WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Ed O probably thinks this staff drinks too much. Where's @Cajuncane? I need him to translate this into Orgeroneese:

"Those gentlemen consume alcohol in an irresponsible manner. I'm not desirous of a DUI charge."

Coach O talks that true Cajun where you mix in French / English together….I’ve been here since ‘82 but my first 30 years were spent in Key West/Lakeland so I don’t speak that true Cajun dialect.

I'm just going to drop it, you guys win and I concede.
The point I was trying to make was that wasn't the 49ers job always the better job from the beginning when he decided to take the interview with the goal of getting the job? Wasn't it always the better career path forward? Didn't he already know that from the beginning and still wanted to interview? Some posters say it's about money, in your opinion do you think we couldn't of matched it?
C_8s5aUV0AEKb-L.jpg

tumblr_mkltosmddJ1qbeln5o1_400.gif

Advertisement
I’m shocked it’s even controversial to say the obvious here lol. Nobody should be thrilled about this hire. **** you shouldn’t be angry either. Hence meh , average or lazy being used for the hire. It’s not like it’s a personal attack or somebody said “ I don’t want that jerk Kevin Beard or his breath stinks, no recruit will commit to him”. People have to create a narrative or make somebody out to be a victim. We’re all Cane fans and we all want him to kill it. Just like Mario , Dawson, Harris , Guidry and Nicholson to do the same. We just like those hires a lot more…….well I do.

Just because somebody says something you don’t like or agree with doesn’t then have to turn into an us versus them deal. I’d be much more concerned about this hire if the scheme or oc hadn’t upgraded but I’m also not celebrating either lol. Tbh I wouldn’t celebrate a wrc hire in the first place .
I'm curious why you describe this hire as "lazy." Was it because he didn't interview enough guys or because he settled for a guy without a lot of flash when he didn't get his top choices? I think Manny was a lazy hire by Blake; didn't interview a single person and hired a guy he knew in 24 hours. Mario at least interviewed multiple people, it sounds.

****, that's a really long response.... I'm surprised you actually sat down and wrote something like that. You are definitely more worried about being right on the Internet then I am, so I'll give you the satisfaction you want. You are right and I am wrong, I hope it's everything you wanted bud.

You REALLY don’t know TOC very well do you…you must be new here..

I'm curious why you describe this hire as "lazy." Was it because he didn't interview enough guys or because he settled for a guy without a lot of flash when he didn't get his top choices? I think Manny was a lazy hire by Blake; didn't interview a single person and hired a guy he knew in 24 hours. Mario at least interviewed multiple people, it sounds.
There’s thousands of wr coaches out there and he chose the one who played for UM. If he wasn’t a Cane he’s not even on the radar and fans would have no clue who he is ( well @Memnon would ). At least with Hankerson he’s a highly respected guy around the league and even more inside the 49ers franchise. Him being a Cane would have been a way in to getting a guy out of our league because we’re his alma mater. So Beard and Hank are two dramatically different situations. I don’t think it’s a bad hire or a great hire, just a meh , ok hire.

There’s thousands of wr coaches out there and he chose the one who played for UM. If he wasn’t a Cane he’s not even on the radar and fans would have no clue who he is ( well @Memnon would ). At least with Hankerson he’s a highly respected guy around the league and even more inside the 49ers franchise. Him being a Cane would have been a way in to getting a guy out of our league because we’re his alma mater. So Beard and Hank are two dramatically different situations. I don’t think it’s a bad hire or a great hire, just a meh , ok hire.
With money Beard is the hire when you strike out. Years ago it was bringing home a local legend - he flamed out at UGA and Tenn for whatever reasons - 1 season each.

Teams always want coaches who can’t recruit SoFla and he’s been in Toledo for 5 years.

I do think he can coach - I just think Mario needs recruiting assassins to free his time up more.

Advertisement
Mario isn’t recruiting Ohio State’s leftovers. He’s trying to build a team that can actually compete with Ohio State, not Michigan State or Kentucky.
Well his "coaching" better be up to par because so far its not even Msu or Kentucky level.

This isnt about Ohio State left overs though...OSU currently has the best recruit from S.fla locked up and committed..We need to be in Ohio trying to do the same. Check thi syears class Michigan is heavy in there on the top guys...why cant we get in there too?. Its just how i always feel...EVERY SCHOOL is down here in South Florida recruiting and we allow it and seldom make them work locally for their guys. Atleast Beard has been in that state for a fw years where he maybe made some connections.

Well his "coaching" better be up to par because so far its not even Msu or Kentucky level.

This isnt about Ohio State left overs though...OSU currently has the best recruit from S.fla locked up and committed..We need to be in Ohio trying to do the same. Check thi syears class Michigan is heavy in there on the top guys...why cant we get in there too?. Its just how i always feel...EVERY SCHOOL is down here in South Florida recruiting and we allow it and seldom make them work locally for their guys. Atleast Beard has been in that state for a fw years where he maybe made some connections.
Talking about going into other states..

In 2018 Clemson signed the #1 player from Georgia, Florida, Ohio, Alabama and South Carolina, along with the #2 player from North Carolina (a 5* DE and #14 overall player).

Dabo went into their house and took their top players. Clemson won the championship their freshman year too.

I agree with you 100%. They come into SF every year and its past time to take that fight to them.

Advertisement
****, that's a really long response.... I'm surprised you actually sat down and wrote something like that. You are definitely more worried about being right on the Internet then I am, so I'll give you the satisfaction you want. You are right and I am wrong, I hope it's everything you wanted bud.
One day, you can have a job where being right matters. Believe in yourself.

Advertisement
I’m basing this off Miami and his other stops. If he wasn’t a former Cane you and others would suddenly have altering opinions. That‘s just facts. Period.
You are right, considering he’s an alum I can count on him more than others to put on for his school so sure, I’d prefer someone with a shorter resume like his to be someone with a history with the school so I know who he is. And he’s a good coach, because we saw him be a good coach first hand.

So sure base it off his two other stops as a WR coach, one shortened because the HC got fired, and one wear he has coached up all Americans, I’d still say he’s a good hire.

Advertisement
Back