WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Beard and Harris are very underwhelming hires who wouldn't have been offered the job(s) if they didn't have connections to Miami and who no other big time program would hire.

Your description fits Beard

I’d have to disagree on Harris. By all accounts he’s a rising star, who has advanced at every level

I'm not necessarily saying I totally disagree but this whole "Miami isn't that attractive a place to coach or for a positions corch" narrative needs a little more supporting evidence than most are providing.

What is it exactly?

It's not currently pay, facilities or the school's lack of embrace of athletics.

Is it just some "cloud" of longterm mediocrity?

Is it not wanting to deal with South Florida kids? Would you not be recruiting the same kids at other programs?

Is it the nonsense of "i CAnT rA1sE mAh faMLeE iN tHE M0rAL cEsSpoOl oF mIAmI!!!!"

Or is it Mario specifically has some sort of stigma to work for?
To me it seems like the "stench" of the 2022 season and the total lack of any offensive production had even more impact than we might have thought. Mario desperately needs to back up his 2023 OL recruiting class with another monster class, adding WR, DT and RB to the mix, AND get those W's. If UM can get a 10 win season in 2024 (earlier?) it will make all recruiting issues easier to manage (roster and staff). 2023 offensive production is crucial.

Advertisement
I feel a major part of hartline’s success is his nfl career. Players like Inniss and Smith likely watched him produce 1k yards in back to back seasons as they were just starting out at the WR position. To add on, those guys had him on their tv every Sunday compared to oos recruits
Those kids very likely don’t remember Hartline as a player

Advertisement
Just out of curiosity what if Candle would have been hired as the OC and brought Beard with him as the WR coach?

Would people feel the same way?

We talk about letting the OC pick his guys.... is it possible Dawson is ok with this as well?

More than likely be same reactions

Advertisement
Trader was already a heavy UM lean. Dawson will be the hire that gets wrz’s attention. Just being honest. Beard is what he is , not an awful hire but would be a very meh and lazy imo.

I was hoping I was wrong yesterday morning. If he hadn’t played for us no one would consider this a remotely decent hire.

Those guys are absolutely clueless slurpers though. You could say my golden retriever was the WR coach and they'd blindly love the hire.
air bud football GIF

Just out of curiosity what if Candle would have been hired as the OC and brought Beard with him as the WR coach?

Would people feel the same way?

We talk about letting the OC pick his guys.... is it possible Dawson is ok with this as well?
I'd still be annoyed but it would make a lot more sense as he could would obviously know the offense.

I'm hoping Dawson is cool with the hire, assuming Mario talked to him.

Beard might be fine but definitely the worst hire this year. Overall, i think Mario did pretty good though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back