With the lost to Wake Forest 76-75....

TheU 4ever

Sophomore
Where is the Cane Male Basketball program headed after this lost to one of the worst teams in the ACC? Are we regressing?

Advertisement
If we can pull out 6 ACC wins with this roster then we overachieved. Next year when we get some help and more maturity we'll win more of those close games. We've been pretty competitive all year. Just not quite good enough, which is what most of us expected after losing Dewan.

Transfer portal is calling our name!!

Advertisement
If we can pull out 6 ACC wins with this roster then we overachieved. Next year when we get some help and more maturity we'll win more of those close games. We've been pretty competitive all year. Just not quite good enough, which is what most of us expected after losing Dewan.

Transfer portal is calling our name!!

Get out of here with that logic nonsense. When it became evident that Dewan wasn't going to play this year, it was obvious that we had to adjust the expectations. Miami has 6 guys in the rotation, and two of them aren't even significant offensive threats. Winning 6 ACC games with this group is a minor miracle. The frightening part is that this team could have been a middle of the pack ACC team with just ONE additional college ready player. Just one. Look at all the close losses to elite teams, let that settle in. This has been a competitive squad all year, despite having no depth and little interior size.

We're gonna shock the world and beat Duke on national tv.
I DO hope you are right ON.

OK, a very very idle wild curiosity in this quiet football offseason moment... Let's say Canes get ultra-lucky and ultra-shock the world (and us) by winning every game in the ACC Tourney, and therefore winning the ACC. Would that warrant (or get) an NCAA bid?

Advertisement
I DO hope you are right ON.

OK, a very very idle wild curiosity in this quiet football offseason moment... Let's say Canes get ultra-lucky and ultra-shock the world (and us) by winning every game in the ACC Tourney, and therefore winning the ACC. Would that warrant (or get) an NCAA bid?
Possibly, cause we'll beat teams like Duke, Virginia, and UNC in the tourney

I was actually wondering if the ACC "winner" gets an automatic berth. I guess its all fantasy anyway.

Advertisement
Back