WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
If Ferman is reporting Hank is out it could mean he's announced as Miami's WR coach within the next few hours.

But if Ferman is finally right for once.......

Frustrated World Cup GIF
Ferman has been more accurate than we might like to think since Mario got here.

Shannon Dawson & Lonnie Galloway recruited him out of HS & when he got his first job ever in coaching he was hired at West VA by Holgorsen, then he brought him with him to Houston.

He may be loyal to Holgorsen because he’s played for him for his entire career thus far, but eventually he’ll probably leave. He’s a Maryland kid, so who knows if he wants to stay in Houston, but it would be a seamless transition if were in consideration for the spot, bu it’s unknown if he’s an option.

This shouldn’t be too much of a Carlsen move to figure out, just find a WR coach who’s played it & understands the position, isn’t a complete fckface & knows the system & we’ll be rolling.

There’s quite a few candidates that can fit in perfectly with what we’ll be doing Offensively, offer one of’em a pay raise & lets get this show on the road.
I don’t get the Beard thing. I feel like he’s only being considered because of the “Cane-bro” thing. Has he even coached in this type of offense?

Ok so Mario should have not tried and aimed lower. Sounds legit. I’d rather strike out on a few 10’s or so by at least asking then keep hitting on 3’s.

Don’t have an issue here.

That said his overall hiring process is nausea

Whatever you need to tell yourself brotha’, lol.

Advertisement
I don’t get the Beard thing. I feel like he’s only being considered because of the “Cane-bro” thing.

Because that is the only reason, lol. If he didn’t play here and we were just getting the WR coach from Toledo for the past X amount of years, it’d be armageddon.

Par the course. The rationalization here is like nowhere else on this planet.

u know anyone that can beat out HArtline in your opinion?
Holmon Wiggins, Brennan Marion, JaMarcus Shephard & Dennis Simmons

I don’t think any of them would actually come here, but really it’s not about Hartline, it’s about our W/L record & how we look on the field. Our WR recruiting is contingent upon winning games & putting a productive Offense on the field that actually uses WR’s properly.

The name doesn’t have to be some big time Superstar, just get a Coach who knows the WR position & isn’t an idiot & our WR recruiting will be fine.

Advertisement
Poster on Ferman’s site said he was very torn. Hank believes in Matrio and saw opportunity at Miami. He also said that Shanahan fought hard to keep him and the fact he is taking Hank under his wing and has made certain assurances to him is what swayed him to stay.
That makes sense. He is a young up and coming coach working for Kyle Shanahan, one of the best offensive minds in the league, hard to pass that up.

Poster on Ferman’s site said he was very torn. Hank believes in Matrio and saw opportunity at Miami. He also said that Shanahan fought hard to keep him and the fact he is taking Hank under his wing and has made certain assurances to him is what swayed him to stay.
I don’t blame him at all. Happy to see him do well.

Not really. Reportedly he turned down a lot of $$ to not come here.
He did. But imagine with that money and a functional offense.

@Memnon has alluded to this many times. Putting up numbers is the best recruiter you have. Now throw in Mario, NIL and a decent WR coach.

I talk to prospects all the time (mainly transfers), and having a good O is always #1 on their list.

That was my point about Innis. If we had a good product, we would have been in realllly good shape for him.

Advertisement
Shannon Dawson & Lonnie Galloway recruited him out of HS & when he got his first job ever in coaching he was hired at West VA by Holgorsen, then he brought him with him to Houston.

He may be loyal to Holgorsen because he’s played & Coached for him for his entire career thus far, but eventually he’ll probably leave. He’s a Maryland kid, so who knows if he wants to stay in Houston, but it would be a seamless transition if were in consideration for the spot, but it’s unknown if he’s an option.

This shouldn’t be too much of a Carlsen move to figure out, just find a WR coach who’s played it & understands the position, isn’t a complete fckface & knows the system & we’ll be rolling.

There’s quite a few candidates that can fit in perfectly with what we’ll be doing Offensively, offer one of’em a pay raise & lets get this show on the road.

Did Galloway already turn us down? Seems like he’d be the perfect fit…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back