With the boredom of the pandemic, been watching old games.

My favorite WR has always been Michael Irvin. Saw him play in high school and with the U but now I believe our best WR ever was Andrea Johnson. Wow did he perform both for us and in the NFL. Do you have any player you feel was the best ever at the U?

I still think Warren Sapp was our best DL and could make a case for McGahee as our best RB. The only player that is clearly and unanimously our best ever was Devin Hester as a kick returner, best ever for us and in the NFL.

Anyone else been watching old games?
Agree with Andre, Sapp and Hester. Would add Hendricks and Sean Taylor. Kelly at QB, especially because he had very very little to work with on offense.

Advertisement
I think Santana Moss is our best all-purpose weapon, was a great WR and elite returner. When he graduated UM, he was basically in the top five of every important offensive stat for his position in terms of catches, yards, TD, average, etc.

Still has the best acceleration of any UM player Ive seen, alongside Hester, and his top end speed was top notch.
Santana and Reggie were so good they kept Andre on the bench.
as did Portis to McGahee and Gore.
all amazing.

My favorite WR has always been Michael Irvin. Saw him play in high school and with the U but now I believe our best WR ever was Andrea Johnson. Wow did he perform both for us and in the NFL. Do you have any player you feel was the best ever at the U?

I still think Warren Sapp was our best DL and could make a case for McGahee as our best RB. The only player that is clearly and unanimously our best ever was Devin Hester as a kick returner, best ever for us and in the NFL.

Best CB was Rolle, IMO. No one even threw at him.
best S: pick between blades, reed, taylor. Obviously reed if you include nfl.
best LB: pick between lewis, morgan, barrow, d. Smith. Lewis if you include nfl. Probably morgan at UM but for my eyes, lewis.
Best DE - Hendricks, period, no debate.
best DT: pick between jerome brown, sapp, kennedy, maryland. Sapp or kennedy if you include nfl. I go with brown.
best OL: McKinnie if you go by UM, Otto if by nfl. Searcy, Harrah next.
best TE: Shockey is best for UM + NFL. Franks, Olsen next, imo.
best WR: The Playmaker. Then Wayne. Then AJ.
best RB: Edge. Period.
best QB: Kelly put us on the map and is in canton. Kosar got our first NC. Vinny and gino got heismans. Walsh and Dorsey just won. Gimme Kelly.
ST: hester
K: huerta
P: feagles

Advertisement
At Tackle, Leon Searcy or Bryant McKinnie ? I think the Mount has the edge.
McKinnie didn’t give up a sack at UM, iirc. He had an almost flawless college career. If he’d hsve applied himself more in the nfl, he’d probably be in canton, but it didn’t work out that way for him.

Advertisement
best LB: pick between lewis, morgan, barrow, d. Smith. Lewis if you include nfl. Probably morgan at UM but for my eyes, lewis.
best DT: pick between jerome brown, sapp, kennedy, maryland. Sapp or kennedy if you include nfl. I go with brown.
best QB: Kelly put us on the map and is in canton. Kosar got our first NC. Vinny and gino got heismans. Walsh and Dorsey just won. Gimme Kelly.

Be more specific, dad or son😅😂🤣

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Should have included FB - Foreman

Going to rewatch Miami at Va Tech in 05 when we just absolutely destroyed Marcus Vick. I think he had 5 turnovers alone.

Andrea Johnson was good.

But do you really think he was better that Regina Wayne?

Advertisement
Good solid list, I like Bosher at punter, especially the big hit he made on returners. Couldn't find a Hurricane hit but this is typical.
Bosher

Last edited:
Andrea Johnson was good.

But do you really think he was better that Regina Wayne?
2 completely different WRs....I love Dre like nobody's business...but Reggie had better hands...he was a Great possession WR....Dre had one Great yr at UM....Reg had Multiple...

Agree.

Irvin also did it with less than Johnson—#5 literally showing up at Miami a full blown thoroughbred.

Irvin didn't legit have that man weight and go next level until the NFL (and probably did a few cycles of something to bulk up.) Was a lot more wiry in his collegiate years.

Irvin also did it against elite competition. Those schedules in the 80’s were brutal. Johnson had the Big East.

I'd argue that Warren Sapp might be the best player to ever wear the Orange and Green regardless of position.

Advertisement
Back