WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
This is still NASTY WORK!

Bring Hurlie Brown *** back just off of me watching this again.

LOL Beard got triggered when speed was mentioned because he never was fast. Paul Williams letting out silent farts on the chalk board while everyone speaks is another classic...CONSIDERING he was the **** db coach with no input. lmaoo..

No Frio was so smug about this dude because his relationship with them guys in delaware...that kids older brother was at Penn State at the time..eventually made it to the league as a good lb for the rams.
Dorito was so full of himself because he was Golden's boy. I'm glad we set his career back 10 years

He’s an huge upgrade over those two , then again my morning dump would be a substantial upgrade. Beard is at least likable and approachable.
Clear he wasnt the first choice.
Like others have stated i think he wanted guys who would be loyal to the U..not in search of gigs or underlying issues...He fits that build.

I liked other guys but i dont think he is the worst hire...ill say its MID...but it has potential considering his early connections to this class in s.fla...and him showing work in the tampa region since being at Toledo.

Beard is very technical at the position i like that part about it. His way of coaching wr is good with local wrs' who are use to that type. Him being in Ohio recruiting for 5+ years also opens him up to possible other networks. as well. We cant get Hartline but he is recruiting NATIONAL at wr...and may leave some of that Ohio meat on the bone where Michigan and others steal guys maybe we can as well.

Is there any doubt that had he not played here, we wouldn’t be talking about him right now?
You're probably right. In any job search (not just coaching), how broad your network is, increases your visibility and enhances your chances.

While most seem disappointed he's not a "splash" hire, the question now is how good is he, does he fit our needs?

Just curious, has @Memnon weighed in on it yet?

He has no obvious link that I know of, to the trunk (Hal Mumme) of the Air Raid tree, but a lot of his scheme stems from there. A lot of his calls are even the same. Inside Zone, Shallow, Mesh, etc. He has a touch of Malzahn with the QB runs. He not part of the Air Raid tree per say, but he definitely was swinging off of a branch :ROFLMAO: . I played for Mumme at VSU. I know "air raid" principles when I see em.

cgvwkcr.gif

Advertisement
Yeah, would’ve liked Hank or an up and comer. Galloway was a pipe dream. Besides Hank, Beard, and Coley, any others we know for sure interviewed for the job?

A lot of people on here were *****ing that the new OC needed to bring in his own guys. Seems like all hired were double vetted by both Mario and Dawson. For the “the OC should hire his guys” crowd there you go.

Kevin beard got so much respect in these neighborhoods. Especially in broward county most of you all don’t have a clue. When they say Beard Is a legend it’s actually true. When they says the Harris family is respected in Miami is actually true. They can walk into any home and hood and feel safe and families trust them. Let’s stop downplaying that
Kevin Beard's name in BROWARD COUNTY holds much more weight than Leonard Hankerson for those that dont know.

He is Broward legend ....usually mentioned with the Mike Irvings, Isaac Bruce's in case yall dont know.

Clear he wasnt the first choice.
Like others have stated i think he wanted guys who would be loyal to the U..not in search of gigs or underlying issues...He fits that build.

I liked other guys but i dont think he is the worst hire...ill say its MID...but it has potential considering his early connections to this class in s.fla...and him showing work in the tampa region since being at Toledo.

Beard is very technical at the position i like that part about it. His way of coaching wr is good with local wrs' who are use to that type. Him being in Ohio recruiting for 5+ years also opens him up to possible other networks. as well. We cant get Hartline but he is recruiting NATIONAL at wr...and may leave some of that Ohio meat on the bone where Michigan and others steal guys maybe we can as well.
You’ll never hear me say the worst or bad. I use lazy or meh. Meaning we could’ve done worse and we could’ve done better. I agree about the loyalty part , I texted that to somebody a few minutes ago. With Harris and Beard. He wanted guys who care about the program and the area.

Advertisement
at the end of the day, beard wont matter if the offense performs. at Tenn, its their HC that will attract high end O talent. they want to play for heuphal

I can agree with that.

If Dawson gets us untracked on offense, I think Beard will be able to land some good SoFla talent.

Advertisement
Yeah, would’ve liked Hank or an up and comer. Galloway was a pipe dream. Besides Hank, Beard, and Coley, any others we know for sure interviewed for the job?

A lot of people on here were *****ing that the new OC needed to bring in his own guys. Seems like all hired were double vetted by both Mario and Dawson. For the “the OC should hire his guys” crowd there you go.
coley wnated an OC title from what i remember reading

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back