David Perry
Kacy Rodgers
Andrew Tallman
Delmar Taylor
Clive Walford
Travis Williams
Latwan Anderson
Seantrel Henderson

Some of the classes in the mid-90s were horrific also.

Quite a few NFL players and starters on that list. The most underrated class. I can't believe people still bash the 2010 class.

8 or 9 nfl players on there. Not their fault the coach was trash.

+100000000

There are 6 kids on that list that you'd be OK with seeing start a game against Florida State (Hurns, Walford, Seantrel, Linder, then McDermott/Feliciano - not counting Storm since he left) in a class of THIRTY signees. After that you're looking at guys like Gaines, Cleveland, and Mo Hagens. When you consider how much roster space that clogs up, you're really crushing your potential to be a good football team. The top 4 were very good college football players but classes like this do not compete for ACC Coastal championships, let alone national championships with even good coaching. I think we'll get at least 8 or 9 real players out of this class.

Don't get me wrong guys. Golden sucks balls and this class is a joke given what it should've been and what we need. I'm in no way letting him off the hook, I'm at the front of the line with pitchfork in hand. We're discussing things in relative terms.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That class would have won the coastal. That class should have won the coastal. Who had a better qb in the coastal than we had? who had a better line (Feliciano and McDermot will play in the league along with starters Linder and Henderson)? If you include the class before and ensuing pledge from Duke (which he pledged to RS in 2010); who had more debt at running back? 4 NFL backs? We had 3 tight ends on that are/will play in the NFL. That's sick talent. That was a good class that should have won the coastal. It wasn't nearly as bad as you all make. Hurns was the best wideout in the state.

That class would have won the coastal. That class should have won the coastal. Who had a better qb in the coastal than we had? who had a better line (Feliciano and McDermot will play in the league along with starters Linder and Henderson)? If you include the class before and ensuing pledge from Duke (which he pledged to RS in 2010); who had more debt at running back? 4 NFL backs? We had 3 tight ends on that are/will play in the NFL. That's sick talent. That was a good class that should have won the coastal. It wasn't nearly as bad as you all make. Hurns was the best wideout in the state.

You're talking about kids from other classes. This class had a very good OL, Walford, and Hurns. Jimmy Gaines was by FAR.... BY FAR.... the best defensive kid we signed in a class of 30 kids. Think about that for a while. You can't have that many misses when you sign 30 kids.

Yeah, with a class that size you're bound to get a handful of really good players. What you're hoping to get is that, plus a lot of good, solid players that will at least push the guys ahead of them. That wasn't the case, and like you said, it clogged up the roster with a load of non-factors. If you cut the class in half and kept the top 6-7 players, it's a solid class. Because it was so large, and filled with cannon fodder, it was a horrible class.
I'll take it over this one:
Jermaine Barton
Jeffrey Brown
Malcolm Bunche
Kelvin Cain
Eduardo Clements
Asante Cleveland
Tyrone Cornelius
Deonte Davis
Jeremy Davis
Jon Feliciano
Chase Ford
Jimmy Gaines
Tavadis glenn
Mo Hagens
Darion Hall
Allen Hurns
Storm Johnson
Brandon Linder
Shane McDermott
Stephen Morris
Kevin Nelson
Keion Payne
David Perry
Kacy Rodgers
Andrew Tallman
Delmar Taylor
Clive Walford
Travis Williams
Latwan Anderson
Seantrel Henderson

Quite a few NFL players and starters on that list. The most underrated class. I can't believe people still bash the 2010 class.

+100000000

There are 6 kids on that list that you'd be OK with seeing start a game against Florida State (Hurns, Walford, Seantrel, Linder, then McDermott/Feliciano - not counting Storm since he left) in a class of THIRTY signees. After that you're looking at guys like Gaines, Cleveland, and Mo Hagens. When you consider how much roster space that clogs up, you're really crushing your potential to be a good football team. The top 4 were very good college football players but classes like this do not compete for ACC Coastal championships, let alone national championships with even good coaching. I think we'll get at least 8 or 9 real players out of this class.

Don't get me wrong guys. Golden sucks balls and this class is a joke given what it should've been and what we need. I'm in no way letting him off the hook, I'm at the front of the line with pitchfork in hand. We're discussing things in relative terms.

Advertisement

You're talking about kids from other classes. This class had a very good OL, Walford, and Hurns. Jimmy Gaines was by FAR.... BY FAR.... the best defensive kid we signed in a class of 30 kids. Think about that for a while. You can't have that many misses when you sign 30 kids.

kacy rogers was in that dam class enough said

Jermaine Barton
Jeffrey Brown
Malcolm Bunche
Kelvin Cain
Eduardo Clements
Asante Cleveland
Tyrone Cornelius
Deonte Davis
Jeremy Davis
Jon Feliciano
Chase Ford
Jimmy Gaines
Tavadis glenn
Mo Hagens
Darion Hall
Allen Hurns
Storm Johnson
Brandon Linder
Shane McDermott
Stephen Morris
Kevin Nelson
Keion Payne
David Perry
Kacy Rodgers
Andrew Tallman
Delmar Taylor
Clive Walford
Travis Williams
Latwan Anderson
Seantrel Henderson

+100000000

The only problem with that class was the corches.

Advertisement
2004 Class anyone?

This class was coming off a championship in 01 and 3 straight BCS bowl appearances. Putrid.

Rhyan Anderson

Carlos Armour

James Bryant

Tyrone Byrd

Calais Campbell

Romeo Davis

Antonio Dixon

Kirby Freeman

Dwayne Hendricks

Cedric Hill

Andrew Johnson

Charlie Jones

Khalil Jones

Rashaun Jones

Joe Joseph

Josh Kerr

Lance Leggett

Tyler McMeans

Lavon Ponder

Anthony Reddick

Chris Rutledge

Johnathan St. Pierre

Derron Thomas

George Timmons

Bobby Washington

Willie Williams

Chris Zellner

Woooooooow what a horse sh*t class. Besides Campbell how many of those cats made NFL rosters? Dixon? Joseph? Hendricks?

SMFH

Jermaine Barton
Jeffrey Brown
Malcolm Bunche
Kelvin Cain
Eduardo Clements
Asante Cleveland
Tyrone Cornelius
Deonte Davis
Jeremy Davis
Jon Feliciano
Chase Ford
Jimmy Gaines
Tavadis glenn
Mo Hagens
Darion Hall
Allen Hurns
Storm Johnson
Brandon Linder
Shane McDermott
Stephen Morris
Kevin Nelson
Keion Payne
David Perry
Kacy Rodgers
Andrew Tallman
Delmar Taylor
Clive Walford
Travis Williams
Latwan Anderson
Seantrel Henderson

henderson, linder, & hurns will all make pro-bowls...

Advertisement
2004 Class anyone?

This class was coming off a championship in 01 and 3 straight BCS bowl appearances. Putrid.

Rhyan Anderson

Carlos Armour

James Bryant

Tyrone Byrd

Calais Campbell

Romeo Davis

Antonio Dixon

Kirby Freeman

Dwayne Hendricks

Cedric Hill

Andrew Johnson

Charlie Jones

Khalil Jones

Rashaun Jones

Joe Joseph

Josh Kerr

Lance Leggett

Tyler McMeans

Lavon Ponder

Anthony Reddick

Chris Rutledge

Johnathan St. Pierre

Derron Thomas

George Timmons

Bobby Washington

Willie Williams

Chris Zellner

Woooooooow what a horse sh*t class. Besides Campbell how many of those cats made NFL rosters? Dixon? Joseph? Hendricks?

SMFH

Kirby Freeman, Lance Leggett and Willie Williams. Jesus Christ. And people would have been busting a nut if this board was around back then

Jermaine Barton
Jeffrey Brown
Malcolm Bunche
Kelvin Cain
Eduardo Clements
Asante Cleveland
Tyrone Cornelius
Deonte Davis
Jeremy Davis
Jon Feliciano
Chase Ford
Jimmy Gaines
Tavadis glenn
Mo Hagens
Darion Hall
Allen Hurns
Storm Johnson
Brandon Linder
Shane McDermott
Stephen Morris
Kevin Nelson
Keion Payne
David Perry
Kacy Rodgers
Andrew Tallman
Delmar Taylor
Clive Walford
Travis Williams
Latwan Anderson
Seantrel Henderson

henderson, linder, & hurns will all make pro-bowls...

3 kids out of 30 signees. That's over 1/3 of your entire allowed roster clogged up with one class, and you can point to 4-5 guys out of it. Think about it. More than 1/3 of your roster is filled, and the best defensive player of the bunch is James Gaines. Good luck if that's your strategy.

2004 Class anyone?

Rhyan Anderson

Carlos Armour

James Bryant

Tyrone Byrd

Calais Campbell

Romeo Davis

Antonio Dixon

Kirby Freeman

Dwayne Hendricks

Cedric Hill

Andrew Johnson

Charlie Jones

Khalil Jones

Rashaun Jones

Joe Joseph

Josh Kerr

Lance Leggett

Tyler McMeans

Lavon Ponder

Anthony Reddick

Chris Rutledge

Johnathan St. Pierre

Derron Thomas

George Timmons

Bobby Washington

Willie Williams

Chris Zellner

SMFH

Kirby Freeman, Lance Leggett and Willie Williams. Jesus Christ. And people would have been busting a nut if this board was around back then

They, were, and did, it was called Grassy. The Willie Williams saga was one of the great all time Cane recruiting circus acts. All his trolling, "Im a fat boy that likes his cake", and theatrics before he finally signed. Arguably one of the top 3 busts of all time for UM.

The Lance Leggett saga was pretty bad too. He was all sweet on Chris Leak at UF and it looked like he was going to head there for a long time, so people jazzed all over their screens when we landed him. All for a kid that actually DUCKED out of the way of a pass intended for him so a defender could intercept it. That's got to be on the all time hall of shame moments in the last 20 years or so.

Advertisement
I don't remember a class worst then this, even during the REAL probation years

87 was a bad class? Are you sure about that? Seems that our team in 90 and 91 was pretty stacked which included kids from the 87 class

lmmfao.....looking at who were freshman on that team....i didnt realize how most of those players i have no idea who they are. Other than thrill hill and bailey...that was a non existent class...but that class won 2 chips....

Jermaine Barton
Jeffrey Brown
Malcolm Bunche
Kelvin Cain
Eduardo Clements
Asante Cleveland
Tyrone Cornelius
Deonte Davis
Jeremy Davis
Jon Feliciano
Chase Ford
Jimmy Gaines
Tavadis glenn
Mo Hagens
Darion Hall
Allen Hurns
Storm Johnson
Brandon Linder
Shane McDermott
Stephen Morris
Kevin Nelson
Keion Payne
David Perry
Kacy Rodgers
Andrew Tallman
Delmar Taylor
Clive Walford
Travis Williams
Latwan Anderson
Seantrel Henderson

That class currently has two legitimate NFL starters, a few current NFL role players, and a few upcoming draft picks.

Class was trash, but I'd hold off on putting it at the bottom of the dumpster, especially over this class.

Advertisement
Back