Wisconsin

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
Any explanation why the female hobbit did not leave that place in shambles like she did us?

Advertisement
I believe her only hire was Barry Alvarez who did okay but not great. She left eh school way before he did.
different scenario and different expectations than at Miami

Because the rest of the school administration gives a **** about football.

rumor had it she wanted to bring in alvarez as HC after butch left but the players revolted and wanted country club coker as the story goes. not sure if barry would've won an NC (if players left), but he may be our AD today and would've put us off better right now. ill never trade that title though

Whisky is a big school that doesn’t have a bunch of women running the athletic department. I’m including Blake as a female. Close enough. Girly man.

Advertisement
I believe her only hire was Barry Alvarez who did okay but not great. She left eh school way before he did.

Barry Alvarez did “okay but not great” at Wisconsin?

120-73.

3 Big Ten Titles.

3 Top 5 finishes.

College Football Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Barry Alvarez is a HOF quality college coach. You realize what Barry inherited right? Wisconsin was awful, they were Duke in the 90s bad. He had them in the Rose Bowl within 5 years, and he built a culture that has withstood the test of time. Wisconsin is a program that has an identity, and they do it at a high level. They are consistently good and while they aren't a national championship type of program, they are significantly better than what Miami has been over the last 20 years. Most of us would kill to be a 9-11 win per year program, with the occasional challenge for a title. Miami doesn't even do that.

Alvarez was the big hire, but the athletic director that was approved by Dr. Shalala and the powers that be at the time(Pat Richter) was even more important. That said, it's amazing how people really think that Dr. Shalala was running the Wisconsin athletic department, much less the Miami athletic department. University Presidents rarely, and I mean rarely do anything in the day to day management of the athletic department. In fact, the typical University President is a nonfactor when it comes to athletics. Athletics is a separate entity, managed by the boosters and the people on the BOT that are athletically inclined. Dr. Shalala, like Dr. Frenk aren't running the athletic department, I doubt Dr. Frenk knows anything significant about the department at all. If you want to blame someone, blame the people on the BOT that aren't doing their job.

Advertisement
Back