Women hosting a regional as a # 4 seed

Advertisement
One thing we can always count on, the women's hoops team will lose to a lower seed when its all said and done.

I like the womens team chances of getting to the Sweet 16 alot better than the Mens. Katie Meier will be very upset if we don't make it.

I like the womens team chances of getting to the Sweet 16 alot better than the Mens. Katie Meier will be very upset if we don't make it.

If they just win their regional, they will be there. This is one of the few times Miami hasn't gotten shafted by not hosting, so I have high expectations. I still can't believe that the year the women's team was one of the better teams in the country, and won the ACC regular season title, and still had to go to GONZAGA, where the Zags were a 13 seed. Yep, that was total bull.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Did a basketball player reject you?

Once. Kinda. I mean I porked her a bunch of times. Pretty girl, Becky Bramuchi. Forard for Palm Beach Junior College in like '88. It was that cot**** rap music! She started listening to that, when I was in my David Allan Coe phase Incompatible.

In college, I came back to WPB and porked this really pretty, chubby girl name Maria who played HS hoops same time as me. She had the fat on her!

Also porked a 3rd cousin who played for Purdue, when I visited Indiana one Christmas during Law School. She was hot! (and a thespian) Her name was "Pam". I called her "Pam Ham".

I college, I porked my first and only black girl. Grenita Wilson from NYC, a Point Guard. She was cool. Her father, a big black dude (like 7 foot) who played for Umass and then the Bucks, not so much. He forbade her from seeing me anymore, 'cause I was....get this...white! :O (or because I was doing impure things with her?)

So, basically, womens hoops players have been good to me.

One of the great times in my life was coaching Girl's HS Hoops one year. They were great! They did everything I told them to do without question. They cried a lot, which was awkward as it made me laugh and say sarcastic, condescending stuff.

We had little talent, but the girls became monsters of real man to man D (most girls teams play zone or a dumb *** man). We played a sagging D, (90% of girls HS teams ran the "Flex" offense or similar retarded pattern, like Princeton runs)

Took our lumps in the regular season, finished like 4-20 or something. But the girls gelled, and we won our conference tourney, and then went on a roll!
Ended up making the final 8 in the State. Beat the number one team in the State, Tampa Catholic, Lakeland Kathleen, or the Robert Marve school, I'll have to check on that, cant remember) Had the lead and the ball, but couldnt finish to get to the Final Four.

I had so much fun. , In the huddles, I would just do "Scooter" quotes from "Hoosiers", or famous military history quotes.

Used to dramatically do the "OK...we are gonna run the Picket Fence! Dont get caught watching the paint dry!" and "There IS NO TOMMORROW!" The girls would get so mad, threaten to tell their parents on me. LOL! I mean, what else was I to do? Like making up a play would work? LOL! My normal "Play" I promulgated was "OK, take it to the hoop and score!" Better than most coaches and their dry erase "Plays".

But they just did everything I asked. So much more fun than punk *** boys!

Two girls ended up getting skollys to UCF and Eckerd, based on their tenacious man to man D skills.

Last edited:
Did a basketball player reject you?

Once. Kinda. I mean I porked her a bunch of times. Pretty girl, Becky Bramuchi. Forard for Palm Beach Junior College in like '88. It was that cot**** rap music! She started listening to that, when I was in my David Allan Coe phase Incompatible.

In college, I came back to WPB and porked this really pretty, chubby girl name Maria who played HS hoops same time as me. She had the fat on her!

Also porked a 3rd cousin who played for Purdue, when I visited Indiana one Christmas during Law School. She was hot! (and a thespian) Her name was "Pam". I called her "Pam Ham".

I college, I porked my first and only black girl. Grenita Wilson from NYC, a Point Guard. She was cool. Her father, a big black dude (like 7 foot) who played for Umass and then the Bucks, not so much. He forbade her from seeing me anymore, 'cause I was....get this...white! :O (or because I was doing impure things with her?)

So, basically, womens hoops players have been good to me.

One of the great times in my life was coaching Girl's HS Hoops one year. They were great! They did everything I told them to do without question. They cried a lot, which was awkward as it made me laugh and say sarcastic, condescending stuff.

We had little talent, but the girls became monsters of real man to man D (most girls teams play zone or a dumb *** man). We played a sagging D, (90% of girls HS teams ran the "Flex" offense or similar retarded pattern, like Princeton runs)

Took our lumps in the regular season, finished like 4-20 or something. But the girls gelled, and we won our conference tourney, and then went on a roll!
Ended up making the final 8 in the State. Beat the number one team in the State, Tampa Catholic, Lakeland Kathleen, or the Robert Marve school, I'll have to check on that, cant remember) Had the lead and the ball, but couldnt finish to get to the Final Four.

I had so much fun. , In the huddles, I would just do "Scooter" quotes from "Hoosiers", or famous military history quotes.

Used to dramatically do the "OK...we are gonna run the Picket Fence! Dont get caught watching the paint dry!" and "There IS NO TOMMORROW!" The girls would get so mad, threaten to tell their parents on me. LOL! I mean, what else was I to do? Like making up a play would work? LOL! My normal "Play" I promulgated was "OK, take it to the hoop and score!" Better than most coaches and their dry erase "Plays".

But they just did everything I asked. So much more fun than punk *** boys!

Two girls ended up getting skollys to UCF and Eckerd, based on their tenacious man to man D skills.

8ipA2ja.gif

One thing we can always count on, the women's hoops team will lose to a lower seed when its all said and done.

It's happened 4 of the 5 times we've been in the tourney under Katie Meier.

BTW, is Ferne Labati still trying to sue the university for age discrimination, or did that ever settle?

Advertisement
If anyone lives near campus and has a daughter you should be there for these games, this is a huge opportunity to watch women play at the highest levels.
If you don't have a daughter go anyway and support this great team!

If anyone lives near campus and has a daughter you should be there for these games, this is a huge opportunity to watch women play at the highest levels.
If you don't have a daughter go anyway and support this great team!

If you have a daughter, don't let her near Smokey

Tix are $15 for adults, $8 for kids. If you bring a group of 10 or more tix are all $8 each.

Advertisement
Back