Would've win big had Morris not Jacory'd tonight

5Ringz

Thunderdome
Lesbihonest...Weown in spite of Morris. 3 red zone ints is at least 9 points with 3 field goals. Then the 15 yard sack he took instead of throwing it away was at least another 3

That's at minimum 12 points right there. Not to mention the drives we did score field goals on where he could hit the ocean with a rock let alone Hurns open in the corner.

This game shouldn't have been close

But we won. Ugly game.

Advertisement
Your right on... Hopefully, he got it out of his system for the year!

All we need is Mistake FREE football...

Yes. But also if Coley would have just run it down UNC's throat the whole game. We were getting over 5 yards a run. Why the need to do anything else?

If this s the game were he looks horrible and like a bright eyed freshman I'm just glad we won it and hopefully move forward with at least above average game manager senior QB play which is almost all we need

Advertisement
This wasn't a fluke. This, sadly, was normal (last year: KSU, ND, FSU, UNC). He plays awful as much as he plays well.

VT is gameplanning to make Morris the 3rd down INT king, I guarantee.

I noticed something.. I don't know if his left ankle is still bugging him or not but too many of his throws were off the back foot. Just poor footwork tonight. He'll bounce back though

Advertisement
Lesbihonest...Weown in spite of Morris. 3 red zone ints is at least 9 points with 3 field goals. Then the 15 yard sack he took instead of throwing it away was at least another 3

That's at minimum 12 points right there. Not to mention the drives we did score field goals on where he could hit the ocean with a rock let alone Hurns open in the corner.

But we won. Ugly game.

403.gif

But we won. Ugly game.

403.gif

Expect the same level of play against FSU and VT. We should gameplan on it.

I noticed something.. I don't know if his left ankle is still bugging him or not but too many of his throws were off the back foot. Just poor footwork tonight. He'll bounce back though

Without a doubt, he is throwing off his back foot, he also seems to have happy feet at times.

Advertisement
This wasn't a fluke. This, sadly, was normal (last year: KSU, ND, FSU, UNC). He plays awful as much as he plays well.

VT is gameplanning to make Morris the 3rd down INT king, I guarantee.

That's nothing new for VT. Win 1 and 2 down, and third down takes care of itself with a containment play...

Yes. But also if Coley would have just run it down UNC's throat the whole game. We were getting over 5 yards a run. Why the need to do anything else?

He tried to punch it in on the first couple drives and our OL got no push. There were defenders in the backfield before Duke even received the ball.

Everyone talks about how beautiful Morris' long ball is that i think it gets to his head. Dude tries to hit a home run on every throw. As bad as he was last night, when he finally settled down and made intermediate throws, he looked solid. Without Dorsett, I'm not sure I want him throwing the deep ball 5 times a game.

Also, he seems to forget that he has a bum ankle and thinks he can get out of bad positions with his feet. Until his ankle is 100%, he needs to simply stay in the pocket and throw the ball away when he feels pressure.

Advertisement
How many Mulligan's does this guy get?

Being that he is 6-0 and the team supports him, i think he'll get a few more mulligans. Lets be honest with ourselves, Williams is not elite either. He may be a better choice for the easier games since we just need a game manager in those instances, but we have zero chance against a team like FSU with Williams under center. Morris is a bigger risk/reward guy and we need him to ball out if we have any chance against top 10 teams.

Advertisement
Back