Women's Basketball

ok, just one more momentous photo from the hUUUge upset of Nbr 4 nationally-ranked Louisville in the ACC Womens BB Quarterfinals tonight... from 15 points down with minutes to play to a buzzer beater at 1.2 secs for the win, it was nice to hear the announcer remark: "what you sit in the driveway and dream about as a kid!"

Somehow, I don't think these 2 Louisville fans who saw Miami score the last 17 points, had that driveway dream in mind here:
1646452033438.png

Boy, does that REDbird look angry!
OK, Semi-finals 2:30 vs Notre Dame tomorrow. Go Canes! (after we defeat Syracuse at 1PM of course.)

Advertisement
Tied at halftime NOW in semifinals vs nbr 20 N"dames"

We just beat Syracuse in final Mens game with scoring last 10 to close it 75-72. we CANE do THIS!

Advertisement
This team is having a tough time with the zone, because they are shooting like trash. Move the rock side to side and then hit someone on the skip pass for an open J.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I had to decide who to give an extension to between Meier or Coach L, I am probably picking Meier.
It's a tough decision but the women's program is in a better place for long term success.

Advertisement
If I had to decide who to give an extension to between Meier or Coach L, I am probably picking Meier.
It's a tough decision but the women's program is in a better place for long term success.
She's also significantly younger than L. Meier has another decade in her at minimum, and the fact that she loves South Florida, she loves living down here and is loyal is something that should be rewarded. Miami isn't landing another coach like her, that would want to stay here until retirement. Our fans forget how difficult being the Women's Basketball Coach at Miami is. There is NO LOCAL SUPPORT, NONE. Even when the program is really, really good, there's no attention provided, the budget is iffy and the fans have shown no interest in the product whatsoever(Even though Meier puts an exciting product on the floor more often than not). If Coach Meier didn't love the Keys, she would have been gone years ago.

If Katie were to go to a school that truly supported Women's Basketball, she would be dominant. You take her and plug her in at Stanford, or dare I say FSU, she would have some good NCAA runs.
Agree...we don't realize how lucky we are...she has made average players into 1st round selections...and she always has them ready.

Advertisement
Back