With the boredom of the pandemic, been watching old games.

fraggle

Senile Senior
My favorite WR has always been Michael Irvin. Saw him play in high school and with the U but now I believe our best WR ever was Andrea Johnson. Wow did he perform both for us and in the NFL. Do you have any player you feel was the best ever at the U?

I still think Warren Sapp was our best DL and could make a case for McGahee as our best RB. The only player that is clearly and unanimously our best ever was Devin Hester as a kick returner, best ever for us and in the NFL.

Anyone else been watching old games?

Advertisement
Hester isn't any more clear and unanimous at KR/PR than any other person at any position. Santana and Roscoe both make a case at PR.

It's the constant Ray Lewis vs. Dan Morgan debate. Do you go just on production at Miami, or include NFL? Same with referencing McGahee. Makes a difference in a few cases.

I've been dong "live" tweets of old games for SOTU and then reporting on the seasons. Covered UCLA and Syracuse from 1995, I'm working on 2009 now with FSU and UNC. @IMFB_Blog

After that I plan to work on '84, '90, '17, and '92

My favorite WR has always been Michael Irvin. Saw him play in high school and with the U but now I believe our best WR ever was Andrea Johnson. Wow did he perform both for us and in the NFL. Do you have any player you feel was the best ever at the U?

I still think Warren Sapp was our best DL and could make a case for McGahee as our best RB. The only player that is clearly and unanimously our best ever was Devin Hester as a kick returner, best ever for us and in the NFL.

Andre had one Great yr at UM....Irvin had multiple...not only is Irvin UMs best WR ever...He easily is the best Big Game WR in UM History....

Lol...are you saying Irvin didn't perform well at UM and the NFL??...Ive got news for ya...Irvin performed better in both....

Advertisement

watched 2000 FSU in between Netflix. Broke the streak and I lost my best friend that weekend. That game will always be my favorite Cane game of all time.

Advertisement
Canefreak is my dude on YouTube. Those early 2000 Cane games got me thru those early 2010s years... Dude named rustyum had some great games too.

Andre had one Great yr at UM....Irvin had multiple...not only is Irvin UMs best WR ever...He easily is the best Big Game WR in UM History....

Agree.

Irvin also did it with less than Johnson—#5 literally showing up at Miami a full blown thoroughbred.

Irvin didn't legit have that man weight and go next level until the NFL (and probably did a few cycles of something to bulk up.) Was a lot more wiry in his collegiate years.

Agree.

Irvin also did it with less than Johnson—#5 literally showing up at Miami a full blown thoroughbred.

Irvin didn't legit have that man weight and go next level until the NFL (and probably did a few cycles of something to bulk up.) Was a lot more wiry in his collegiate years.
Still was 6'3 200lbs...

Advertisement
I remember sitting in The OB, opening game 2000 against McNeese St. Andre comes in, the guy behind me says Johnson # 5 is the next stud receiver here. A few plays later he scores his 1st TD

Advertisement
I haven't had time to watch any old games, I'm a bus operator.

But, if my passengers smell like coronavirus, imma spray em.

FB_IMG_1584939035214.jpg

Doing my part.

I think Santana Moss is our best all-purpose weapon, was a great WR and elite returner. When he graduated UM, he was basically in the top five of every important offensive stat for his position in terms of catches, yards, TD, average, etc.

Still has the best acceleration of any UM player Ive seen, alongside Hester, and his top end speed was top notch.

Advertisement
Back