WR Coach Candidates

oh, i'm an insider, that's where the fun is (Blinded by the Light, written by Bruce Springsteen, made famous by Manfred Mann's Earth Band, an English rock band with a South African lead singer, talk about pioneers in inclusion?).
A song that still grabs attention today when it shows up on a playlist.

Advertisement
He did. But imagine with that money and a functional offense.

@Memnon has alluded to this many times. Putting up numbers is the best recruiter you have. Now throw in Mario, NIL and a decent WR coach.

I talk to prospects all the time (mainly transfers), and having a good O is always #1 on their list.

That was my point about Innis. If we had a good product, we would have been in realllly good shape for him.
Quite possibly. Maybe he just bought completely in to what Hartline/OSU is selling, and their track record. He had to have known Gattis would never be his OC, and didn't want to roll the dice and hope our future offense turned itself around.

To the "Relax, not a big issue if we dont have a WR coach, or DE coach, etc by Spring ball!" crowd..If we had just come off a 10 win season..I would agree...but we just went 5-7 and had the worst loss in this programs history since FAMU in 1979....(MTSU)...im sorry but we need EVERY coach we can get ready to go and ready to get to work. Mario doesnt get that kind of pass from me. JMO.

As underwhelming as our WRs were last season, I really do hope the "crowd" you're referencing is just a handful of people. I haven't seen too many people take that position. There were a bunch of people saying the hires didn't need to be made a month before the start of spring practice, but I don't recall seeing more than a few people actually claiming we don't need our on-field coaching staff (and especially WR coach) in by the start of spring ball.

Considering Junior Day is 3/4, from a recruiting standpoint alone it's a real issue if we don't have a complete staff by then. And it should be pretty obvious we want the players on the field receiving as much coaching as possible. We only have 15 spring practices. Coaches missing any of them is a big deal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
To the "Relax, not a big issue if we dont have a WR coach, or DE coach, etc by Spring ball!" crowd..If we had just come off a 10 win season..I would agree...but we just went 5-7 and had the worst loss in this programs history since FAMU in 1979....(MTSU)...im sorry but we need EVERY coach we can get ready to go and ready to get to work. Mario doesnt get that kind of pass from me. JMO.

Agree

You gotta be a moron to think it doesn't hurt to have position coaches during spring ball.

@TheOriginalCane my man always keeping it real. How many keyboards you go through a week with this board?
Probably a lot

I Hate My Job Office Rage GIF

Advertisement
Given how close we are to school’s starting spring practice and coaches potentially not waiting to bail last minute on their teams, is it more likely at this point that it will be an NFL WR coach?

I think Cincinnati, Houston and Maryland still looking for OC possibly but no clue when their Spring practices start

Advertisement
oh, i'm an insider, that's where the fun is (Blinded by the Light, written by Bruce Springsteen, made famous by Manfred Mann's Earth Band, an English rock band with a South African lead singer, talk about pioneers in inclusion?).
Oh man. You are citing Springsteen. We just became best friends.

So irrelevant that you just HAD to post it.

But kudos on telling the same lame, repetitive, debunked HILARIOUS joke that has sadly built the myth that not-as-smart people believe as fact. HILARIOUS!

I'm sure you'll find another dead horse to beat on.

Don’t cry so much

I’ll keep calling you out for being the **** that you are

Advertisement
Back