WR Alexis hearing from Likens, has UM high in his mind

Advertisement
This is type of kid you fight til end. I do like that we have a board and have other guys lined up and dont have eggs in one basket but kid has a skill you cant teach. Elite SPEED. When you run spread you need that game breaking speed. Kid has it in spades. We are miami, we should have one of fastest teams in nation. Still hope we can get this kid because of that unique trait that will keep DC up at night trying to game plan while opening up other weapons but its great we have other players who are also very talented on board.

Respectfully, he's not that type of kid because he plays a position that's incredibly watered down from a talent standpoint in South Florida. Nothing against him as a person, athlete, student, etc. But we're gonna be just fine at WR

And Likens has been very open about the fact that he prioritizes shuttle times over 100M/40yd dash times. Getting open is not about how fast you can run in a straight line

So you guys are telling me. That you’re ok with a talent like Alexis just leaving. Now we all were enamored with Leary’s speed and explosion. Alexis isn’t too far behind at 10.75. He also ran down Knighton. I’m tired of seeing all that speed that should be at the U. Being showcased in the SEC, B12, B10 and all the other BULL**** places. Keep the talent home and stack chips. We used to be the fastest team on the field. Now you guys are just conceding players. Nah, **** nah. If he wants to be a CANE? We take that commitment.
I'd take Alexis over B. Smith and Yul if I could only have one of the 3. I think that kid is severely underrated and the fact that he hasn't committed to Texas yet means that we still have a shot hopefully.

If we are recruiting well, we will never have a top 3 RANKED class again. Too many kids in SFL get overlooked for $ and politics when it comes to the rankings. Give me a high 3-star SFL dog over a low to mid 4-star from anywhere else and I'll show you a team with a bunch of leaders with chips on their shoulders. Let's just do U.

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 3.34.00 PM.png

Advertisement
Likely saw a better opportunity at Texas. Their current ATH commits all lean more towards the defensive side of the ball, he has a chance to step in and be the premier wideout from this class. In our case we already have Brinson, George, and Smith alone this class that are all playmakers. Add in guys from the 20' class like Restrepo, Redding, and Worsham and the path to playing time looks a bit unclear.

Advertisement
Looks like you're the one who just brought him up after this thread was dormant for almost a month.
And you bumped this thread to the top! Teamwork! He's brought up a lot in recruiting threads about kids we could add. Like, even today:

This was just the one that my lazy *** saw first when I searched by thread title. So, whatever. A kid we've discussed exhaustively, and continuously, and recently in many posts, was just CB'd to Texas by their mods. I was interested, maybe other are too. Maybe you aren't but maybe you will dedicate part of your day to the topic anyway!

Last edited:
A kid we've discussed exhaustively, and continuously, and recently in many posts, was just CB'd to Texas by their mods.
I wonder if there is a correlation between Alexis getting a firmer crystal ball to UT and the Amari Daniels tweet? Were Alexis, Daniels and Yul all offered the same spot in a priority order?

Have to admit, this one hurts (if the additional CB is accurate).

Likely saw a better opportunity at Texas. Their current ATH commits all lean more towards the defensive side of the ball, he has a chance to step in and be the premier wideout from this class. In our case we already have Brinson, George, and Smith alone this class that are all playmakers. Add in guys from the 20' class like Restrepo, Redding, and Worsham and the path to playing time looks a bit unclear.
Don’t forget the speedster from Cali.

Advertisement
Don’t forget the speedster from Cali.
Intentionally left him out because I thought he was built to play more outside than a guy like Alexis, but I went against my own logic there by including Brinson. Brinson and Washington are more vertical guys, I don't think either would really counter Alexis' role.

I’m definitively going to take a stance & act like I know the situation but I don’t.. Kid will never make it at Texas. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back