Would you be ok with these changes?

Tyler

Freshman
I can't help but think this pressure is going to force Richt's hand to make some changes. Emotions aside, would you all be ok with bringing in a new OC, QB coach, o-line coach, and st coach?

Or is there no winning solution outside firing Richt (not happening)?

Advertisement
I can't help but think this pressure is going to force Richt's hand to make some changes. Emotions aside, would you all be ok with bringing in a new OC, QB coach, o-line coach, and st coach?

Or is there no winning solution outside firing Richt (not happening)?
The first statement answered your question

Advertisement
That would be a good start. The ultimate problem is Rick though. Replacing corches will buy Rick another year or so, but the reality is that we need to flush the toilet and start over with a new HC.

Firing Richt would be the right move but that’s not going to happen since they just gave him an extension and because of his contribution to the IPF. Since he’s not going anywhere, the next best option would be to bring in a real OC and let him run the offense. That’s probably not going to happen either given the fact that Richt took this job so that he could call plays and give his son a job. So basically we are ****ed.

Advertisement
Bring in an OC revamp the offense totally.. new oline coach as well . Reassign jon richt to usher at home games

The first statement answered your question
Not really, I mean we live in an adverserial reality. I expect to some degree it's indicative of Richt’s reluctance to change, but I don't even think he believes at this point that the current staff is capable of anything greater than last night.

OP, serious questions.

1. What do you think are realistic goals from a competent HC?

2. Why do you think that Richt will suddenly be able to raise his ceiling or out perform his prior tenure at UGA?

3. How many P5 HCs, with such a large sample of coaching experience, able to out perform their prior tenures?

4. Can you name one other then Mack Brown?

Advertisement
Even if Richt relinquishes OC duties it's still him and Flake who'd be the ones in charge of hiring the new OC. Unless you're going to completely ignore past results and have your head in the clouds, you know there's no hope. And besides, what highly desired OC with offers from multiple programs around the nation is going to choose to be completely handcuffed by our Xanax'd out baby boomer of a coach?

Richt needs to leave for any hope at success.

for next season I would force him to bring in a OC and give that OC the freedom to hire his own staff on offense if he refuses he can gtfo

Advertisement
OP, serious questions.

1. What do you think are realistic goals from a competent HC?

2. Why do you think that Richt will suddenly be able to raise his ceiling or out perform his prior tenure at UGA?

3. How many P5 HCs, with such a large sample of coaching experience, able to out perform their prior tenures?

4. Can you name one other then Mack Brown?
Not sure why you're trying to bait me. If we lived in a perfect world, Richt would be fired. But that's not happening.

He's shown no signs he can raise his ceiling. The hope - if firing him isn't an option - is he'll make the right changes offensively, and Florida athletes are what raise his ceiling from his tenure at UGA.

The board is highly irrational atm. We know he's not going anywhere. So I'm curious to see where everybody stands with a probable hypothetical.

Advertisement
Back