With so many recruiting articles....

ed reed has amazing accomplishments, but it's been proven over and over again, just because you were a great pro, doesn't make you a great coach ...
You're right again, I am sure these kids these days can't learn a thing from him and meeting him means nothing. You are absolutely right. I know nothing, your knowledge has trumped us all. Ed Reed is useless.

Advertisement
Excelling at a skill and being able to impart a skill onto others are two different things.

Maybe Ed Reed hasboth of those skills, but didn't he say he didn't want to be a position coach? Why assume otherwise. If T Rob is as good as advertised, then having Ed Reed around to offer tips and tricks is a bonus.

You're right again, I am sure these kids these days can't learn a thing from him and meeting him means nothing. You are absolutely right. I know nothing, your knowledge has trumped us all. Ed Reed is useless.
didn't say he was useless, but i promise kids are more interested in what trob can do for their future instead of ed's hof past ... put i can see your interested in being facetious, instead of facts ... so i'ma let you carry on

Fraggle Rock GIF by Apple TV

At the end of the day, who really cares what he's doing? If he's doing anything at all, it will be positive and he's doing it for us, not our competition.

Advertisement
The greatest players usually make the worst coaches. Until they actually show they are a good coach, I will never think they will be. For most greats it comes easily to them and them have a hard time teaching what they do, because most cant do the same thing.

How about the time Ed fell asleep in defensive team meetings....coach woke him up and he went on to diagnose the opposing teams play perfectly.

How did this become about Ed Reed and coaching? That is not his position here yet our previous Canes ARE a factor with recruiting. Why do we have pictures of great Canes throughout our facilities. To think a high school kid isn't influenced by greatness is rather naive.

Advertisement
yet you still haven't named one first round pick that he has produced, it's not who has more knowledge, it's who produces at PUTTING GUYS IN THE LEAGUE ... **** tabor, vernon hargreaves, keanu neal, carlton davis, quincy wilson, jc jackson ... we all love e-reed, but we talkin apples and oranges

Come on, man, I can agree with you on a lot of things, but this is a non-starter.

Yes, while T-Rob was "coaching kids up", Ed Reed was having a Hall of Fame career actually doing the job.

It's just different pathways. And we will never know what Ed can do until he actually coaches. Until then, I'm not giving T-Rob the crown.

Both of these guys have merits, I'm just tired of the ridiculous myth that a great player somehow can't be a great coach.

Great players don’t always translate into great teachers/coaches.

And they don't always NOT translate.

I think that Ed's personality is well-suited to teaching/coaching.

I'm not simply evaluating him as a "great player", but as a great communicator. That's why Ed may be capable of being a great coach.

i don't think we need gimmicks (ed reed) when you add t-rob to the mix ... this guy has made millionaires with an S ... the most recent being in this previous draft (horn) ... he adds more cred than anything ed reed could dream of giving ...
Having Ed reed is a bonus, no downside to it. He’s not coaching

Come on, man, I can agree with you on a lot of things, but this is a non-starter.

Yes, while T-Rob was "coaching kids up", Ed Reed was having a Hall of Fame career actually doing the job.

It's just different pathways. And we will never know what Ed can do until he actually coaches. Until then, I'm not giving T-Rob the crown.

Both of these guys have merits, I'm just tired of the ridiculous myth that a great player somehow can't be a great coach.
good talk ... i guess my question is if he is so influential, why has our cb recruiting been trash ... i'm not saying he's not an asset, i AM saying that he won't push a kid over the edge to commit ... at this point of a kids career which is more important, being coached by a guy that has sent multiple guys to the league 1st round or hanging out with a guy from time to time that's a hof and picking their brain ... both are good opps, but the guy that grinds on me everyday to get me in the league will win everytime and trob is that dude ... he's not god, but to deny is tangible resume is crazy to me

Advertisement
I doubt Manny has the ability to fire anyone right now. IF T-Rob leaves, it's because he's choosing to and he's sick of this joke of a program.

Advertisement
Back