WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
The official definition of Cold Feet

apprehension or doubt strong enough to prevent a planned course of action.

The 49ers were always going to give him a raise though if another team was trying to lure him. Do you think we wouldn't of matched the money?
You don't know this you're assuming this.

And, thanks for googling the definition of cold feet. If you still don't understand the differences you're either dense or being intentionally obtuse.

NFL is always (at least for the vast majority of coaches and do not argue the exceptions to the rule) going to be a better job and career than college.
He was always getting more responsibilities and had upward upward trajectory with the 49ers. Do you think the 49ers were just going to let him Walk? Kyle shanahan loves Hankerson and has put him under his wing for two years, he was always going to put up a fight.

The point im trying to make is the 49ers were always going to fight to keep him. Hankerson had an upward trajectory in the NFL before he even decided to interview. That 49ers staff gets picked cleaned every off-season for HCs and Coordinators, that didn't just change all of a sudden. The other variable is money, do you think they offered so much more for Hankerson that we couldn't match? Idk usually the top position coaches in college make more then the NFL.

Is it possible that Hankerson interviewed with the mindset he was going to accept the job if offered and then he got a call from his ol buddy Kyle to make his final sales pitch? That sales pitch could of reminded him about the stability he currently has with the 49ers and how if he stays he will be a OC or HC in no time and to sweeten the deal he will match what the Canes are offering. Hankerson then sits down and realizes it's probably in his best interest to stay with the 49ers after just a day before wanting the Canes job. That's what I view as cold feet, he was planning on doing something and then the last second backed out for whatever reasons.

Regardless both sides of the argument are just opinions, none of us know what truly happened behind closed doors. I'm giving my opinion just like you are giving yours, neither of us have concrete evidence on why he decided to stay.
And then you go and argue the point I was making about the NFL being a better job AND offering him equal or more money. That is NOT cold feet. That is taking the better of two deals. In order for us to lure him away we would've most likely had to pay OC or close to OC money which does not make sense for a WR coach.

Biggest recruiter for us when it comes to WRs this year will be on the field. If we struggle to pass the ball again it doesn't matter if we have Julio Jones recruiting WRs they will still struggle. If we want to land the top WRs we need to show they can come here and be productive.

But if that’s true, it would be true regardless of whom we hired.

So why not hire an elite recruiter? At least with an elite recruiter, it might not be a requirement.

With Beard, it will be.

Advertisement
You don't know this you're assuming this.

And, thanks for googling the definition of cold feet. If you still don't understand the differences you're either dense or being intentionally obtuse.

NFL is always (at least for the vast majority of coaches and do not argue the exceptions to the rule) going to be a better job and career than college.

And then you go and argue the point I was making about the NFL being a better job AND offering him equal or more money. That is NOT cold feet. That is taking the better of two deals. In order for us to lure him away we would've most likely had to pay OC or close to OC money which does not make sense for a WR coach.
The 49ers job was always the better job though? How did that all of a sudden become true at the last minute? When he decided to come and interview for a lateral move it was always a poor career decision. The pull was supposed to be he wanted to help revive his Alma matter and bring them back to their glory days and take a lesser job, at the last minute he decided against it.

Advertisement
NYSOM is only out a week. I’ll get more feedback on Mack here. Dummies are allowed. Trolls are a different story.
Agreed on how that should be handled because as much as @Mackmiller974 comes across as... let's call it obtuse (no offense to him), he does not seem to be intentionally doing it or at least unbelievably so. I am sure many of us know a real-life Mack, so it is quite mild, even if he is trolling.

NYSOM, on the other hand, is an outright troll with multiple schticks that he uses to troll and get under people's skin intentionally.

To put it another way, Mack's schtick (if you can call it that) comes across as a believable fan of a team with mostly good intentions. NYSOM would be banned for his schticks on most forums, football or otherwise.

I’m starting to lean towards the view that he’s a troll. He can’t make some good points here and there and then do this.

In the immortal words of Lloyd Dobler, when Diane Court accused him of ageism after he talked about the way that old people eat food...

"Really? Well, you're really turning me around here."

Advertisement
Wonder who sacked up and banned him
Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

Advertisement
Im supporting Beard because he’s hired but I would’ve preferred a guy like Shorts who Dawson coached with. It’s not about the lack of splash. And Bama can do what they want at this point. We’re not remotely them.
I’m shocked it’s even controversial to say the obvious here lol. Nobody should be thrilled about this hire. **** you shouldn’t be angry either. Hence meh , average or lazy being used for the hire. It’s not like it’s a personal attack or somebody said “ I don’t want that jerk Kevin Beard or his breath stinks, no recruit will commit to him”. People have to create a narrative or make somebody out to be a victim. We’re all Cane fans and we all want him to kill it. Just like Mario , Dawson, Harris , Guidry and Nicholson to do the same. We just like those hires a lot more…….well I do.

Just because somebody says something you don’t like or agree with doesn’t then have to turn into an us versus them deal. I’d be much more concerned about this hire if the scheme or oc hadn’t upgraded but I’m also not celebrating either lol. Tbh I wouldn’t celebrate a wrc hire in the first place .

Last edited:
The 49ers job was always the better job though? How did that all of a sudden become true at the last minute? When he decided to come and interview for a lateral move it was always a poor career decision. The pull was supposed to be he wanted to help revive his Alma matter and bring them back to their glory days and take a lesser job, at the last minute he decided against it.
Again, are you being dense or intentionally obtuse?

Obtuse:
lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect : INSENSITIVE, STUPID

The official definition of Cold Feet

apprehension or doubt strong enough to prevent a planned course of action.

The 49ers were always going to give him a raise though if another team was trying to lure him. Do you think we wouldn't of matched the money?

No. The necessary underlying assumption of "getting cold feet" is there is no change in circumstances (aside from the person's own growing apprehension about proceeding with a course of action). That is the point.

Hypothetically, if your GF agrees to marry you, but later learns her well-hung and better-looking-than-you ex-boyfriend -- who was presumed dead at sea in a fishing accident -- actually survived and became ultra-wealthy after suing the charter boat and still wants to marry her, so she accepts his wedding proposal and backs out of yours, that's not cold feet. The circumstances changed. She got a better offer. And so she took a (previously unavailable) course of action.

Now, if a week before the wedding that same hypothetical fiancé says, "I can't marry a man with ED" (when she already knew about your ED when she accepted the proposal) and suddenly calls off the engagement, leaving the country to get pounded for a week at a Caribbean Sandals resort with her ****** girlfriends, in that instance she got cold feet. She had all the information at the time she made her initial decision, but backed out (without a better offer).

Advertisement
Back