Would Butch accept <3 mil a year?

Dash

Band
Banned
B/C if that is the case........it changes everything.

A poster somewhere wrote about Bubby Bowden......in the 1993 he won his first title....at age 64. Bowden's success was the result of two great skills he had: closing on the recruiting trail, and managing his coordinators. Richt and Andrews were the X's and O's cogs to that machine. Richt in particular, was a beast coach, especially with his QBs who ultimately proved to be busts after FSU.

It wasn't until Bowden got Richt in there, and thus developed two Heisman QBs, that he was able to win titles. Bobby's recruiting plus elite coordinators led to 2 titles and a decade of dominance.

If Butch really is willing to accept a smaller salary, that could possibly leave us with a million each for OC and DC. You could have your pick across the nation under those circumstances.

The reason this is important to me is b/c while I believe Butch is the single greatest recruiter in history, I have never been a fan of his X's and O's. And more importantly, I believe our next coach has to win quickly. Two of the top coordinators in the country on both sides of the ball and you can win very quickly.

You couple that with Butch's recruiting eye, and it has the chance to be special.

Advertisement
TIFWIW but i heard from a guy that i know (obviously cant reveal the source) that at this point Paul 'Butch' Davis could be had for as little as $11.35 an hour plus tips

Pair up Davis with Kevin Wilson (when IU fires him) and Jim Leavitt, and I think he can get it done. If he insists on hiring bums like John Shoop and running the **** he usually runs he's going to struggle.

Why, exactly, would Butch take a pay cut under the loser Al Golden?

I thought you guys could all read, but it's becoming increasingly doubtful. Pete I recall, indicated some dollars and high power assistants.

Or is that Alzheimer's kicking in?

Advertisement
$4 million Butch with $400K Assistants wont work. Need to upgrade the entire program.

I thought you guys could all read, but it's becoming increasingly doubtful. Pete I recall, indicated some dollars and high power assistants.

Because you see there is this thing called leverage. Not sure if you have heard of it.....it works like this:

Butch wants this job badly, and has no other interested parties. Therefore, Miami has the leverage.

The objective is to make Miami great, not pay Butch 4 million dollars and have Ken Dorsey as your OC.

Because you see there is this thing called leverage. Not sure if you have heard of it.....it works like this:

Butch wants this job badly, and has no other interested parties. Therefore, Miami has the leverage.

The objective is to make Miami great, not pay Butch 4 million dollars and have Ken Dorsey as your OC.

Exactly. At this point Davis doesn't have a job.

Exactly. At this point Davis doesn't have a job.

I doubt he has any real offers either. I think he is all or nothing for the Miami gig.

Advertisement

That is the same mindset that caused Butch to leave previously.

UM THOUGHT they had Butch over a barrel.

And UM has sucked a$$ to this day since.

You are truly a genius. Ignorant one too.

Pair up Davis with Kevin Wilson (when IU fires him) and Jim Leavitt, and I think he can get it done. If he insists on hiring bums like John Shoop and running the **** he usually runs he's going to struggle.

Can you imagine having a couple of million dollar coordinators with Butch pacing a sideline and visiting living rooms?

Butch hasn't coached in 5 years. 2.3 million is not bad in that situation. We need a million dollar D.C.. I'm not as worried offensively because we always have the horses there and I really think a guy like Dorsey was made for coaching. Three million is too much for Butch right now and he's my top pick.

That is the same mindset that caused Butch to leave previously.

UM THOUGHT they had Butch over a barrel.

And UM has sucked a$$ to this day since.

You are truly a genius. Ignorant one too.

Christ. I've remained quiet about your Butch Davis obsession but this is too much. WTF is wrong with you? Are you a Miami fan or a Butch Davis fan? You sound just like the Golden slurpers.

As a Miami fan, you should only care about one thing: how many championships BUtch brings to Miami. Why dafug do you care if he makes $200k a year or $4 mill per year????

Advertisement
Butch hasn't coached in 5 years. 2.3 million is not bad in that situation. We need a million dollar D.C.. I'm not as worried offensively because we always have the horses there and I really think a guy like Dorsey was made for coaching. Three million is too much for Butch right now and he's my top pick.

We have those horses but they're being coached by a cuban potato. It is irrelevant if there is no coaching.

I believe that is exactly what he intends to do if hired. I Butch is indeed hired, I think Leavitt is a very distinct possibility. I don't know much about what Kevin Wison is doing at IU, but I would kill for someone that runs the Briles offense. Maybe Dino Baber's OC would be interested.

Last edited:

Indiana is #32 in total offense.....you're excited by THAT ?

Advertisement
I expect butch would take a base of around 2.5 million with another million plus in incentives , which would more than pay for itself while leaving plenty for staff

At this point Butch'll take the job for a warm room and a cot somewhere in the facility, Rudy style.

Advertisement
Back