Worst defensive play of the game

canefan96

Redshirt Freshman
Duke has the ball 3rd and 13, I believe we were actually ahead.
Flagg fakes a blitz up the middle and when the ball is snapped he runs straight back maybe 20-25 yards to get in his zone coverage.
That opens up the middle and Duke throws underneath and easily gets a first down. Steele just doesn’t have a feel for the game anymore, been a real tough year.

Advertisement
Flagg fakes a blitz up the middle and when the ball is snapped he runs straight back maybe 20-25 yards to get in his zone coverage.
That opens up the middle and Duke throws underneath and easily gets a first down. Steele just doesn’t have a feel for the game anymore, been a real tough year.
Lots of whiffs on tackles that should’ve been made. Also, an inability to get off the field on critical downs. No team overcomes 8 turnovers, but that defensive performance was not good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Blaming Steele and having Flagg out there is comical.

They picked up 20yds on that play!

It was confusing as **** to watch live, rewound it to see what he was actually trying to accomplish.

Advertisement
It was confusing as **** to watch live, rewound it to see what he was actually trying to accomplish.
They were playing a zone but for some reason gave up everything underneath, very confusing.
Same thing with the 4th down plays, felt like we’re playing a prevent defensive scheme.

Advertisement
Back