Which option would you choose?

• Win the ACC regular season

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Win the ACC Tournament

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Make the Elite 8 and lose.

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
Elite 8 banner carries more weight than any conference title.

Would anyone be happy if Miami swept the ACC crowns and got bounced in the opening weekend of the big dance?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Winning ACC any ring and getting bounced earlier in NCAAT will leave a sour taste. Everyone pays attention when youre in the elite 8.

There's a school of thought that has existed for years that winning a Conference Tournament takes too much out of a team as they move into the NCAAT. That maybe you're better off losing in a classic semifinal game, and saving your energy and focus for what's to come. Even if it costs you in terms of a higher seed.

Whenever Duke or UNC won the ACCT, then, say, lost in the second round of the NCAAT, they'd often use this as an excuse.

True, true, but we do have a double bye, the ACC Final is on Saturday, not Sunday thank god, and it's a coin flip whether you play the following Thurs or even Friday. So you might not play for another six days.

Not saying it won't take a bit of a toll, just that the circumstances could be worse (no bye or only one bye, Sunday final) and would be worse for many programs.

Winning ACC any ring and getting bounced earlier in NCAAT will leave a sour taste. Everyone pays attention when youre in the elite 8.
This day and age NCAA tourney results are all people pay attention to. A final four after an elite 8 last year changes perception for Miami especially in NIL era!

True, true, but we do have a double bye, the ACC Final is on Saturday, not Sunday thank god, and it's a coin flip whether you play the following Thurs or even Friday. So you might not play for another six days.

Not saying it won't take a bit of a toll, just that the circumstances could be worse (no bye or only one bye, Sunday final) and would be worse for many programs.
Yep. The double bye is a great point. I wasn't advocating for that theory. Wanna win it all. Winning both the ACC Reg Season and the ACCT is a rare feat. To do it a second time under Coach L would be nice!

Advertisement
We are +1000 on DK to make the final 4… right there with Xavier, Kentucky and Duke. Odds makers don’t like us. Metrics don’t like us. What am I missing?
That’s a huge jump, from 50-1 to 10-1 in just a few days then. And I just checked MGM, still at +5000
A lot more value there then Draftkings fyi

That’s a huge jump, from 50-1 to 10-1 in just a few days then. And I just checked MGM, still at +5000
A lot more value there then Draftkings fyi
I got them at +1600 last week. I wish I had them +5000. Vegas really does hate us either way lol

Attachments

• 9925BD08-3789-4028-B5D4-FFE2E48E8133.jpeg
    9925BD08-3789-4028-B5D4-FFE2E48E8133.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Advertisement
My thought process is that year from now no one but our fans will remember making it to the elite 8 or sweet 16.

But everyone will remember who won the conference because they will be reminded of it every year.

Advertisement
Back