WR Coach Candidates

definitely gotta assume that beard would have followed candle had he been the pick

hopefully we get someone who hustles and not someone who is past their prime like the majority of our staff last year

Advertisement
Yeah… me too

Hankerson won’t be anyone’s Brian hartline unless there’s a prolific offense running in the background is my point
Terrible point. OSU had two top 11 pick WRs walk into the NFL and have 1,000 yard seasons. Some development happened along the way, the offense wasn't the entire story.

Advertisement
Terrible point. OSU had two top 10 WRs walk into the NFL and have 1,000 yard seasons. Some development happened along the way, the offense wasn't the entire story.
I’m not completely dismissing Brian hartline I’m stating a fact that the offense and previous production is a big part of the story with Ohio state. I didn't say it was just the offense I said that he's benefited heavily by the offense, which is 100% fact

Are you really trying to discount that point?

If Brian hartline was our WR coach with Josh gattis calling plays for 2-3 years he wouldn’t be landing 5 star wr’s

Raising valid discussion points shouldn’t cause the half of the board that has a hard-on for hartline to spring into action

I’m not completely dismissing Brian hartline I’m stating a fact that the offense and previous production is a big part of the story with Ohio state. I didn't say it was just the offense I said that he's benefited heavily by the offense, which is 100% fact

Are you really trying to discount that point?

If Brian hartline was our WR coach with Josh gattis calling plays for 2-3 years he wouldn’t be landing 5 star wr’s

Raising valid discussion points shouldn’t cause the half of the board that has a hard-on for hartline to spring into action
Yikes.

Black Man Reaction GIF by Black Prez

Lol disqualified for having the Gaytor below us. I’m sure we should be on the list and I don’t care, but we are not worse than them.

@407cane is right on this as well as @Dwinstitles. Hartline is a part of it but he is not the one who started it. What started it is the same thing that happened with the Bama receivers as well. They got paid and they went to those schools and once one or two ball out that school gets a rep. Same thing has happened with us just the opposite direction unfortunately with WRs. The train keeps rolling easier after it gets started.

Advertisement
@407cane is right on this as well as @Dwinstitles. Hartline is a part of it but he is not the one who started it. What started it is the same thing that happened with the Bama receivers as well. They got paid and they went to those schools and once one or two ball out that school gets a rep. Same thing has happened with us just the opposite direction unfortunately with WRs. The train keeps rolling easier after it gets started.
Having a top offense is cool and all but we were top 25 2020 and 2021 how many top 20 WRs did we sign? @407cane feel free to chime in since this is your hill.

Richards would of been that guy but injuries. That doesn't guarantee u will get the next one cause u got to recruit hard but I agree. Hartline is just an elite recruiter right now. For now though we can change that eventually, we have to change that.

Depending on how good Chance Robinson and the 2 chaminade WRs are, hankerson, or whoever accepts the job, has a great opportunity to put Miami at the top of the WR totem pole. That’s the great thing about SoFlo, every decade has multiple potential All-Pro players at the skill positions.

Advertisement
Having a top offense is cool and all but we were top 25 2020 and 2021 how many top 20 WRs did we sign? @407cane feel free to chime in since this is your hill.
are you comparing our 1 year of "above average" offense to nearly a decade of Ohio State having top offenses and Ryan Day... The HC... being the one that calls plays?

the fact of the matter is, the majority of recruits know that committing to a position coach is dumb. Brian Hartline is an excellent recruiter and i'm sure he'll be an excellent play caller because he's learning under one of the best in the game.

Lincoln Riley has coached 3 heisman winners... and guess what, Oklahoma (and now USC) recruits qb's very well... do you think that qb's committing to USC from now on will be because of offensive assistants or a qb coach? or becuase they have a brain and know they can flourish in Riley's offense?

having someone like hartline would be great, but if we have a top 15 offense for 3-5 years straight, then it won't matter who our WR coach is

are you comparing our 1 year of "above average" offense to nearly a decade of Ohio State having top offenses and Ryan Day... The HC... being the one that calls plays?

the fact of the matter is, the majority of recruits know that committing to a position coach is dumb. Brian Hartline is an excellent recruiter and i'm sure he'll be an excellent play caller because he's learning under one of the best in the game.

Lincoln Riley has coached 3 heisman winners... and guess what, Oklahoma (and now USC) recruits qb's very well... do you think that qb's committing to USC from now on will be because of offensive assistants or a qb coach? or becuase they have a brain and know they can flourish in Riley's offense?

having someone like hartline would be great, but if we have a top 15 offense for 3-5 years straight, then it won't matter who our WR coach is
If Hartline were our WR coach we'd have signed a better WR class. Anything else you are trying to argue is irrelevant. Just like we had awful DB recruiting for a decade then in 1 season under T-Rob we signed our highest rated DB class. It wasn't some miracle philosophical change.

If Hank comes down from the NFL to be a WR coach here he's crazy. Good. We need some crazy.
The road to being a HC or an OC is much faster in college football than it is in the NFL. There are only 32 a piece of those positions in the NFL. There are hundreds in college football. He needs to prove he can recruit to advance in college football though.

The added bonusses are crazy taxation and cost of living there. He will get a pay raise, be with his wife and kids and get an expensive, but still drastically better cost of living. He could also get titles such as PGC or Co-OC, which get him promoted even faster in college football. He probably knows he needs some college football recruiting experience to advance faster at this level and college pays just as well if not better than the NFL at this point in the P5.

Advertisement
Bull**** list. Look at where our guys get drafted. Late and later… if at all. If we should be on a list or anything, we should be on a **** “misevaluating talent” list. That’s what we’ve been doing more of than anything in the last 20 years.

If Hartline were our WR coach we'd have signed a better WR class. Anything else you are trying to argue is irrelevant. Just like we had awful DB recruiting for a decade then in 1 season under T-Rob we signed our highest rated DB class. It wasn't some miracle philosophical change.

I think our class would have been a little better but it has to blend with the offensive scheme. If Hartline was here with Gattis at the helm I don’t think it would have mattered

Bull**** list. Look at where our guys get drafted. Late and later… if at all. If we should be on a list or anything, we should be on a **** “misevaluating talent” list. That’s what we’ve been doing more of than anything in the last 20 years.

So Miami had no talent and Oregon wasted it.

We ******?

Advertisement
Back