WOW Top WR View on Kaaya and Miami

I'm an insider and I talked with several top recruits. I'll post the conversations here as soon as I finish making them up.

Advertisement
Some background: Reconnected with a cat that now living in Tampa. Stopped by to holla at him at a fish fry he was doing yesterday for family and friends. His sister in law and her son were there and my bud introduced me. Later on he, I and the young man were chopping it up when my bud mentioned the kid committed to play WR for top in-state university. Won't say because I don't want to put the kid out there like that. But,

Told him I was a Big Canes fan and asked him how he feels about the U? Summary:

1. "Miami cool but they gotta do something before guys go there over all the other better teams".
2. "Everybody know it's more popping off in Miami, but players want to win and they ain't feeling that at Miami"
3. "Kaaya act like a punk. Play scared and fold up too easy. Nobody ain't gone follow him"
4. "Need a QB with some dogg. I didn't want to go to USF, but their QB out there trying to get it. I'd go play with him before Kaaya"
5. Said he met N'Kosi at a camp and said "he nice". "He the kind of QB that can get guys excited because he can ball out". "Run and throw"
6. Also said that, "ain't no state team got a dime at QB, but FSU QB is the best because he tough and don't ever give up"
7. Do you think Miami can come back? "They can because a lot of people would like to be in Miami. But they gotta beat some real teams to show they coming up. If that QB (N'Kosi) go down there and ball out. You wanna play with a QB that can make plays and ain't scared and don't turn the ball over"

He was level headed kid and didn't really have a bad opinion about any school. Said he going "where he feels comfortable at, that's all to it. He liked them since back in the day and since they wanted him bad, "I went ahead and said that's where I'm going"

told u what two recruits told me last week. same feelings about kaaya.

Good, Kaaya won't be there next year when all these players come in.

Some background: Reconnected with a cat that now living in Tampa. Stopped by to holla at him at a fish fry he was doing yesterday for family and friends. His sister in law and her son were there and my bud introduced me. Later on he, I and the young man were chopping it up when my bud mentioned the kid committed to play WR for top in-state university. Won't say because I don't want to put the kid out there like that. But,

Told him I was a Big Canes fan and asked him how he feels about the U? Summary:

1. "Miami cool but they gotta do something before guys go there over all the other better teams".
2. "Everybody know it's more popping off in Miami, but players want to win and they ain't feeling that at Miami"
3. "Kaaya act like a punk. Play scared and fold up too easy. Nobody ain't gone follow him"
4. "Need a QB with some dogg. I didn't want to go to USF, but their QB out there trying to get it. I'd go play with him before Kaaya"
5. Said he met N'Kosi at a camp and said "he nice". "He the kind of QB that can get guys excited because he can ball out". "Run and throw"
6. Also said that, "ain't no state team got a dime at QB, but FSU QB is the best because he tough and don't ever give up"
7. Do you think Miami can come back? "They can because a lot of people would like to be in Miami. But they gotta beat some real teams to show they coming up. If that QB (N'Kosi) go down there and ball out. You wanna play with a QB that can make plays and ain't scared and don't turn the ball over"

He was level headed kid and didn't really have a bad opinion about any school. Said he going "where he feels comfortable at, that's all to it. He liked them since back in the day and since they wanted him bad, "I went ahead and said that's where I'm going"

To be honest, I don't give a **** what a WR thinks about a QB that won't be here when he comes in next year. If this Oline gets fixed WR will be the least of our problems. We haven't had a problem recruiting WRs. We've had problems recruiting top Oline.

I did actually say this stuff about Brad after the FAU game when he was visibly shook by a terrible defense. The reason no one was really complaining about his flaws was two fold. One the defense and he we terrible and two he was young. Now he's a bit older and the expectations are much higher. He has not risen to the expectations. He still has those freshman like drives where he shows no feel for the game. I also think drops are an issue. He's a confidence and rhythm guy and when those early drops happen it negatively effects him. Obviously if effects the game and team but he starts to press and he personally gets worse. Then it takes a couple drives for him to put it back together. Hopefully he gets it together we need him to that's for sure. Because I think he comes back for his senior year

[]_[] swag;2690274 said:
If "winning cures all," losing brings out narratives and agendas. I hope that's a real opinion from a recruit, because it means their perspectives are basically a run down of Barry Jackson "buzz" articles and can change from moment to moment.

How does this sound like a buzz article? This is exactly what I'd be thinking if I'm an in state receiver. Compare the QB play from the teams your looking at. The not winning isn't a week to week thing. We've sucked for a while now, kids don't wanna play for a loser.

It sounds like a bunch message board chatter, which is what the buzz articles essentially are already. And, it fits with narratives and agendas. Yes, we suck and have sucked for a while. Yes, Kaaya looks like horse****. Yes, that stops recruits from coming. I think most are aware of that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL...so an incoming Frosh that would play, if at all, with an outgoing Senior QB is being critical to play with? Yet, he talks about Perry positively knowing good and well that the majority of his collegiate career would be playing with Perry or someone other than Kaaya...hahahaha! Okay, I bet this cat doesn't even have an offer or good enough to play for UM.

How come we didn't say all those bad things about Kayaa last year and the year before? Did he just suddenly turn into a soft clueless entitled QB?

bc this board is the hype train for the Brad Kaaya "is a top 3 draft pick best QB in CFB" hype. lol Brad Kaaya has always been soft, last year he was soft and terrible, this year it's just more of the same. Ppl try to give players a chance when they show potential. But soon as it's clear that its nothing more than potential the critics have every right to speak on it.

Advertisement
Brad is soft as charmin.. seriously you can look in his eyes. He's learning how to be a man

Where were all these theories about Kaaya having a QB coach in HS hurting him before this 4 game losing streak? Never heard anything but good things about him working with Rudy Carpenter prior to this losing streak.

His flaws as a QB weren't exposed until he started playing defenses with better athletes. Even FAU's defense made him sh*t his pants, and we had to run the clock out in the second half.

His flaws have been apparent from day one, but most don't know WTF they're watching. There was hope he could improve upon things, but when myself and a few others would bring his flaws up, in came a wave of people defending him tooth and nail. Now, three years in, even the blind can see it.

If the story is true, I have no reason to believe it isn't, why would anyone be surprised by it? Most recruits know more about the game than 90 percent of the board and when they're making a decision that will affect the rest of their lives, they'll look hard.

Last thing, it's funny that people are questioning the way this person talks. I've said it before, the interviews from anyone who writes recruiting articles is more their interpretation since there's very few recruits who speak proper English.

Brad is soft as charmin.. seriously you can look in his eyes. He's learning how to be a man

Even if this were considered a fact, there's nothing wrong with him learning to be a man. That's what college is generally for and even a few years past college. There's nothing wrong with it either, but football isn't a place for patience....asking youngins to grow up fast or move out of the way for someone who can.

Advertisement
How come we didn't say all those bad things about Kayaa last year and the year before? Did he just suddenly turn into a soft clueless entitled QB?

Some of us did....cough cough

The soft QB thing regarding California and private schools they come from is new this season though. That much I'll give ya. For the record, I don't put stock in that as good QB's come from all over.

Don't know how people believe some of this ****.. I swear. I won't believe it until nycane talks to that guy close to the program to see if it's legit.

Sounds exactly how these kids talk to me. "GOT that dog in him" this. "Young bull" that.

Listen to the chillren. We may not like it, but If heard quite a few kids say Brad was soft. It may be perception more than reality, but that's what plenty of em feel about the kid.

Good post.

i had a kid tell me "that boy cant even make a 2nd read."

But they can? Lol these lil dumb *** dudes talk **** in high school and half of them wont do **** and some will be considered soft once they step on campus.

Got it - so it's not for them to talk ****, but it is ok for the people on this board - 99% who have not done **** on the field - to do so.

Advertisement
Sounds exactly how these kids talk to me. "GOT that dog in him" this. "Young bull" that.

Listen to the chillren. We may not like it, but If heard quite a few kids say Brad was soft. It may be perception more than reality, but that's what plenty of em feel about the kid.

Good post.

i had a kid tell me "that boy cant even make a 2nd read."

But they can? Lol these lil dumb *** dudes talk **** in high school and half of them wont do **** and some will be considered soft once they step on campus.

Got it - so it's not for them to talk ****, but it is ok for the people on this board - 99% who have not done **** on the field - to do so.

Well.....we are on a message board to talk ****....lol

Makes a lot of sense, Brad is from SoCal from a well off family and has a private QB coach his whole life. The knock on those types that have been popping up a lot lately is that they are soft and fold when things get tough. Not saying those kids cant succeed but those aren't the types kids from the inner city in Miami rallying behind either.

Yeah, the U needs more tough, inner city QBs like Ken Dorsey and Gino Toretta. We all know if Bernie Kosar wasn't slinging footballs for the 'Canes, he'd have been slinging rocks on these streets.

Steve Walsh from the bad lands of Minnesota couldn't rally the troops either. Ryan Collins, on the other hand, killed it here.

I literally grew up next to Collins on the mean streets of....

Pembroke Pines (The old rich part).

Old rich? where's that exactly? The oldest parts of pines are just west of university and it's not necessarily "rich".

Advertisement
Back