WR Coach Candidates

He can ban me if he wants it's really not a big deal.
thumb_do-it-memegenerator-net-do-it-starsky-ben-stiller-49238282.png

Advertisement
Nope. B is NOT "cold feet".

To put it into a different context, assume both jobs are new job offers (neither is the incumbent job), and one job offer simply ups the dollars. Has NOTHING to do with "cold feet", and only has to do with taking the bigger $$$ offer.
Thank you for understanding the simple point I was getting at.

Clear he wasnt the first choice.
Like others have stated i think he wanted guys who would be loyal to the U..not in search of gigs or underlying issues...He fits that build.

I liked other guys but i dont think he is the worst hire...ill say its MID...but it has potential considering his early connections to this class in s.fla...and him showing work in the tampa region since being at Toledo.

Beard is very technical at the position i like that part about it. His way of coaching wr is good with local wrs' who are use to that type. Him being in Ohio recruiting for 5+ years also opens him up to possible other networks. as well. We cant get Hartline but he is recruiting NATIONAL at wr...and may leave some of that Ohio meat on the bone where Michigan and others steal guys maybe we can as well.

Mario isn’t recruiting Ohio State’s leftovers. He’s trying to build a team that can actually compete with Ohio State, not Michigan State or Kentucky.

Advertisement
Feel like most people give the position coaches a little too much credit when it comes to sending kids the the league when the reality is it comes down to the work ethic of the player and the scheme they are in. The coaches do make a difference but I don't think it's to the extreme most think. It's all about talent acquisition get good receivers and you'll be labeled a good coach lol

Exactly.

Show me a program that constantly puts dudes in the league, and I’ll show you a program that constantly gets Top 10 recruiting classes.

No. The necessary underlying assumption of "getting cold feet" is there is no change in circumstances (aside from the person's own growing apprehension about proceeding with a course of action). That is the point.

Hypothetically, if your GF agrees to marry you, but later learns her well-hung and better-looking-than-you ex-boyfriend -- who was presumed dead at sea in a fishing accident -- actually survived and became ultra-wealthy after suing the charter boat and still wants to marry her, so she accepts his wedding proposal and backs out of yours, that's not cold feet. The circumstances changed. She got a better offer. And so she took a (previously unavailable) course of action.

Now, if a week before the wedding that same hypothetical fiancé says, "I can't marry a man with ED" (when she already knew about your ED when she accepted the proposal) and suddenly calls off the engagement, leaving the country to get pounded for a week at a Caribbean Sandals resort with her ****** girlfriends, in that instance she got cold feet. She had all the information at the time she made her initial decision, but backed out (without a better offer).
I think Mack will get it after this funny , yet accurate depiction

I’m shocked it’s even controversial to say the obvious here lol. Nobody should be thrilled about this hire. **** you shouldn’t be angry either. Hence meh , average or lazy being used for the hire. It’s not like it’s a personal attack or somebody said “ I don’t want that jerk Kevin Beard or his breath stinks, no recruit will commit to him”. People have to create a narrative or make somebody out to be a victim. We’re all Cane fans and we all want him to kill it. Just like Mario , Dawson, Harris , Guidry and Nicholson to do the same. We just like those hires a lot more…….well I do.

Just because somebody says something you don’t like or agree with doesn’t then have to turn into an us versus them deal. I’d be much more concerned about this hire if the scheme or oc hadn’t upgraded but I’m also not celebrating either lol.

80F7D76F-A7BC-4429-92F0-EF23205424DA.gif

No. The necessary underlying assumption of "getting cold feet" is there is no change in circumstances (aside from the person's own growing apprehension about proceeding with a course of action). That is the point.

Hypothetically, if your GF agrees to marry you, but later learns her well-hung and better-looking-than-you ex-boyfriend -- who was presumed dead at sea in a fishing accident -- actually survived and became ultra-wealthy after suing the charter boat and still wants to marry her, so she accepts his wedding proposal and backs out of yours, that's not cold feet. The circumstances changed. She got a better offer. And so she took a (previously unavailable) course of action.

Now, if a week before the wedding that same hypothetical fiancé says, "I can't marry a man with ED" (when she already knew about your ED when she accepted the proposal) and suddenly calls off the engagement, leaving the country to get pounded for a week at a Caribbean Sandals resort with her ****** girlfriends, in that instance she got cold feet. She had all the information at the time she made her initial decision, but backed out (without a better offer).
See, the definition of a word doesn't always do it justice. The application of the word really drives the point home, though.

Or is it ponded the point over and over until climax at a nice resort in a picturesque beach town? Now I'm confused.

Advertisement

:pgdead:

I think Mack will get it after this funny , yet accurate depiction
The point I was trying to make was that wasn't the 49ers job always the better job from the beginning when he decided to take the interview with the goal of getting the job? Wasn't it always the better career path forward? Didn't he already know that from the beginning and still wanted to interview? Some posters say it's about money, in your opinion do you think we couldn't of matched it?

Advertisement
The official definition of Cold Feet

apprehension or doubt strong enough to prevent a planned course of action.

The 49ers were always going to give him a raise though if another team was trying to lure him. Do you think we wouldn't of matched the money?
Nothing is done until the ink dries mane. So, technically....there wasn't "a planned course of action". His only planned course was showing interest by interviewing for the WR coach job.

By that definition of cold feet Hank would've signed the contract and then did everything he could to get out of the "planned course of action" of starting his job as WR coach at UM on March 4th.

Advertisement
now that the staff is pretty much set, Im hoping that if the chemistry and fit are good (which it wasn't last season), that they stick around a bit. I know that may be wishful thinking with the way the coaching profession is nowadays. With the transfer portal and NIL, there's a chance many guys prefer the NFL gigs

But just looking back, most of our best staffs have been ones where they core unit stuck together for a few years at least. Jimmy Johnson's first real staff beginning in 85, had very few changes outside of Paul Jette (who was replaced by Wanny) till most of them left for Dallas

Butch's core staff was pretty stable, outside of Bill Miller who was replaced after the defense fell apart late in the 98 season

Lets hope Mario got it right this time around

Advertisement
Back