WOW Top WR View on Kaaya and Miami

Advertisement
Interesting to see that some people think that speaking the English language is a measure of intelligence. English is relatively new, is a composite of many more ancient languages and is constantly changing mostly due to the adaption and inclusion of slang into the lexicon.

Furthermore, "it is important to understand that English is not a phonetic language. So we often do not say a word the same way it is spelled."
Some words can have the same spelling but different pronunciation, some words have different spelling but the same pronunciation, for example: I can read and have read the red book.

To illustrate this point, we say that the spelling "ough" can be pronounced with seven different sounds.
though (like o in go)
through (like oo in too)
cough (like off in offer)
rough (like uff in suffer)
plough (like ow in flower)
ought (like aw in saw)
borough (like a in above)

Anyway you look at it this is just silly, confusing and inefficient. All languages are spoken first and written second. Some languages are "phonetic". That means you can look at a written word and know how to pronounce it. Or you can hear a word and know how to spell it. With phonetic languages, there is a direct relationship between the spelling and the sound.

When I see the actions of a player like Lamar Jackson. I'm in awe of the sheer number of calculations that must be processing in his mind. To know where everyone on the field was, is and will be while intentionally executing with skill and precision to dominate the opposition. The vision, the anticipation, the numerous changes in velocity and trajectory are not just talent or physicality. That is intelligence to me.

Interesting to see that some people think that speaking the English language is a measure of intelligence. English is relatively new, is a composite of many more ancient languages and is constantly changing mostly due to the adaption and inclusion of slang into the lexicon.

Furthermore, "it is important to understand that English is not a phonetic language. So we often do not say a word the same way it is spelled."
Some words can have the same spelling but different pronunciation, some words have different spelling but the same pronunciation, for example: I can read and have read the red book.

To illustrate this point, we say that the spelling "ough" can be pronounced with seven different sounds.
though (like o in go)
through (like oo in too)
ought (like aw in saw)

Anyway you look at it this is just silly, confusing and inefficient. All languages are spoken first and written second. Some languages are "phonetic". That means you can look at a written word and know how to pronounce it. Or you can hear a word and know how to spell it. With phonetic languages, there is a direct relationship between the spelling and the sound.

When I see the actions of a player like Lamar Jackson. I'm in awe of the sheer number of calculations that must be processing in his mind. To know where everyone on the field was, is and will be while intentionally executing with skill and precision to dominate the opposition. The vision, the anticipation, the numerous changes in velocity and trajectory are not just talent or physicality. That is intelligence to me.

And I got an infraction for "derailing the thread" for my post about Butch Davis being the only guy that can out recruit the SEC bagmen.

ffs

Watch. I bet I get an infraction for this post too.

If I had a dollar for every time a recruit (in any sport) hated on Miami because he didn't get an offer. That will never change.

Advertisement
People that give out internet infractions:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/foofyter2/Gifs/spikoli-****.gif

Does Brad Kayaa look like a deer in the headlights at times, absolutely. Would everyone on this board look the same with our OL and, getting the crap knocked out of them all year, absolutely. I have never seen more missed assignments from an OL than this one. It truly looks like they don't know what they're doing. I give Searles one more season but, currently the OL is getting blown up on 1/3rd of the time. When they do their job Kayaa has made plays most of the time.

Makes a lot of sense, Brad is from SoCal from a well off family and has a private QB coach his whole life. The knock on those types that have been popping up a lot lately is that they are soft and fold when things get tough. Not saying those kids cant succeed but those aren't the types kids from the inner city in Miami rallying behind either.

Yeah, the U needs more tough, inner city QBs like Ken Dorsey and Gino Toretta. We all know if Bernie Kosar wasn't slinging footballs for the 'Canes, he'd have been slinging rocks on these streets.

Steve Walsh from the bad lands of Minnesota couldn't rally the troops either. Ryan Collins, on the other hand, killed it here.

I literally grew up next to Collins on the mean streets of....

Pembroke Pines (The old rich part).

Old rich? where's that exactly? The oldest parts of pines are just west of university and it's not necessarily "rich".

That's where I lived as a kid. We were definitely not rich. The oldest parts of pines go east of university though. Just west of the Turnpike off Hollywood/Pines blvd. Near Mc Arthur high school.

Advertisement
Kaaya seems soft to me. At first i put it all on Golden but he's lacking something. He's gun shy at this point.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
USF's skill player's speed blow Miami's out of the water. Would be an upgrade to have their QB, RB's & WRs.

Anybody want to make up an interview with some of the img kids? I'd read and believe whatever you say.

Please keep the recruits names and quotes anonymous as I enjoy the guessing game

Advertisement

though (like o in go)
through (like oo in too)
ought (like aw in saw)

I think the majority of posters on this board understand the English language and know how to speak properly and didn't need your explanation/lesson. Hopefully after a couple of years of college this player will learn how to speak proper English; otherwise, after football he would have a hard time finding a decent job.

Advertisement
Back