Women's NCAA Tournament Thread- Sweet 16 vs Nova, Friday @ 2:30

Advertisement
The only thing people hate more than Miami is losing to Miami!
People want to go after the Cavenders and I get it, but Haley can play...which I think ****es people off even more.

Yeah for sure. Haley is a legit good player at this level. The TikTok **** is part of who they are, but she can actually play.

Hanna on her own probably doesn't get a Miam offer, without Haley and the brand that comes with them. She's not nearly as good. She's a D1 hooper for sure, but probably not an ACC caliber player. Haley is legit very good though.

Yeah for sure. Haley is a legit good player at this level. The TikTok **** is part of who they are, but she can actually play.

Hanna on her own probably doesn't get a Miam offer, without Haley and the brand that comes with them. She's not nearly as good. She's a D1 hooper for sure, but probably not an ACC caliber player. Haley is legit very good though.

Hannah is definitely an ACC caliber player. I know this because she's literally playing in the ACC, not just sitting on the end of the bench as an afterthought. Not just the ACC, but on a team that made the NCAA's and now the Sweet 16.

She's averaging 17 minutes, 4 ppg, 1.7 apg, 1.4 rpg.

She even scored 15 in a win vs UVA in the ACC tourney.

She might not be a star or a starter, but not everyone can be. She's a depth piece that contributes. In the ACC. :)

Hannah is definitely an ACC caliber player. I know this because she's literally playing in the ACC, not just sitting on the end of the bench as an afterthought. Not just the ACC, but on a team that made the NCAA's and now the Sweet 16.

She might not be a star or a starter, but not everyone can be. She's a depth piece that contributes. In the ACC. :)
I like Hannah she does things on an acceptable level but she is no Hailey who is on a very high level.

Advertisement
The only thing people hate more than Miami is losing to Miami!
People want to go after the Cavenders and I get it, but Haley can play...which I think ****es people off even more.
Haley leads the team in minutes per game at 30.7. She is our leading scorer at 12.8 per game. Leads in 3 point % at .408; FT at .886. She is second in rebounding and assists per game. She is very good.

Why do the chicks play four quarters but the dudes play two halves?
Because men's college basketball is stuck in the stone ages. They're the only league on the planet that plays 2 halfs. The powers that be on the men's side need to go. They're always years behind the women in making rule changes.

Haley leads the team in minutes per game at 30.7. She is our leading scorer at 12.8 per game. Leads in 3 point % at .408; FT at .886. She is second in rebounding and assists per game. She is very good.

Here's something that I'm not understanding. Why is Haley's name not listed on the NCAA website for free throw percentage leaders? They list the top 250 gals and her name is not listed, even though she should be 35-ish. I would assume she'd have enough attempts even though they dont list a minimum.

Edit: Could this be related to the probation?

Because men's college basketball is stuck in the stone ages. They're the only league on the planet that plays 2 halfs. The powers that be on the men's side need to go. They're always years behind the women in making rule changes.

That seems like it would be the correct answer. Im guessing the networks have a hand in this. College basketball is neatly packed into viewable windows right now.

Advertisement
Here's something that I'm not understanding. Why is Haley's name not listed on the NCAA website for free throw percentage leaders? They list the top 250 gals and her name is not listed, even though she should be 35-ish. I would assume she'd have enough attempts even though they dont list a minimum.

Edit: Could this be related to the probation?

Probably does not meet the minimum. She has 70 attempts. The lowest I saw is 77. She is 28th in 3-point percentage.

LOL. Come on, man. You know what I'm trying to say. She gets 4 whole points a game? As a Senior?

I'm not gonna argue with you....she's here, she's a Cane, they're in the Sweet 16, all is good. But if she didn't have a billion TikTok followers and her sister wasn't Haley Cavinder, she wouldn't be here. And that's fine. There's a reason she doesn't wanna play next year and Haley does.

Quarters just makes more sense. It's actually better for the TV networks. 2 extra long breaks each game.

Exactly. Plus two extra half-court buzzer-beater shots to raise the drama.

I have no idea why the TV networks haven't requested this change. As the knowledgeable people have pointed out, men's college basketball is the ONLY time that we see a long 20-minute half. Has nothing to do with "woke", no matter how much certain people try to make everything political.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Exactly. Plus two extra half-court buzzer-beater shots to raise the drama.

I have no idea why the TV networks haven't requested this change. As the knowledgeable people have pointed out, men's college basketball is the ONLY time that we see a long 20-minute half. Has nothing to do with "woke", no matter how much certain people try to make everything political.
04B73419-DD08-49C4-AD44-B42B81265EA3.jpeg

Advertisement
Back