Winston Moss = Savage

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Take it for what it's worth (and I know it's second-hand from some rando on a message board) but my buddy played for Moss when he was an LB coach in the NFL. He said that he's never had a coach do less teaching than Moss. It was very much "here's the scheme, learn it, known it." Not sure that's what a college program wants. And weirdly enough I could see that working more as an HC than DC or position coach.

Advertisement
Take it for what it's worth (and I know it's second-hand from some rando on a message board) but my buddy played for Moss when he was an LB coach in the NFL. He said that he's never had a coach do less teaching than Moss. It was very much "here's the scheme, learn it, known it." Not sure that's what a college program wants. And weirdly enough I could see that working more as an HC than DC or position coach.
Idk he managed to keep a LB coaching Job for almost 20 years in the NFL. He must be doing something right. He also developed AJ Hawk and Clay Matthews at Green Bay.

Idk he managed to keep a LB coaching Job for almost 20 years in the NFL. He must be doing something right. He also developed AJ Hawk and Clay Matthews at Green Bay.
Spending that much time in the league as a coach isn’t the end all to how great/decent a coach is

It’s a good ole boy network with a lot of guys getting jobs because of who they know...

All I know is what I’m told. But I’ll say there’s a massive difference in the level of preparation, professionalism, and home study that you can expect from an NFL player as opposed to a college student. I could easily see a world where a guy like that fits well in the pros but has trouble with college kids.

Advertisement
All I know is what I’m told. But I’ll say there’s a massive difference in the level of preparation, professionalism, and home study that you can expect from an NFL player as opposed to a college student. I could easily see a world where a guy like that fits well in the pros but has trouble with college kids.
There were a couple off-seasons probably about 5-7 years ago where Winston was in head coach talks (partially because of Rooney rule). Not writing this to discredit what you said; just thought it was worth mentioning. But as someone mentioned, NFL coaching is a lot about who you know...

Lol at Winston having trouble with college kids....

Advertisement
Back