last really good OC that ran a balanced offense. Hopefully Dawson is in that same mold.
His good season at Miami he was 56% pass to 44% run.

Last year, Dawson was 57% pass at Houston.

Rhett Lashlee ran 56% pass plays in 2021and 49% in 2020.

Advertisement
Back