WR Coach Candidates

Random question for those that might know: are OC’s generally open to position coaches suggesting certain plays that were guaranteed money plays at their previous stops? Like if Hank has a couple 49er plays that were money, would dawson implement?
Interesting about Hank.... comes to UM as a mid 3* from St Thomas, has a bunch of drop problems early in his career, buckles down and really exploded onto the scene as a senior with over 1,100 receiving yards and breaks Irvin's record for TDs in a season, Whipple was his OC.

Then gets drafted in the third round by the Redskins, Week 9 as a rookie he earns a start and his second week starting ****ed up his hip on IR. Next year battles injury, down on the depth chart, getting beat out and by his third year dude worked his way back to starting WR then tore LCL and ACL. Kyle Shannahan was his OC

After that was a journeyman but could never get healthy (hip, knee, labrum, hamstring) retires from football in 16/17, then joins Mark Whipple as a GA at Umass, next year in 2018 promoted to WR coach.

Following year goes Stephen F. Austin as their WR coach from 19-20, then in 21 joins Kyle Shanahan at the 49s as quality control then after one year goes to be WR coach.

Interesting because 1. his former coaches thought so highly of him (assuming due to his intelligence as a player ) to offer him coaching positions, and 2. each time dude seems to be down, he claws his way back and rose through the coaching ranks pretty quickly...

Advertisement
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
He said that Keith Williams from the Ravens was a name to know for WR coach

Advertisement
Interesting about Hank.... comes to UM as a mid 3* from St Thomas, has a bunch of drop problems early in his career, buckles down and really exploded onto the scene as a senior with over 1,100 receiving yards and breaks Irvin's record for TDs in a season, Whipple was his OC.

Then gets drafted in the third round by the Redskins, Week 9 as a rookie he earns a start and his second week starting ****ed up his hip on IR. Next year battles injury, down on the depth chart, getting beat out and by his third year dude worked his way back to starting WR then tore LCL and ACL. Kyle Shannahan was his OC

After that was a journeyman but could never get healthy (hip, knee, labrum, hamstring) retires from football in 16/17, then joins Mark Whipple as a GA at Umass, next year in 2018 promoted to WR coach.

Following year goes Stephen F. Austin as their WR coach from 19-20, then in 21 joins Kyle Shanahan at the 49s as quality control then after one year goes to be WR coach.

Interesting because 1. his former coaches thought so highly of him (assuming due to his intelligence as a player ) to offer him coaching positions, and 2. each time dude seems to be down, he claws his way back and rose through the coaching ranks pretty quickly...
Multiple coaches who had him as a player then hiring him as a coach speaks volumes

Advertisement
Yes Williams went to jail and anybody who gets a 3rd DUI should go to Jail and longer than 30days. Making Guidry culpability sound less because he didn’t go to jail and it happened 5 years before is laughable.

Galloway did not ”participate“ in Wakey Leaks. Only one person participated in Wakey Leaks and his name ids Tommy Elrod. Galloway and several other coaches and programs including Army were recipients of the Wakey Leaks.

What Galloway did is not a crime, far from it. Minimize it? Rereading the articles about it, I think it was laughable that Louisville even suspended him.

**** off? FromDoooooopey? Lol, thanks for confirming my suspicions about your maturity level.

You are a dopey porster.

I never said that Guidry was "less culpable", you are a disgusting liar. Williams was arrested in 2004, 2009, and 2016. Williams' third arrest involved him hitting an Uber from behind when his blood alcohol content was nearly double the legal limit, which could have been charged as a felony (but he caught a break). He was STILL sentenced to jail time.

Guidry was arrested in 1990, 2003, and 2011. Guidry's third arrest did not involve an accident, and his BAC was 150% of the legal limit. So, again, this is not MY PERSONAL TAKE, but one can easily see why the vetting of Guidry and the vetting of Williams MIGHT COME TO DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS. Some of that could involve perception (jail time). Some of that analysis might also involve a longer period of demonstrated sobriety (12 years compared to 7 years). I'm not judging that, I'm simply observing that.

As for your RIDICULOUS nonsense and LAUGHABLE definition of the word "participate", I can't even begin to address your inherent falseness. You cannot possibly argue that the only participant of a crime is the one who initiates the crime. Bottom line (and try to wrap your tiny brain around the fact that I am making an ANALOGY here) is that if you receive stolen goods, you are participating in a crime, even if you did not actually steal the goods. That is not to say that Wakey Leaks was a crime (again, wrap your tiny brain around that), only to say that it IS an act of cheating to either leak the playbook OR accept the leak of the playbook and then instruct your players accordingly.

In fact, it is arguably the BIGGER act of cheating to accept the playbook AND THEN TEACH ALL YOUR PLAYERS HOW TO RECOGNIZE ALL THE WAKE FOREST PLAYS, since the leak would have had no impact at all if Galloway had just thrown the Wake playbook in the trash. Instead, a dozen or more players were ensnared in a despicable act of cheating because of a coach's decision. But, ****, Petrino was the Louisville head coach, so nothing shocking there.

Thank you for confirming that you think it is OK for a coach to participate in a blatant act of cheating, you know, because he didn't actually INITIATE the chain of events.

They should’ve known better, the guy wasn’t getting play caller so he never got out of the blocks

I'm honestly surprised Coley wouldn't jump ship from A&M. His guy, Jimbo, just had an OC forced on him. That oil money is endless, and, If they have another season like last, Jimbo and Co could get axed.

Random question for those that might know: are OC’s generally open to position coaches suggesting certain plays that were guaranteed money plays at their previous stops? Like if Hank has a couple 49er plays that were money, would dawson implement?
If he comes in as PASSING GAME COORDINATOR / WR / Co OC ... he will definitely be playing a role in game planning along with the OC and recommending plays / routes. Part of his job.

Advertisement
I'm honestly surprised Coley wouldn't jump ship from A&M. His guy, Jimbo, just had an OC forced on him. That oil money is endless, and, If they have another season like last, Jimbo and Co could get axed.
Where would Coley "jump ship" to? No OC role for him at UM. Doubtful he would be considered for WR coach as guys like Hank have more credibility and developmental skills. His only role might have been as an analyst.

Coley has been riding Jimbo's coattails for nearly a decade now. Guy has been his meal ticket.

Advertisement

Good post. Keen observations and solid conclusions drawn from them.

You are a dopey porster.

I never said that Guidry was "less culpable", you are a disgusting liar. Williams was arrested in 2004, 2009, and 2016. Williams' third arrest involved him hitting an Uber from behind when his blood alcohol content was nearly double the legal limit, which could have been charged as a felony (but he caught a break). He was STILL sentenced to jail time.

Guidry was arrested in 1990, 2003, and 2011. Guidry's third arrest did not involve an accident, and his BAC was 150% of the legal limit. So, again, this is not MY PERSONAL TAKE, but one can easily see why the vetting of Guidry and the vetting of Williams MIGHT COME TO DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS. Some of that could involve perception (jail time). Some of that analysis might also involve a longer period of demonstrated sobriety (12 years compared to 7 years). I'm not judging that, I'm simply observing that.

As for your RIDICULOUS nonsense and LAUGHABLE definition of the word "participate", I can't even begin to address your inherent falseness. You cannot possibly argue that the only participant of a crime is the one who initiates the crime. Bottom line (and try to wrap your tiny brain around the fact that I am making an ANALOGY here) is that if you receive stolen goods, you are participating in a crime, even if you did not actually steal the goods. That is not to say that Wakey Leaks was a crime (again, wrap your tiny brain around that), only to say that it IS an act of cheating to either leak the playbook OR accept the leak of the playbook and then instruct your players accordingly.

In fact, it is arguably the BIGGER act of cheating to accept the playbook AND THEN TEACH ALL YOUR PLAYERS HOW TO RECOGNIZE ALL THE WAKE FOREST PLAYS, since the leak would have had no impact at all if Galloway had just thrown the Wake playbook in the trash. Instead, a dozen or more players were ensnared in a despicable act of cheating because of a coach's decision. But, ****, Petrino was the Louisville head coach, so nothing shocking there.

Thank you for confirming that you think it is OK for a coach to participate in a blatant act of cheating, you know, because he didn't actually INITIATE the chain of events.

You big mad huh?

whatever tho, we ain’t gonna agree and I sure as **** ain’t reading let alone responding to all that.

Last edited:
You are a dopey porster.

Brother. Post less.

I don’t mean less posts. I mean shorten that **** up. Between your porsts and the ads it takes me a whole dump to scan one page.

Advertisement
Back