Woodiel named TE Coach, per FootballScoop

Advertisement
This feels like a win win. Field gets to focus on recruiting which is bread and butter and Woodiel has a chance to prove himself as a great TE coach. Another young, hungry man who's been with Mario and knows what he likes. Mario has called us TE U so I don't think he would turn the keys over to Woodiel if he wasn't ready. Let's go.

This feels like a win win. Field gets to focus on recruiting which is bread and butter and Woodiel has a chance to prove himself as a great TE coach. Another young, hungry man who's been with Mario and knows what he likes. Mario has called us TE U so I don't think he would turn the keys over to Woodiel if he wasn't ready. Let's go.
Everyone feels this way including Fields. Woodiel is the goods.

Advertisement
What did @Rellyrell say? I missed it and as usual, the CIS search stinks and I can't find it.
I mean we was talking about the coaching changes and I made a post saying fields and Joe could be next to be gone and I don’t think him and a few others liked me saying field might be out

Advertisement
1+1=3.

This is perfect. Teams have been after Woodiel for OL spots but he's been very loyal to Mario. Many inside and outside the building think he has a very, very high ceiling, especially on the trail. He's an OL coach by nature, so TE should be a walk in the park for him.

Field moves to where he belongs, and he will do a great job there.

Very excited about this move. Pretty sure I've posted that I wanted Field moved out of TE a few times. Nice to get a wish every once in a while.

makes all the sense in the world for field. he's always been a recruiter first- and a good one! not at all familiar with woodiel but he seems to fit this offseason's mold of young, hungry rising assistants so let's hope he works out.

Advertisement
Advertisement

As Mario Cristobal continues to rebuild and reshape his Miami Hurricanes' staff going into Cristobal's second year back home at his alma mater, Cody Woodiel is poised for a career break-through opportunity.

Sources tell FootballScoop that Woodiel is being elevated to coach the Hurricanes' tight ends, while former tight ends coach Stephen Field will shift into a different role that taps into Field's skills on and off the field.

Timing is interesting, but probably good. Hopefully this is a WIN WIN for us and both of the coaches are now in places to be successful.

As Mario Cristobal continues to rebuild and reshape his Miami Hurricanes' staff going into Cristobal's second year back home at his alma mater, Cody Woodiel is poised for a career break-through opportunity.

Sources tell FootballScoop that Woodiel is being elevated to coach the Hurricanes' tight ends, while former tight ends coach Stephen Field will shift into a different role that taps into Field's skills on and off the field.

Staff hirings should be done by week 1

Advertisement
Back