Would Butch accept <3 mil a year?

Advertisement
dorsey is a future star as OC, he was practically an OC here at miami

as long as he takes to recruiting he will be great

I doubt Money will be much of an issue for Butch -- needs to be respectful but he wants the job bad because he has something to finish. I would hope there is up to a million each for OC and DC and appropriate amounts for others. Coley and Mark are making over 500,000 so kicking that up should not be a problem. I am not worried about Butch picking his assistants. Last I check one OC and one DC ended up getting NFL HC gigs. The important thing is that I doubt Butch will be so in bed with any of them so he cannot fire them.

I bet Butch will take same salary that AG took maybe with hefty incentives. It seems to me it is not about the money for him. He has a mistake to correct and something big to prove. It has to be to make his presentation distinctively different and more appealing than nationally recognizable names (not talking about Cristobal)

Advertisement
Pair up Davis with Kevin Wilson (when IU fires him) and Jim Leavitt, and I think he can get it done. If he insists on hiring bums like John Shoop and running the **** he usually runs he's going to struggle.

Indiana is #32 in total offense.....you're excited by THAT ?

I'd be excited if you contracted a life-ending illness. In case you're too stupid, I'll point you in the right direction. Look at what Wilson did as OC at OU and look at his work at Northwestern. And, yes, his offenses at IU have been exceptional considering the talent level that he can acquire there.

Pair up Davis with Kevin Wilson (when IU fires him) and Jim Leavitt, and I think he can get it done. If he insists on hiring bums like John Shoop and running the **** he usually runs he's going to struggle.

I believe that is exactly what he intends to do if hired. I Butch is indeed hired, I think Leavitt is a very distinct possibility. I don't know much about what Kevin Wison is doing at IU, but I would kill for someone that runs the Briles offense. Maybe Dino Baber's OC would be interested.

I certainly HOPE he'd be smart enough to break away from the **** approach to offense he showed at his last stop at UNC and even here at UM. But it's all hope on my end. You say you believe that's what he intends to do. Do you have info to back that up?

Thing is Butch said he wants to bring in young talented coaches, such as Ken Dorsey.
And I think maybe only a couple other (realistically available) coaches could bring as much coaching talent here as Butch would. And thats probably Chud, Hue Jackson, or Pagano.

But to answer your question Butch would probably be cheaper than most of the other candidates. I'd expect Butch to get around $3M/yr with quite a bit of incentives. I wouldn't mind giving a coach a $1M bonus every year they win one of the former BCS bowl games, or CFP game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back