WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
No it isn't ... not even close. "Cold feet" means ... lack of confidence in a situation. Remaining in his current position with the 49ers after having gotten (according to reports) a major salary upgrade AND assurances from the HC regarding his career trajectory with the 9ers ... is simply a wise business decision.
We could of matched his salary I'm sure... Staying with the 49ers was always the better business decision even before he decided to interview. What do you mean by assurances? What assurances did he get? Are they making him OC to stay?

Debating cold feet is just as bad as passed over

The wording applies to both situations that have happened to Miami

But continue if you want..

Advertisement
Well idk, everyone in there brother reported he wanted the job and even interviewed for it and was expected to get it then at the last minute decided not to because he wanted to stay with the 49ers, isn't that cold feet?

NO. It's literally NOT "cold feet". READ THE DEFINITION.

Well idk, everyone in there brother reported he wanted the job and even interviewed for it and was expected to get it then at the last minute decided not to because he wanted to stay with the 49ers, isn't that cold feet?
No. It isn’t. It’s pretty obvious the 9ers made it very difficult for him to leave after interviewing with us not once, but twice.

We get it, though. You clearly have an agenda and decided to create a false narrative to make Miami and Mario look bad.

No. It isn’t. It’s pretty obvious the 9ers made it very difficult for him to leave after interviewing with us not once, but twice.

We get it, though. You clearly have an agenda and decided to create a false narrative to make Miami and Mario look bad.

According to one person who has good info the 49ers made some offers and assurances for his family.

Possibly more money or offering to relocate and provide housing, schooling who knows...

We could of matched his salary I'm sure... Staying with the 49ers was always the better business decision even before he decided to interview. What do you mean by assurances? What assurances did he get? Are they making him OC to stay?

First of all, it's "could have", not "could of".

More importantly, it has nothing to do with a salary-matching bidding war. Miami STARTED OFF with an offer to Hank that exceeded what he was being paid at San Francisco. San Francisco outbid Miami.

Maybe all the time you've spent living in your mom's basement bidding on things on eBay has given you a distorted sense of how long Hank and Miami and San Francisco were going to go back and forth with monetary offers. If Hank was happy with SF's counter-offer and the money was enough to let him move his wife and kids to the west coast, good for him.

THAT'S NOT COLD FEET AS IT RELATES TO THE MIAMI OFFER. You seem incapable of simply looking up the definition.

Advertisement
Our WR class is going to be siiiiiiiiiick. Game changing program sick.
Andre The Giant No GIF

To be fair this could be said about me as well. I've been perma banned twice and let back.

You're a good egg, though.
You're also an actual Miami Hurricanes fan and not just some self-absorbed, attention-starved internet weirdo who gets his jollies by pretending (or not) to come on to other anonymous men on a UM message board.

Not judging off of 6 years ago. He’s toiled in Toledo making < $100k per year for the last 5 years without getting poached upwards. That said, it’s more the lack of history with Dawson and his system but he’s hired now so I’m supporting him and hoping for a smooth transition with Dawson.
Maybe Dawson’s WRC didn’t want to move to SoFL. Could be any number of reasons we wound up with Beard.

Advertisement
You get yourself in all kinds of trouble because of all the assumptions, speculation, and conjecture you spew constantly. NO ONE knows for certain why Hank decided to stay with SF. It’s now water under the bridge and no longer matters.

Advertisement
You get yourself in all kinds of trouble because of all the assumptions, speculation, and conjecture you spew constantly. NO ONE knows for certain why Hank decided to stay with SF. It’s now water under the bridge and no longer matters.

I'd also add something simple. We actually HAVE had some posters with knowledge talk about the SF counter-offer, and yet MackBammer STILL insists on calling it "cold feet", when that term is inaccurate to describe what actually happened.

I could understand MackBammer being wrong once in a while, but why he insists on doubling down on an incocrect post over and over again, I'll never figure out.

Let's do a thought exercise.

We'll use two examples using the same theoretical person.

A.) A WR coach that works for a professional football team, the San Diego 58ers is offered a job as a WR coach at his alma mater, the University of South Beach. This would mean making more money; however, it is a risk that could change the current trajectory of his career. The negotiations between said WR coach and the head football coach of the University of South Beach have gone very well. It's time to sign the deal finalizing the change. At the last moment, the WR coach decides he doesn't want to risk it and tells the head coach thanks, but no thanks. He returns to his old job at the same salary, with no bonuses. Everything is the same. He didn't want to take the risk despite weeks-long negotiations.

B.) The exact same situation as above. At the last moment, the head football coach of the San Diego 58ers tells the WR coach, "I will up your salary and throw in multiple bonuses, including other incentives that all but guarantee your trajectory continues to climb." He returns to his old job, making more money, better incentives, and more responsibilities under one of the best coaches in professional football. He tells the head coach of his alma mater thanks coach, but they made me an offer I can't refuse.

Now, which situation is cold feet? Are they both cold feet? Are neither cold feet?

That is true...but that was under others...Mario could chew you up and spit you out. His job is comfy...his assistants ...well not so....based off this year.

All he has to do is NOT be Stubblefield or Gattis and he'll be ok...**** the DONK was able to land guys. lol smh

Yep, low bar. lol

Honestly, Beard is a decent hire. Real good recruiter and probably got some good tutelage after 4 years under Candle. Take it and let's move on.

Advertisement
Back