Would Appreciate an Opinion on a Recruit

Advertisement
too slow

just kidding. looks like a whiter, slighter, quicker, faster version of Noel Devine. he probably could do some damage out of the spread that you run but looks like a tweener slot WR/RB. competition looks real weak fwiw. overall a nice player but I wouldn't be creamin my pants over him

edit - big difference between him and Noel (besides the obvious) is that this kid looks real light in the lower body (*** and legs). Noel, while short, was pretty ***cin stocky and stout through the lower body. that is critical for RB IMO

dont see this kid as an everydown RB

Last edited:
Dude looks very good, could be the next Wes Welker type player! But I just can't get over how bad the defense is in WV!! They really suck up there! No wonder they do all their recruiting in the south! Lmao every bodies slow except this guy! And nobody can tackle or even try to!! Lol

For the record, I think he's an overhyped schoolboy sensation who didn't deserve a scholarship offer.

Clearly he has some speed hard to say how fast since all his highlights the tape has been sped up.

Advertisement
I went to college in WV, the first HS game I attended was a defending WV state champ vs the defending state champ from Virginia. I could not believe how slow both teams were, coming from S. Fla, I was used to seeing team speed all over the place. This dude would be an above average player down here.

Advertisement
decent little player but he would need to play receiver at the next level. Agree with the above comment about his build, not built like a running back. Assuming he can run routes and has good hands hes a low level BCS guy IMO. Like his potential returning kicks also. I wouldn't offer him at Miami.

Agree with everyone else. Not a true RB. Should be more of a slot guy that can take some hand-offs as well. Throw screens too, etc. Don't think he's a great prospect, but could be pretty productive in your system. Definitely no Devine-like type of player.

The kid is very fast... would fit in a whole lot of systems... what we don't know is if he is a Miami type of guy... does he have swag... lol... but seriously AG would have to evaluate him to see if he is a Miami type of guy!

Advertisement
The kid is very fast... would fit in a whole lot of systems... what we don't know is if he is a Miami type of guy... does he have swag... lol... but seriously AG would have to evaluate him to see if he is a Miami type of guy!

if were looking for a slot guy who can bring bring some dynamics out of the backfield we don't need to look in WV we have that dime in a dozen here in s. Florida...pass because as a poster above said he's prbly above average if he played down here...

Advertisement
So the consensus seems to be that his quickness/speed is legit, but that because of his size, he's a marginal BCS-level WR at best?

That has been my conclusion, as well, though I'm still skeptical about his quickness and speed translating to in-game situations.

His offer list is pretty impressive considering literally NO ONE in the country actively recruits where he's from outside of Marshall. Some think he might be able to swing an LSU offer with an impressive performance at their camp.

I'm still not buying it. Would he look good in Holgorsen's offense? Probably. But I think there are other recruits out there more deserving of his scholarship that would look much better.

Kid committed to UNC today.

WVU fans are in an uproar.

I think we dodged a bullet. Kid sucks. And from this thread you can tell I said it long before he committed to go out-of-state.

Advertisement
Back