Word is fletcher is out for the season…

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guy on FB claiming to be his uncle (yeah I know) says he’s not out for the year. He’s got one of those knee carts but is ahead of schedule.

Those Lisfranc injuries ******* SUUUUUUUCK.

All sorts of outcomes on those.

For those at liberty to discuss...already in the cast? If so, how long? That's a good 3mo before you can even start real rehab.

Every time you think it heals you can be injured again. Look at Zion and others, could be 2 years before healthy. Might not even get a chance cause Miami can’t wait around. He will get recruited over. Hopefully his isn’t as severe and heals properly. We will see

Advertisement
Mt. Maybe We Should Rushless, know what I mean??
Youtube No GIF by ADWEEK

I guy on FB claiming to be his uncle (yeah I know) says he’s not out for the year. He’s got one of those knee carts but is ahead of schedule.
Yeah, but not out for year can mean he's returning after halloween, which would put him "on/ahead of schedule" if the average recovery time is 11 months for lisfranc, which it is. And returning then is basically the same as being out for the year for the purposes of roster building.

Advertisement
Tried to tell ppl
His injury was bad after the bowl and nobody believed me. He got that Zion foot injury. It’s a long road back
Same bro wrote multiple times if it was lisfranc it’s 16 to 24 months sometimes to get that foot back to being normal

A simple question must be asked.

Are there any Nike/Jordan schools that are suffering so many chronic and lingering lower body injuries?

I know, I know, I will be accused of being a "Nike fanboy" and told that I am proposing an alternative that would cost UM as much as ONE or possibly TWO million dollars per year (chump change compared to Big 10 money).

But I have observed this situation for years. adidas has been fixated on making the "lightest" cleats possible, in both football and soccer. Which, of course, is FANTASTIC for soccer, where the players run MILES in the course of one match.

But I'm not so sure that the adidas sports engineering, at least for football, is anywhere near as good as it is for Nike. ****, with Michael Jordan alone, there are decades worth of stories about how Nike worked with him EVERY YEAR to incorporate changes into his shoe line based on MJ's experiences on the court. Then you go and read descriptions of various Jordan models and realize "hey, these are not the lightest/thinnest basketball shoes on the market, some of these models are quite heavy". Nike would study the way that Michael moved on the court, I recall that one model in particular was designed to address the way that lateral movement sometimes caused the uppers of the shoes to veer away from the soles of the shoes.

So, do with that information what you will. I will be..."curious"...to see if our injury situation improves...in a few years...

Advertisement
A simple question must be asked.

Are there any Nike/Jordan schools that are suffering so many chronic and lingering lower body injuries?

I know, I know, I will be accused of being a "Nike fanboy" and told that I am proposing an alternative that would cost UM as much as ONE or possibly TWO million dollars per year (chump change compared to Big 10 money).

But I have observed this situation for years. adidas has been fixated on making the "lightest" cleats possible, in both football and soccer. Which, of course, is FANTASTIC for soccer, where the players run MILES in the course of one match.

But I'm not so sure that the adidas sports engineering, at least for football, is anywhere near as good as it is for Nike. ****, with Michael Jordan alone, there are decades worth of stories about how Nike worked with him EVERY YEAR to incorporate changes into his shoe line based on MJ's experiences on the court. Then you go and read descriptions of various Jordan models and realize "hey, these are not the lightest/thinnest basketball shoes on the market, some of these models are quite heavy". Nike would study the way that Michael moved on the court, I recall that one model in particular was designed to address the way that lateral movement sometimes caused the uppers of the shoes to veer away from the soles of the shoes.

So, do with that information what you will. I will be..."curious"...to see if our injury situation improves...in a few years...
Savvy play... shift it from UHealth or Mario to the common enemy of the board... well done

Advertisement
Back