WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Advertisement
Beard supposedly interviewed last Thursday in Miami, day before Hank from what I had read. There must be a couple of other viable candidates that have been in discussion with Mario as well. Any clue?

Not sure that there have been in-person interviews, but I'm not sure why it would be so shocking for an OC candidate (Taylor) to be considered for the WR position. I'm not saying it will happen, but I'm just confused by why some people think he should be offered an analyst job instead.

I've also made it clear for weeks that Whip (and possibly Turner) should be considered, particularly now that the Cardinals seem to be going with an all-new staff.

Lies No GIF

Advertisement
Not sure that there have been in-person interviews, but I'm not sure why it would be so shocking for an OC candidate (Taylor) to be considered for the WR position. I'm not saying it will happen, but I'm just confused by why some people think he should be offered an analyst job instead.

I've also made it clear for weeks that Whip (and possibly Turner) should be considered, particularly now that the Cardinals seem to be going with an all-new staff.
Whip would be interesting for sure ... from all I read he is highly respected and viewed as a major up and comer.

Advertisement
Gaby said he was told it should be wrapped up by Saturday UF he personally has his doubts about that. Not sure who his source is but it seemed like he wasn’t feeling as optimistic. As they were.

Advertisement
Yeah, that’s who I asked about somewhere in here. They’ve already had success together. I’d think he knows what’s needed in this offense. Why force a fit? I’d go this direction over Beard.

I'm not disagreeing. I'd merely point out that the recent Hank/Beard interviews have involved Dawson. Thus, I do not think these are shotgun weddings, Dawson has the chance to weigh in on the choice.

And I'm not saying that YOU feel this way, but it's funny to see guys go bat**** crazy over MARIO considering coordinators "with whom he has familiarity", and then advocating for Dawson to hire a coach with whom he has familiarity.

The good old Mope Squad double standard.

I just want good coaching chemistry. Don't care if everyone below Mario is a UM alum or none of them are UM alums. Don't care if they are all old or all young (though I think there are challenges hiring an all-oldtimer staff). Don't care if they are all SoFla or none are from SoFla. I just want them to get along and not be toxic ******** like we had last year.

Advertisement
Back