Wow! Tens years to the day....

Advertisement
I don't mean to take away from Ed's greatness, but he gets way too much credit for what was actually a pretty stupid play. We were up and they needed a TD to win it. They had no timeouts left. If Walters just goes down, we come out, take a knee, game over. Reed did not need to take that ball away and try to score.

Advertisement
I will never forget that play. I was sitting at the end zone with BC marching towards us and when that unfolded we all about rushed the field. It is in my top 2 UM memories along with the Berlin led comeback at the OB against the turds...

About **** a brick watching this game and the VT game from that year. Two very close calls.

I don't mean to take away from Ed's greatness, but he gets way too much credit for what was actually a pretty stupid play. We were up and they needed a TD to win it. They had no timeouts left. If Walters just goes down, we come out, take a knee, game over. Reed did not need to take that ball away and try to score.

Margin of victory was important back then and Reed knew it.

Balla.

Advertisement
Wow, it has been 10 years: I remember watching it my senior year at BGSU: I ran out of my apartment like a mad man.

Advertisement

If he didn't do that we wouldn't be here 10 years later putting the GOAT stamp on it..
:quag:

Coker/Shannon-ized!

That is what has been missing from this program for so long. Someone who doesn't take a knee just to win a game, rather someone who is willing to take it to the house and not only ice the game, but break the spirits of BC and their fans. That is Swag at its finest. Enough of this take a knee and be conservative. I hope our boys Swag-Out this weekend.

Advertisement
Technically, it was a stupid play, but it was that kind of attitude that makes him who he is. We'd barely remember the play if Walters had just fallen down. Blame Walters for not falling down after the INT. He wasn't going to run it all the way back.

Coker/Shannon-ized!

That is what has been missing from this program for so long. Someone who doesn't take a knee just to win a game, rather someone who is willing to take it to the house and not only ice the game, but break the spirits of BC and their fans. That is Swag at its finest. Enough of this take a knee and be conservative. I hope our boys Swag-Out this weekend.

Stop it.

i was there...working the game for ABC (helping out with the first down marker on tv from the pressbox). unbelievable moment.

cant believe its been 10 years. kind of feels like so much more given all the **** UM's been through.

Advertisement
Back