WOOOOOO! Ric Flair turns 72 today!

Advertisement
watched him and eddy guerro ( spellcheck ) go at it real hard back in the day, flair barely won it. But for a sport that is fake, that match didn't look fake at all because eddy couldn't believe he almost had him and was speechless.
I grew up during the Monday Night Wars - Eddie Guerrero is my favourite wrestler. Dude didn't know how to have a bad match and he was great on the mic too.

I grew up on the Beach and went to many convention center events. A childhood friend was closely connected to it and got us in to every event for free. I saw Sugar Ray Leonard with my buddy in his 7th or 8th professional fight when I was a 5th grader in 77 or 78.
I used to go to South Beach all the time back in the 80 s before Penrods was built and all the supposed cool people were there .back when you could find a parking spot

Flair > Hogan

I said it.
To be honest I don’t like either, but both were great characters, far from decent people. Especially Flair, i’m amazed the cancel culture weirdos never came for him lol. A real piece of **** human. But Hogan is the guy who made wrestling main stream, pretty much the biggest thing in history up until stone cold. Stone cold drew more money in history and did in a five year window. Single handily saved wwe when money was drying up and wcw was whipping their ***. The Rock blowing up down the road is what helped finish wcw off but what Austin did was insane.

I grew up during the Monday Night Wars - Eddie Guerrero is my favourite wrestler. Dude didn't know how to have a bad match and he was great on the mic too.
It’s funny he was a terrible promo coming up , just a great worker. Then something clicked at the end of his wcw run. He became a really good promo. Which rarely happens.

Advertisement
Fun fact , Muhammad Ali took a lot of his “ gimmick “ and character from Classy Freddie Brassie, Ali was a big wrestling mark. He knew how important talking and promo was. Wrestling is where all of the trash talk started.

Fun fact , Muhammad Ali took a lot of his “ gimmick “ and character from Classy Freddie Brassie, Ali was a big wrestling mark. He knew how important talking and promo was. Wrestling is where all of the trash talk started.

That was mentioned on the movie “One Night in Miami” that highlighted the relationship between Ali, Malcolm X, Brown, and singer Sam Cooke. Ali mentioned his affinity for wrestling.

To be honest I don’t like either, but both were great characters, far from decent people. Especially Flair, i’m amazed the cancel culture weirdos never came for him lol. A real piece of **** human. But Hogan is the guy who made wrestling main stream, pretty much the biggest thing in history up until stone cold. Stone cold drew more money in history and did in a five year window. Single handily saved wwe when money was drying up and wcw was whipping their ***. The Rock blowing up down the road is what helped finish wcw off but what Austin did was insane.

So who’s ur guy?

So who’s ur guy?
Sting and Brett hart.

I was a wcw guy , especially when wwe was the cartoon bs in 80’s, early 90’s. I grew up on Flair, Dusty , Magnum TA, Road warriors , Luger , Sting etc. I judge it by talkers , workers and characters. Hogan and flair were great characters and talkers, just different. Ricky Steamboat unreal worker. HBK might be the biggest scum bag in history but probably the best worker ever. Brett being a close second imo. Brett almost made you forget it was a work. Aj Styles and CM are after my wheel house but I appreciate their work.

As for Talking it’s Austin, Rock, Flair, Dusty, Punk and Piper as an underrated pick.

Advertisement
Sting and Brett hart.

I was a wcw guy , especially when wwe was the cartoon bs in 80’s, early 90’s. I grew up on Flair, Dusty , Magnum TA, Road warriors , Luger , Sting etc. I judge it by talkers , workers and characters. Hogan and flair were great characters and talkers, just different. Ricky Steamboat unreal worker. HBK might be the biggest scum bag in history but probably the best worker ever. Brett being a close second imo. Brett almost made you forget it was a work. Aj Styles and CM are after my wheel house but I appreciate their work.

As for Talking it’s Austin, Rock, Flair, Dusty, Punk and Piper as an underrated pick.

Yeah I was a helluva Bret Hart fan. True story:
At the age of 8, me, my two cousins, & this dude named Jason (whose father was a **** producer......great times) all put in to get those Bret Hart glasses. That’s when WWF used to have catalogs to order from.

Anyways, we all put in, and Jason was in charge of the ordering. We didn’t get our chit....I was 8, Jason was 10. This was my first outside of the family fight & I literally slapped, then kicked, then put him in the sharp shooter. Lol.

Me & relatives were just reminiscing on that. Lol. They were like Rell, u was wilding w/ that chit. That dude was legit crying. Lol.

Advertisement
Back