With ACC play on the horizon, Williams is focused on CMU

Advertisement
It’s all Jarren fault on why we are 0-2 huh? Smh. Quit feeding trolls, And why are you expecting this season to playout like that again. Already counting losses to games that haven’t even been played. Pussified *** fan base man

I don't know who or what you're responding to.

This is exactly what happened in 2014 with freshman Kaaya. We went 6-7 with a 2000 yard tailback, #14 in total defense, and 7 players drafted into the NFL, and all people were talking about was how great Kaaya was, how good he was going to be, and how he was a future #1 pick. The answer to your question is yes, if we suck and go 6-7, people will still admire JW and he will hold no responsibility for any team failures.

Kaaya got plenty blame for that season. Stop rewriting history.

I still think this club can win 10 Games. As far as Jarren goes I’m still recovering from the 2 Ls. Bethune was a great showing, UNC was as well.

So for me this season is definitely about Jarrens development. He’s doing some things that Kaaya can’t do.

I want to see if his the “it” factor. Right now I’d say no. Seems like he will be a great college QB regardless of “it” factor.

Some guys year in year out just have “it”

Johnny Manziel had “it”
Winston had “it”
Mariota had “it”
Luck had “it”
Bradford has “it”
Tebow had “it”
Mayfield had more of the “it” factor than Kyler Murray did IMO.

He may not have it. I still feel like you can literally see Jarren thinking still. It’s only 1/4 of his first year. I’ll be curious where he is in October and November.

Lots to play for. A shot to take on Clemson and gauge exactly where #TNM is.

(I’ve changed my mind on wanting to play Clemson. I absolutely hope UVA drops another ACC game after we beat them in route to the ACCCG)

Crazy things happen in college ball and nothings guaranteed Miami could “shock the world” and ruin Clemson’s post season plans. Depending on how the playoff race is shaping up by then.

I agree with everything you're saying. I'm hopeful he continues to develop and take the next steps and leads this team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hes 3 games in his career playing meaningful action, he still needs to gain experience in a number of situations and that will come with him being more comfortable in real game action . I don’t think anyone is crowning him but he’s clearly better than qb play we received last year and it’s no where near close. With that being said I’m sure He knows he needs to continue to improve and with enos coaching him he definitely won’t let him rest on his laurels though, no question about that.

I was right there with you until “, no question about that.” I hope to see it, but I’ll be watching for it to actually happen.

Am I the only one that has some concerns about JW, still? He was not very good early in that last game. Getting the ball out late, still missing the read at times, even on plays that ended up being a success, it was because of junk ball after Jarren himself broke the play by not throwing it when it was open.

I am also concerned that he seems to consistently stare down his receiver. As defenses get film on him and adjust, he is going to have to stay ahead of them, or he's going to have turnover issues at some point. If I can see it on the live feed after six rum and cokes, you know Bronco Mendenhall is gonna pick up on it.

I'm not saying he's a problem, I'm optimistic about him, and I don't expect perfection, but even our resident film junkie analysts seem to be downplaying the concerns that I know they see.

Being better than the position was last year is not enough. He's got a lot of improvement that he needs to make, and fast.

Without this turning into a "Jarren bashers vs. Jarren defenders" thing, am I the only one who sees this? Am I wrong in the way I'm looking at it? I feel like we constantly crown our guys after a few good games, ****, I think even Ivins and that other guy, Lake I think, declared like it was a fact the other day that JW would be leaving for the NFL early. Seems crazy to me that this is such a generally accepted feeling around here after just three starts, and oh by the way, 1-2.
Brother... I'll be happy to make it easy and tasty for you. You pick your favorite bird here and I'll fatten him up for ya a couple of monthes... then I'll get Mr. CaneinOrlando to prepare the bird with the recipe of your choice. Yum!
ad.jpg

Advertisement
- Slow starts
- 3rd down conversion %
- Red zone scoring
- Lack of scoring output to match time of possession

If Jarren can’t overcome these flaws we are going to lose another 4 games minimum and this season will be the beginning of the end for Coach Diaz.

Maybe for you and a certain portion of the fan base. But Diaz ain’t going no where for a while.

It’s all Jarren fault on why we are 0-2 huh? Smh. Quit feeding trolls, And why are you expecting this season to playout like that again. Already counting losses to games that haven’t even been played. Pussified *** fan base man

Lol yes it’s his fault why we lost to Florida and UNC, hes the Quarterback.

I still think this club can win 10 Games. As far as Jarren goes I’m still recovering from the 2 Ls. Bethune was a great showing, UNC was as well.

So for me this season is definitely about Jarrens development. He’s doing some things that Kaaya can’t do.

I want to see if his the “it” factor. Right now I’d say no. Seems like he will be a great college QB regardless of “it” factor.

Some guys year in year out just have “it”

Johnny Manziel had “it”
Winston had “it”
Mariota had “it”
Luck had “it”
Bradford has “it”
Tebow had “it”
Mayfield had more of the “it” factor than Kyler Murray did IMO.

He may not have it. I still feel like you can literally see Jarren thinking still. It’s only 1/4 of his first year. I’ll be curious where he is in October and November.

Lots to play for. A shot to take on Clemson and gauge exactly where #TNM is.

(I’ve changed my mind on wanting to play Clemson. I absolutely hope UVA drops another ACC game after we beat them in route to the ACCCG)

Crazy things happen in college ball and nothings guaranteed Miami could “shock the world” and ruin Clemson’s post season plans. Depending on how the playoff race is shaping up by then.

Lol how was UNC a great showing for Jarren?? We lost by less than a TD to a UNC team that we have more talent over by a mile.

Advertisement
Brock - we are 1-2, I thought you followed this team? Your point is idiotic. We are 1-2 with a single win against Bethune Cookman and 2 losses to mediocre teams. Don't tell me UF is a top ten team and blah blah, you were leading the charge on the "they suck" bandwagon prior to the game.

It's FAR more rational to think this team has a couple more losses in it than assuming anything else, particularly given the last decade of data we can pull from. But I'm sorry, am I supposed to say we are going to win every game by 40? That's supposed to be the smart thing to say? Ridiculous.

Last decade of data only matters to fans. This team with these coaches and players haven’t played 10 years worth of games. We’ll see how it plays out.

This is exactly what happened in 2014 with freshman Kaaya. We went 6-7 with a 2000 yard tailback, #14 in total defense, and 7 players drafted into the NFL, and all people were talking about was how great Kaaya was, how good he was going to be, and how he was a future #1 pick. The answer to your question is yes, if we suck and go 6-7, people will still admire JW and he will hold no responsibility for any team failures.

The curious case of Brad Kaaya is why I asked that question bc most of this fanbase accepted losing while praising him as an elite qb. Elite QBs don’t lose to Cincinnati.

Same thing is happening with Jarren he is a talented qb but losing to UNC is unacceptable. A lot of less talented QBs would’ve won that game.

This season wasn’t about admiring his growth regardless if we win or lose.... my expectation was he is going to make some freshman mistakes but we are still going to see an impact player at the QB position winning games that we are suppose to win.

One thing you mention, that I have always believed we miss most about the Big East days is the easy wins and the confidence that gives a team.

For real brother ! See you get it.... We won sooo much in that conference that we as fans started expecting to be in the championship picture every year. We basically was. lol An animal was created sort of speak . We need to get back to that and the only way is to exploit the loopholes in the NCAA playoff system.

- Slow starts
- 3rd down conversion %
- Red zone scoring
- Lack of scoring output to match time of possession

If Jarren can’t overcome these flaws we are going to lose another 4 games minimum and this season will be the beginning of the end for Coach Diaz.

you make good points.

There is nothing to celebrate or take positively about a W over B-C other than no injuries. Ditto the mighty Fight'n Chips come Saturday.

Advertisement
Back