WR Coach Candidates

Welp considering I spent a good amount of time with swase what I'll say is most of us HE was responsible for developing a good chunk of our work ethic. Not many of us were ELITE before we got with butch and staff and I thank God every day for the role they each played in developing us as men and the the work ethic necessary to succeed in life. Our things is once it was introduced to us we ate it up like hungry wolves. We couldn't get enough. Because as a whole we were held accountable. Not only by our coaches but FAR more importantly we were held accountable by each other. That's the biggest difference we need to see before we really turn that corner and expect success. When we start DEMANDING it out of each other. I do understand the point with Hartline and he's definitely been gave the best of the best. But it'll be interesting to see within two years tops (as he's been interviewing for hc spots) what he does when he can't simply hide behind the osu brand. Personally I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a stud on his own but we'll have to see how he delegates.
I appreciate your perspective here.

I interned at UM several years after you were there and while I have criticized his programming, Swasey was a gentleman when I met him and yes, getting guys to buy into a program is an oft-overlooked aspect of S&C that I think he excelled at, given the amount of players who continued to come back to train with him.

Edit: I recall seeing Antrel Rolle's Lambo out front of the Hecht when I was there, apparently he had come back to work out with Swasey during the offseason lol

Advertisement
My gripe and others were about the hiring process last go round, having coaches hired before the coordinators. This go round he‘s doing it a more logical way and as you said people are now mad about that too lol. Theres no satisfying some of these guys.
Agreed. I think we both know why he did it the other way last time (due to how long he had a oc committed for until that oc left & basically assured how that would go)but definitely need symmetry from the top down in ur units.

I appreciate your perspective here.

I interned at UM several years after you were there and while I have criticized his programming, Swasey was a gentleman when I met him and yes, getting guys to buy into a program is an oft-overlooked aspect of S&C that I think he excelled at, given the amount of players who continued to come back to train with him.
swasey hate is silly. the hecht parking lot used to look like the collection during the offseason because of how many pros he worked with. he even had a few noles down here (pretty sure javon walker and darnell dockett among others) if im not mistaken.

This is what sucks about all of this. Many who had concerns about the process and who was going to be hired as OC had legit reasons but now those people are gonna get lumped in with the unreasonable ones that seem to just have a problem with every little thing no matter what.

I ran into the new WR coach last night. Chill dude. I’ll respeK the process & won’t divulge but we’ll be happy. Chatted Canes a bit & 49ers football. 5 kids were cool.

Think we’ll be happy. Just don’t want to overstep.
1677367341733.gif

Now… I wonder who could that be…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hank reached out weeks ago and has been interviewed twice. Last time was with Dawson. What makes no sense is people on here complain to no end about Mario and his time lines. Then they complain about due to the staff he hired and going after big names there was no cohesiveness. Now he adjusts that and involves Dawson in the process because it's his offense that the wr coach needs to be intricately involved with in order to be effective. So he's addressed all complaints but all people do is adjust what they ***** about and come back for more. Some people simply need to be miserable.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
swasey hate is silly. the hecht parking lot used to look like the collection during the offseason because of how many pros he worked with. he even had a few noles down here (pretty sure javon walker and darnell dockett among others) if im not mistaken.
All the boys from down here regardless of what college they went to used to all work out with us in the off season. People on here assume they're experts cause some stupid *** beat writer lied to y'all and said sawse wasn't allowed in the gym with us. Like context isnt necessary in life. Like all the gms and coaches in the NFL (who by the way 100% can and will tell you who you can and can't work out with)would all be more than happy with us working out with swase because he's so horrible. Dip****s all of em.

All the boys from down here regardless of what college they went to used to all work out with us in the off season. People on here assume they're experts cause some stupid *** beat writer lied to y'all and said sawse wasn't allowed in the gym with us. Like context isnt necessary in life. Like all the gms and coaches in the NFL (who by the way 100% can and will tell you who you can and can't work out with)would all be more than happy with us working out with swase because he's so horrible. Dip****s all of em.
How’s the skrippers?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back