With Manny and his staff, we are 1 QB away from serious winning

CanesWooshWoosh

Banned
Banned
WIth this defense, all we need is Richt to get lucky on 1 superstar QB and we are in contention.

Without Manny and his staff, we are Al Golden levels of inept on both sides of the ball IMMEDIATELY.

Pay Manny. Pay his staff. Scorn this Richt idiot. Manny deserves to be in Miami, roaming a P5 sideline in his hometown, beloved, running an uber aggressive system with national recognition. We cant send our guy off, in good with, to some northeastern clown show so that everyone loses.

Advertisement
WIth this defense, all we need is Richt to get lucky on 1 superstar QB and we are in contention.

Without Manny and his staff, we are Al Golden levels of inept on both sides of the ball IMMEDIATELY.

Pay Manny. Pay his staff. Scorn this Richt idiot. Manny deserves to be in Miami, roaming a P5 sideline in his hometown, beloved, running an uber aggressive system with national recognition. We cant send our guy off, in good with, to some northeastern clown show so that everyone loses.

Kevin Patrick, Winston Moss, Michael Barrow.... Plenty of Hurricanes out there who could keep the D poppin. We'll be okay.

Kevin Patrick, Winston Moss, Michael Barrow.... Plenty of Hurricanes out there who could keep the D poppin. We'll be okay.

Lmmfao at the concept of pairing up a dude that just got fired with another dude that just got fired, and considering that “power moves.”

Meanwhile, pathetic programs are hiring our power players without any fuss due to our own ignorance.

“We can just hire some more dudes that just got fired. It’ll be fine.”

Lmmfao at the concept of pairing up a dude that just got fired with another dude that just got fired, and considering that “power moves.”

Meanwhile, pathetic programs are hiring our power players without any fuss due to our own ignorance.

“We can just hire some more dudes that just got fired. It’ll be fine.”
Seen groundhog movie we in one now.

Advertisement
this is not a judgement or opinion. just an objective look at stats. SOURCE : https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21 (OFFICIAL NCAA WEBSITE)

Miami defense was ranked #2 in total defense (without the Savannah St game, Miami would be ranked #7)
Miami played 0 teams with an offense ranked in the top 25
Miami played only 3 teams with an offense ranked in the top 50 in total offense and only 6 teams in the top 70.
Toledo (29) .... N Carolina (35) ... Va Tech (46)

Miami played an FCS team (Savannah St) that was ranked 123 in FCS total offense

Miami lost 0 games to teams who had an offense ranked in the top 50
Miami lost 5 games -- this is the total offense ranking of each of those teams

(51) Ga Tech
(64) Boston College
(72) Duke
(77) LSU
(83) Virginia

Wisconsin was ranked # 41 in total offense

Last edited:
this is not a judgement or opinion. just an objective look at stats.

Miami defense was ranked #2 in total defense
Miami played only 3 teams with an offense ranked in the top 50 in total offense and only 6 teams in the top 70.

I've been saying the same thing. Our defense hasn't played a great offense all year. I would love for Manny to go to Temple and prove himself as a HC before we crown him HC. The defense did what they were supposed to do against inferior competition this season.

Miami defense was ranked #2 in total defense

This........

.....Deserves it’s own thread. Love Manny. He gets an A for doing his job. But our opposing offenses were very weak.

Really? So the OL doesn't matter much, depth at multiple positions is not a real issue, and Manny is just a given as a HC?

People really need to stop with this ****. Everybody loves the backup QB. Everybody loves the hot coordinator over the HC.

I don't defend Richt, but refuse to just annoit Diaz.

Advertisement

Miami defense was ranked #2 in total defense (without the Savannah St game, Miami would be ranked #7)

Miami lost 0 games to teams who had an offense ranked in the top 50
Miami lost 5 games -- this is the total offense ranking of each of those teams

(51) Ga Tech
(64) Boston College
(72) Duke
(77) LSU
(83) Virginia

Wisconsin was ranked # 41 in total offense

Man. You boys love to talk stats. Let's talk some stats. Since y'all are talking Total Offense, let's talk some Total Offense. What follows are teams' Total Offense Avg. for the year, and then what those same teams managed against Miami.

LSU Total Offense Avg - 389
Against Miami - 296

Savannah State - 238
Against Miami - 78

Toledo - 449
Against Miami - 334

FIU - 418
Against Miami - 187

UNC - 442
Against Miami - 329

FSU - 360
Against Miami - 200

UVA - 382
Against Miami - 231

***BC - 404
***Against Miami - 433

DUKE - 393
Against Miami - 290

GT - 419.3
Against Miami - 304

VT - 427
Against Miami - 335

PITT - 372
Against Miami - 200

I was going to make a big statement here, but ultimately, numbers are numbers and you play who you play. And if you're keeping those teams you play (BC the lone notable exception) hundreds of yards below their average for the year (said averages which would be even higher had you not done your work on the field), what are you complaining about? There are so many issues our team has - the defense (especially this year where we got off the field on third down) wasn't one of them.

My source seems slightly different than yours (Wisconsin is 40th in Total Offense, not 41), but you talk about the teams we lost against, not mentioning teams we beat that were ranked higher than Wisconsin's (40):

Toledo (30)
UNC (35)

Again. We played who we played. Is it possible that Wisconsin is a BC-like exception? Sure. Is it more likely that we keep them under their 437 yd/game average? I don't know. But... it feels like it should be.

Is it so hard to enjoy a nice thing we had? Enjoy this defense. Quit trying to find fault to warble about with one of the bright shining spots of our team in this wholly disappointing season.

If you like fun with numbers, here's where I got mine -- https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb

I've been saying the same thing. Our defense hasn't played a great offense all year. I would love for Manny to go to Temple and prove himself as a HC before we crown him HC. The defense did what they were supposed to do against inferior competition this season.
Take away a meaningless win over FCS Savannah State which was a 77-0 glorified scrimmage and the best Richt's team could
do with a cupcake schedule was 6-5.
Younger CANES fans who have no clue what it's like to have a national championship team can't really understand how
totally frustrated and ****ed off CANES who have experienced a great team are with the mediocre play and pathetic coaches
Miami fans have suffered thru for the last 15 years.
CANES have had some really great individual talent during this time and that makes things even more difficult to deal with.

Advertisement
When I see (2) quality QB's signed each year then I will know we're dedicated to distributing the ball to our play makers.
Going through even one recruiting season with NO QB's signed speaks loads , and putting all our eggs in one basket to sign "A" QB is not good , let the world know we're going after ALL the top QB's.

I was watching the kids National Championship this past weekend and saw a STUD QB from the winning team , YES I would offer this young man even at 12-13 years old.

So Rickets brings in a superstar qb only to give him a 3 game suspension because the hospital corners on his bed were crooked. Then, he shuns him for 3 more games pulling him whenever a receiver drops a pass. Coaching matters.

We have the number 2 defense in the country right now and are about to lose our sixth game.

We are a lot more than a QB away from the playoffs. We could use an upgrade at the following (in order not including HC):

1. OC
2. QB-C
3. QB
4. OL-C
5. RG
6. P
7. WR
8. LT

Advertisement
Take away a meaningless win over FCS Savannah State which was a 77-0 glorified scrimmage and the best Richt's team could
do with a cupcake schedule was 6-5.
Younger CANES fans who have no clue what it's like to have a national championship team can't really understand how
totally frustrated and ****ed off CANES who have experienced a great team are with the mediocre play and pathetic coaches
Miami fans have suffered thru for the last 15 years.
CANES have had some really great individual talent during this time and that makes things even more difficult to deal with.
We honestly could've had the same results last season that we did this season. We were a few plays away from that actually happening. I enjoyed last season but I understood we were not even close to being an elite team yet. I think everyone's expectations were just too high based off of last season. Look what Clemson did to our great defense in the ACCCG last year. Probably would have happened this year as well if we won the coastal.

We honestly could've had the same results last season that we did this season. We were a few plays away from that actually happening. I enjoyed last season but I understood we were not even close to being an elite team yet. I think everyone's expectations were just too high based off of last season. Look what Clemson did to our great defense in the ACCCG last year. Probably would have happened this year as well if we won the coastal.
"winning the coastal" --- thats like being in a 50 yard dash with 3 fat kids and a midget and can't win. pathetic.

Advertisement
Back