Withholding Money is the next step

If Al Golden is still here in the spring, that should be the next step. No donations, no ticket purchases, etc. If you feel differently more power to you, I won't begrudge anyone on how they think they should spend their money, but if you want to send a message to the admins, then your pocket book and their emptying coffers is the best way to do it. Maybe we can make them realize that keeping Golden would be more costly than getting rid of him.

:braveheart:

Why wait till spring?

Advertisement
My father in law was a Golden Cane for the past 10 years. When his renewal came up for this season, he told the associate AD he dealt with.......If Golden doesn't fire Dononfrio.....I'm not going to waste my money. It was funny.

The problem is though, to get rid of Golden and hire a decent coach, the athletic dept. will need money.....

I'm watching the game tomorrow, because my son's school was closed today, and I watched him all day today, so tomorrow is payback, but I won't enjoy it. I've already decided not renew season tickets if Golden is back, meaning my family's string of season ticket ownership, dating back to 1954, will be broken.

Last edited:
I'm watching the game tomorrow, because my son's school was closed today, and I watched him all day today, so tomorrow is payback, but I won't enjoy it. I've already decided not renew season tickets if Golden is back, meaning my family's sting of season ticket ownership, dating back to 1954, will be broken.

That's depressing to read.

Advertisement
I'm embarrassed to say I renewed my season tickets this year. My family and I have had season tickets my entire life ( turning 32 this month, FML) and it's family tradition to go to all the home games. That being said, my family and I are ready to break that tradition if Golden returns next year. The product on the field and game day experience are equally bad and not worth it anymore.

Oh, and **** Shalala, James and Golden!

I'm thinking of setting up a conditional crowdfunded site. All donations will go the Miami football program, but not until Al Golden leaves. Anyone think this would work?

My pitch would be to take all the cash you'd spend on tickets, travel, jerseys, shirts, etc. and put it in the fund. The University gets the dollars when we get change.

I'd throw 500 - 1000 in today.

I'm thinking of setting up a conditional crowdfunded site. All donations will go the Miami football program, but not until Al Golden leaves. Anyone think this would work?

My pitch would be to take all the cash you'd spend on tickets, travel, jerseys, shirts, etc. and put it in the fund. The University gets the dollars when we get change.

I'd throw 500 - 1000 in today.

tumblr_lydlbtjP7k1r34nsd.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back