WR Coach Candidates

Our WR class is going to be siiiiiiiiiick. Game changing program sick.
season 2 episode 21 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Advertisement
You're probably right. In any job search (not just coaching), how broad your network is, increases your visibility and enhances your chances.

While most seem disappointed he's not a "splash" hire, the question now is how good is he, does he fit our needs?

Just curious, has @Memnon weighed in on it yet?
i haven’t seen him comment today. I’ll be supporting Beard and hoping for the best. I don’t think a lot of us are disappointed in the splash thing as much as Dawson hiring someone he’s in sync with from past experience or at least system. He’s hired though and he’s got strong ties in Broward so there’s that too.

Advertisement
Beard stalled out for 5 years at a mediocre program. What's close here?
How do you determine that? Because he's not on a fast track? Outside of So Fla there's a taint associated with coaching at UM given our results over the past 20 years. It takes time to rehabilitate your reputation.

He should be assessed based on how he coached based on circumstances that he was in. Do you think he's going to attract the same sort of recruits that OSU can?

I'm not saying he a good hire, I just trying to be non-judgmental. The more important hires were the coordinators.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People were conflating poRsters and trolls. Therefore the trolls won. They should be two separate categories.
It’s hard to separate sometimes. A skilled troll could be poRsting as his troll. That’s always been the challenge - being able to determine if someone is really that awful of a poster or it’s a troll.

You’ll never hear me say the worst or bad. I use lazy or meh. Meaning we could’ve done worse and we could’ve done better. I agree about the loyalty part , I texted that to somebody a few minutes ago. With Harris and Beard. He wanted guys who care about the program and the area.
Im a huge Harris fan...Im meh with Beard...but i kinda feel he will be ok working with Mario and i think he is atleast competent.
I believed Gattis was incompetent, I believe Stubblefield was below avg...i dont think Beard will have an ego and sabotage Mario's efforts.
Gun to my head...woulda went Underwood and stole him from Pitt...after Hank fell thru.

You ninjas HATE south Florida dont you?.

There are like 3 power 5 schools from central to north fla go pick one of them to be a fan of.

Maybe he picked guys that arent angling for positions outside of south florida and are alumni with pride in their school?.
It’s not the fact that we are hiring SFL guys, it’s that appearance wise we are prioritizing SFL guys over scheme and cohesion.

Advertisement
How do you determine that? Because he's not on a fast track? Outside of So Fla there's a taint associated with coaching at UM given the our results over the past 20 years. It takes time to rehabilitate your reputation.

He should be assessed based on how he coached based on circumstances that he's in. Do you think he's going to attract the same sort of recruits that OSU can?

I'm not saying he a good hire, I just trying to be non-judgmental. The more important hires were the coordinators.
I think Beard will deliver us to the promised land. No more hidden gems for us.

He may have been a candidate if not- who would have thought we would hire dawson. But if he was hired that people would give him more of a shot- instead of judging him based upon 6&7 years ago. I am a different person than I was in 2017. Now people already have their mind made up.
Not judging off of 6 years ago. He’s toiled in Toledo making < $100k per year for the last 5 years without getting poached upwards. That said, it’s more the lack of history with Dawson and his system but he’s hired now so I’m supporting him and hoping for a smooth transition with Dawson.

Advertisement
Well idk, everyone in there brother reported he wanted the job and even interviewed for it and was expected to get it then at the last minute decided not to because he wanted to stay with the 49ers, isn't that cold feet?
I'm finally convinced you spew out bull**** on purpose to get a rise out of a good number of us

Well idk, everyone in there brother reported he wanted the job and even interviewed for it and was expected to get it then at the last minute decided not to because he wanted to stay with the 49ers, isn't that cold feet?
Cold feet is backing out when nothing changes. Getting offered a better opportunity (promotion) changed the status quo.

No it isn't ... not even close. "Cold feet" means ... lack of confidence in a situation. Remaining in his current position with the 49ers after having gotten (according to reports) a major salary upgrade AND assurances from the HC regarding his career trajectory with the 9ers ... is simply a wise business decision.

Advertisement
Back