With saban gone and Mario being a top recruiter…

Advertisement
Yeah....Like Bama would hire the likes of a Manny Diaz, Al Golden, and Randy Shann...."Oh Wait"....
100%. BAMA will make a splash hire. BAMA Boosters and its rabid fan base will not allow a bum coaching hire. The thing is, who wants to follow behind Nick Saban? 10 wins isn't acceptable for their fans. Listening to the The Paul Finebaum show tells me everything I need to know about Alabama football fans......it's a fkn cult, lol.

You're a funny

All 3 of those WEST COAST guys in 2022 were Oregon Leans when Lanning took over.

Miami cooled on Gary Bryant, didn't go after aggressively. Burch was already done deal to Oregon when he hit the portal.

Again west coast targets. It's always going to be hard to pull them.

How about Francis Mauigoa, Riley Williams, Jayden Wayne?

Marquis Lightfoot?

The big battles was Aydin Breeland and Louna but Lanning has a big proximity factor, again West coast guys.

+ Mauigoa ended up a Miami vs Tenn battle.
+ Riley Williams and Jayden Wayne were Miami v Alabama battles.
+ Lightfoot was a Miami v Ohio State battle.
+ Miami “cooling” on Bryant is news to me.
+ For Burch, Miami got wind he was headed in and they tried every avenue available to them to get to at least meet the family. Crickets.

Advertisement
Outside of Breland, I don't think we're sweating the rest of these
We wanted all 3 in the 22 class bad. We were idiots if we didn’t want Pleasant and we certainly wanted and needed Fields in 24. The only argument against the notion that Lanning owned Mario is that Lanning had the home coast advantage in 23 and 24, so I can’t really hold it against Mario for not landing those kids. Now Venebles is a different story. He bodied Mario.

2022 class:
+ Josh Connerly
+ Jalil Florence
+ David Iuli

2023 class:
+ Gary Bryant (transfer)
+ Jordan Burch (transfer)
+ Rod Pleasant

2024:
+ Breland
+ Dakoda Fields
+ Sione Laulea

you forgot D1ckey and to a lesser extent, Rushing.

Advertisement
Really?

There are 4 CB’s on that very small list of players.

CB isn’t a concern for Miami?
Addae got us

Jack Black Smile GIF

Advertisement
For those too lazy to Google

+ Mauigoa ended up a Miami vs Tenn battle.
+ Riley Williams and Jayden Wayne were Miami v Alabama battles.
+ Lightfoot was a Miami v Ohio State battle.
+ Miami “cooling” on Bryant is news to me.
+ For Burch, Miami got wind he was headed in and they tried every avenue available to them to get to at least meet the family. Crickets.
Just because Oregon didn't make the top 2 of some of these recruits doesn't mean we didn't beat them.

That's a ridiculous argument.

So basically if Miami and Oregon were final 2 then it counts against us, but if Miami beat Oregon out to get in top 3, it doesn't count?

Miami backed off Bryant, fact. Birch was done to Oregon prior to portal entry. Oregon literally offered Lightfoot this spring. But that doesn't count I know.

Just because Oregon didn't make the top 2 of some of these recruits doesn't mean we didn't beat them.

That's a ridiculous argument.

So basically if Miami and Oregon were final 2 then it counts against us, but if Miami beat Oregon out to get in top 3, it doesn't count?

Miami backed off Bryant, fact. Birch was done to Oregon prior to portal entry. Oregon literally offered Lightfoot this spring. But that doesn't count I know.
This argument is narrative driven man.... You're not going to win lol

Advertisement
2022 class:
+ Josh Connerly
+ Jalil Florence
+ David Iuli

2023 class:
+ Gary Bryant (transfer)
+ Rod Pleasant

2024:
+ Breland
+ Dakoda Fields
+ Sione Laulea
Ah, I was just asking for this info in the Oregon Big Boy thread!

2022 class:
+ Josh Connerly
+ Jalil Florence
+ David Iuli

2023 class:
+ Gary Bryant (transfer)
+ Rod Pleasant

2024:
+ Breland
+ Dakoda Fields
+ Sione Laulea

All 3 of those WEST COAST guys in 2022 were Oregon Leans when Lanning took over.

Miami cooled on Gary Bryant, didn't go after aggressively. Burch was already done deal to Oregon when he hit the portal.

Again west coast targets. It's always going to be hard to pull them.

How about Francis Mauigoa, Riley Williams, Jayden Wayne?
My initial take

Lanning owned Mario in the 22 and 24 cycles. Mario dominated in the 23 cycle.

@gacaneaddict is right about one thing for sure though. It will be increasingly harder for Mario to pull large numbers of elite West Coast recruits in future years (although w/Cal and Stanford now in the ACC, maybe that might help keep a toe hold out west).

Advertisement
Back