Woodley Eager for Aquinas

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2013 Columbus (Fla.) RB Lorenzo Woodley is anxious to see the St. Thomas Aquinas defense live for the first time this Friday.

“I’m very excited, this is the first time Columbus plays St.Thomas at the varsity level. It should be a tough game, but very competitive.”

Woodley admits that he is not only excited for the game itself, but also the fact that the game will be played in Sun Life Stadium.

“It’s going to be my first time playing at Sun Life, so it’s going to be different, but we are going to go out and play like we usually do.”

The senior running back says he’s heard about the Aquinas team previously.

“I know they have a good running back and a great defensive end. We’re going into this game and we are not going to underestimate anyone and we are going to play as hard as we can.”

While both teams have their own advantages, the bruising running back gave his opinion on his team’s advantage.

“We are better prepared. We are always the type of team that comes out of the gate playing well. We also have a great coaching staff that helps us prepare for every game.”

While the 2013 prospect does have many attributes that college coaches like, he feels his best one is his downfield running ability.

“I believe that when I run north and south, nobody can stop me.”

Woodley does want to work on one skill and that is catching the ball out of the back field.

Columbus’ schedule is featured with a lot of top teams in South Florida, but Woodley is not shying away from them.

“I looking forward to the Belen Jesuit, Southridge, Central and Miami Northwestern game this year. Our schedule is pretty tough, but I’m looking forward to playing those teams.”

He says the best player he has ever played against is Miami Hurricane Linebacker Denzel Perryman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
While the 2013 prospect does have many attributes that college coaches like, he feels his best one is his downfield running ability.

“I believe that when I run north and south, nobody can stop me.”

Tito, this is something you mentioned to me this summer. When Woodley has the right mentality, he's tough to stop. I'm not crazy about him but he definitely has the size and speed.

Tito, this is something you mentioned to me this summer. When Woodley has the right mentality, he's tough to stop. I'm not crazy about him but he definitely has the size and speed.

With Zo, it's all about how hard he hits the hole. He has all the size to be a bruising back, but is a little tentative at times.

With Zo, it's all about how hard he hits the hole. He has all the size to be a bruising back, but is a little tentative at times.

Don't think his style translates well to high level D1 personally.....plus I have heard negative things about his attitude. I think Chestnut will be the better collegian.

Don't think his style translates well to high level D1 personally.....plus I have heard negative things about his attitude. I think Chestnut will be the better collegian.

Agree. I went to a few Columbus games last year and IMO Woodley was the 3rd best of the 3 they had last year. Radcliffe was IMO the best of the 3 then Chestnut and Woodley.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back