WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
I think losing to Middle Tennessee entitles everyone to slander Mario, friend.

:)
I typically avoid responding to your posts to avoid lending any credence to your negative takes but in this case, I’ll take exception.

Singling out one game of Mario’s entire body of work is an extremely narrow view of his entire career. Was the MTSU game a fiasco? Without question. So were several others of his first year as the HC at Miami. Mario has also proven over time to be a competent head football coach with a few obvious flaws that he will hopefully become more adept.

He’s shown us that if something isn’t working, he won’t hesitate to make the necessary changes to fix it. Time will tell if the recent changes will make a significant difference in results on the field.

Advertisement
while youre nto wrong there, coming close doesnt cut it anymore. well feel the effects of this class at WR in the future, but hopefully whoever the new WRC and OC can put a product on the field that draws transfers. regarding hartline, hes not some mythical creature but we tried to buy a local WR and he told us to **** off bc he doesnt trust us to develop him and would rather follow Hartline. that matters. im honestly done with miami retreads coaching here tbh. Hank woudl have been nice bc of the credibility he would bring coming from Shanahans system but i never expected it to happen bc honestly, hed be an idiot to hitch his career progression to mario vs KS and thats not a shot at mario just the facts on what KS's assistants are doing. its a gold mine of a hiring system just being attached to the guy. anyways, we got a new OC who seems to be what we wanna see on the field. i know cribby wasnt excited about the hire but well see what happens on the field as thats the only thingthat matters.

Just to clarify, I didn't say "coming close" cuts it or doesn't. I'm saying that if we came so close WHILE we had Gattis, I think we close several of the deals with anyone even moderately better than Gattis, you don't even "need" infinitely better. We actually signed one of the BEST EVER recruiting classes at Miami, outside of the WR position.

Something worked. Something didn't. I think we'll be soooo much better off just not having Gattis around taking dumps in the punch bowl (or was it depositing his *****?).

Beard is good. I'm not saying he's "as good" as Hank, I'm just saying certain fans shouldn't start from the argumentative spot that, because he has a UM diploma, he does not have the same merits as other candidates.

I know you went to UM more recently than I did, but I really don't understand your pessimism as to why a UM alum wouldn't want to come back and help the program return to better days. Nobody is saying that working for Shanahan is not awesome, but please take note of the fact that it took Shanahan two weeks to figure out that "more money and assurances of building him to be an OC" was something meaningful for Hank. Maybe Shanahan was also scoping out the market and figured out it was better to pay Hank than to lose Hank. Hank definitely believes in Mario and UM enough to seriously consider taking the job, and he would have taken the job if not for the 11th hour counteroffer.

I think losing to Middle Tennessee entitles everyone to slander Mario, friend.

:)
You would have fired Saban after his first year too. And Kirby after barely beating Nichols St 26-24, and Lincoln for losing to Tulane, etc. Lou Holtz went 0-11 his first year at SCar too, can his a$$. Mark Richt lost to a Colorado team that fired its coach midseason, or Vandy in 2013 to snap a 22-year win streak. Surely you gave up on him then.

This is why you’re a CIS porster (for the time being) and nothing more. Your opinion is irrelevant. Why don’t you head back to the kiddie table and let the adults talk about football. We’ll keep an eye on you so there’s no Sandusky behavior going on.

Last edited:
I typically avoid responding to your posts to avoid lending any credence to your negative takes but in this case, I’ll take exception.

Singling out one game of Mario’s entire body of work is an extremely narrow view of his entire career. Was the MTSU game a fiasco? Without question. So were several others of his first year as the HC at Miami. Mario has also proven over time to be a competent head football coach with a few obvious flaws that he will hopefully become more adept.

He’s shown us that if something isn’t working, he won’t hesitate to make the necessary changes to fix it. Time will tell if the recent changes will make a significant difference in results on the field.
What if you're not really a fan, but are looking for a reason to troll, does it count then?

Advertisement
It was a joke, here’s your gold star for clarifying an irrelevant topic

So irrelevant that you just HAD to post it.

But kudos on telling the same lame, repetitive, debunked HILARIOUS joke that has sadly built the myth that not-as-smart people believe as fact. HILARIOUS!

I'm sure you'll find another dead horse to beat on.

pass on beard only bc I think we need a big time recruiter in there honestly (someone who can go at Hartline toe to toe). we can't afford more **** show WR recruiting anymore. last year was horrific
If Dawson’s offense is attractive to WR’s, it’ll sell itself. I think OSU’s offense is attractive to WR’s thus giving Hartline a lot of ammo to sell to recruits.

If Dawson’s offense is attractive to WR’s, it’ll sell itself. I think OSU’s offense is attractive to WR’s thus giving Hartline a lot of ammo to sell to recruits.
Having a creative offense that puts up 40 points a game + is attractive to WR recruits. Being a top program and in the hunt for the playoffs is attractive, as is the number of players OCU has put in the NFL. UM needs to win 10+ games a season for a couple of seasons in a row, win the lowly ACC (while we're still here), and become relevant again. Then whoever the WR coach is will all of a sudden be viewed as a rock star.

Advertisement
To the "Relax, not a big issue if we dont have a WR coach, or DE coach, etc by Spring ball!" crowd..If we had just come off a 10 win season..I would agree...but we just went 5-7 and had the worst loss in this programs history since FAMU in 1979....(MTSU)...im sorry but we need EVERY coach we can get ready to go and ready to get to work. Mario doesnt get that kind of pass from me. JMO.

Advertisement
It's surprising no other program has tried to lure him from Toledo.

South Florida is the mecca of WR recruiting so there's a ton of value to be had in bringing in a guy that has connections down here and can help bring in some SFL athletes.

Even a mid-tier program like Duke, Syracuse, Rutgers, Mizzou, etc. You'd think programs like these would see value in a guy that comes from a decent offensive mind in Jason Candle AND has the SFL ties.
I think what you laid out speaks volumes about how he is viewed as a coach.

Never claimed to be an insider and I didn't realize you were the term police. I'm no more or less knowledgeable then you are or most anyone else that post on this site. However, thanks for your input.

oh, i'm an insider, that's where the fun is (Blinded by the Light, written by Bruce Springsteen, made famous by Manfred Mann's Earth Band, an English rock band with a South African lead singer, talk about pioneers in inclusion?).

Advertisement
Back