Would Manny get fired at 3-9?

Please God just make this ****** nightmare end...

What did we do to deserve this???

Boston had The Curse of the Bambino. Miami has the Curse of the Orange Bowl. It only took 100 years for Boston to break the curse. So we just have to wait until 2105. Miami will be back. BACK TO THE FUTURE

Advertisement
Boston had The Curse of the Bambino. Miami has the Curse of the Orange Bowl. It only took 100 years for Boston to break the curse. So we just have to wait until 2105. Miami will be back. BACK TO THE FUTURE
giphy.gif

I truly believe Dolphins Stadium is cursed...Dolphins franchise went to shìt when they left the OB. Hurricanes started to decline before leaving but has gotten throttled ever since it's been official.

Doesn't matter if Diaz is fired until this university does the right thing by thoroughly searching out a good coach and anteing up money for one and for the assistants.nothing will ever change every hire they make will have same result as the last several have had.first thing that needs to happen is get a coach who will get rid of the prima donnas the entitled players.

Exactly, was just thinking about that. The Old Lady hasnt taken kindly to being torn down.

Advertisement
what needs to be done eventually needs to be done immediately
My father told me that a long time ago. If you ever feel like you're going to need to eventually fire someone, just go ahead and do it. Get started going in a new direction immediately because at best you'll only slide sideways until you do.
I'm not sure what the manny slurpers are looking at, this team has not gotten any better from last year and I think they've even regressed during this season. People want to bang on the players but I'll not judge them until I see them with competent coaching. There's no ******* way anyone can watch this team and think this is competent coaching. Blake J can go also, how many bad coaches does he get to hire before people realize he's not getting it done either.

I truly believe Dolphins Stadium is cursed...Dolphins franchise went to shìt when they left the OB. Hurricanes started to decline before leaving but has gotten throttled ever since it's been official.

Notre Dame feels differently.

Now....Notre Dame is probably the only team that feels differently. But if it had to be one team, at least it's Notre Dame.

no way he gets canned in his first year. And probably shouldn't. Too much precedent with decent past coaches and lackluster first year records. He should be on the clock though. You also have to send a message to prospective future coaches or else who in the **** would want come in and work for an admin. that doesn't at least give you some time to turn things around? You just need to be smarter with negotiating contracts with incentives and reasonable buy-outs, not just throwing the wallet at people unless they have a proven track record.

Advertisement
no way he gets canned in his first year. And probably shouldn't. Too much precedent with decent past coaches and lackluster first year records. He should be on the clock though. You also have to send a message to prospective future coaches or else who in the **** would want come in and work for an admin. that doesn't at least give you some time to turn things around? You just need to be smarter with negotiating contracts with incentives and reasonable buy-outs, not just throwing the wallet at people unless they have a proven track record.
I think a lot of prospective HCs understand Manny is in over his head and that Miami's admin made a giant mistake. Certainly this Athletic Dept. they wouldnt want to work for, but if new blood comes in, they could sell it.

It's called normal distribution. I realize that's not exactly a strength around here. That's how you had so many geniuses proclaiming 10-2 or 11-1.

I can almost guarantee some of the 10-2 types have now switched to 3-9.

That is SAM caliber of thought.

Manny is not getting fired for losing a string of close games. That is preposterous. Golden was gone after 58-0. Nothing at all would change for Manny unless it included some type of major scandal that was embarrassing to the university. That's how the USC water polo coach was ousted last spring despite numerous national championships.
Don't over think it. It's not unreasonable to look at Miami's schedule before the season and realize they play a ton of really bad teams. It's also not unreasonable to think that with maybe some uptick in offensive coaching coupled with a good defense Miami's schedule was set up for a 10-2 type season. Miami did lose a string of close games but those were to BAD teams.. including a loss at home to a terrible GT team that is in a real rebuild. There's been no uptick in offense, everyone can see the issues with the play calling. The defense has seriously regressed. And now people like me who thought we could go 10-2 with a laughable schedule are thinking, holy ****, we're the bad team on everyone else's schedule. This team is terrible, and you're kidding yourself if you think 3-9 isn't a real possibility with what we've been watching lately.

Advertisement
Back