Wiltfong

D
I'm posting his sophomore clips from California, because the Oregon competition is suspect. His style reminds me of Randall Cunningham.

You aint being real with yourself here bruh... youre calling the oregon comp suspect when he played for kings academy in cali before that? He aint never played no comp that wasnt suspect. Being real thats a knock all of our qb evals this year have in store for them. None of em never played strong comp. It just is what it is. Lets see all the hypocrites come on out now bout all topics. Now a crystal ball means something special. Thats great. As i said he should be recruited. Still should be. So how does this change anything?

Advertisement
D

You aint being real with yourself here bruh... youre calling the oregon comp suspect when he played for kings academy in cali before that? He aint never played no comp that wasnt suspect. Being real thats a knock all of our qb evals this year have in store for them. None of em never played strong comp. It just is what it is. Lets see all the hypocrites come on out now bout all topics. Now a crystal ball means something special. Thats great. As i said he should be recruited. Still should be. So how does this change anything?

I would take MJ or Taishun, whoever commits first and keep it moving. CMR must be real confident in getting MJ because they haven't offered Taishun, I hope it doesn't backfire on them.

D

Have to think the staff likes where they are standing with Johnson if they are putting that much effort with him. Jon Richt seems heavily invested in spending his time out there visiting Johnson. I’m fine with either but I’m leaning towards Johnson at the moment for sure

Last edited:
Johnson Jr looks like an athlete playing QB.

Tai looks like a QB who is athletic.

Id prefer Tai. I think he has better pocket presence and did a better job going through progressions. Comp sucks for both I get it.

Im just thankful we aren't chasing statues like Eason. Need Qb's that can pick up the first down with their legs in college.

The Richts obviously believe MJ is the guy so I'll support it. Lock him up!

Id prefer Tai. I think he has better pocket presence and did a better job going through progressions. Comp sucks for both I get it.

Im just thankful we aren't chasing statues like Eason. Need Qb's that can pick up the first down with their legs in college.

Eloquently put! Tai better arm Johnson better runner.

Advertisement
FUnny thing is 247 has MJ at #14 Dual QB a 3 Star, WTF are they smoking

Where are you seeing that? 247 has him a 4 star and #4 Dual Threat QB. One Spot below Pho.

1519744298465.png

This is how I feel. Tai looks like the better QB IMO.

Oregon drop a bag on him?

You realize who his dad is? This kid isn't getting bought and it's insulting to him to even suggest that. Not every kid gets bought, and kids with wealthy parents are certainly not getting bought

If he wanted to play for Oregon, he'd likely have committed there already.
Yes, Oregon dropping a bag on him.
I don’t care who his dad is.
Bags are a part of the culture of college athletics unfortunately, and it’s more of an insult or bad reflection on the university staff members or boosters who offer, than it is on the kids imo. I know every kid doesn’t get bought and I hope he is this type of kid, but I don’t know him and his dad personally like obviously do. I would’ve never thought Tyson Campbell would get bought but he and Surtain Jr were...do u know who Surtain Jr’s dad is?
My overall point was that he is a great looking player and that Oregon is gonna exhaust any and all efforts to keep him home. Maybe that’s a little more agreeable.

Advertisement
Where are you seeing that? 247 has him a 4 star and #4 Dual Threat QB. One Spot below Pho.

View attachment 58515

that's composite ranking you're looking at the 247 only ranking is in the gray box. People have to understand 247 will move guys up on down so that their composite ranking falls in line with where they actually think a kid belongs.

Yes, Oregon dropping a bag on him.
I don’t care who his dad is.
Bags are a part of the culture of college athletics unfortunately, and it’s more of an insult or bad reflection on the university staff members or boosters who offer, than it is on the kids imo. I know every kid doesn’t get bought and I hope he is this type of kid, but I don’t know him and his dad personally like obviously do. I would’ve never thought Tyson Campbell would get bought but he and Surtain Jr were...do u know who Surtain Jr’s dad is?
My overall point was that he is a great looking player and that Oregon is gonna exhaust any and all efforts to keep him home. Maybe that’s a little more agreeable.

Why would Oregon drop a bag on a kid whose dad is their WR Coach?

You not knowing/caring who his dad is just shows how delusional you are.

All signs point to MJJ just wanting to leave the state. If he doesn't want to play for Oregon, money won't change that. This isn't a kid that needs to provide for his family

Didn't Jon Richt play ball at Clemson while his pops coached at Georgia? Or am I wrong?

That's gotta be one of the recruiting tools baby Richt is using. How much he benefited from playing elsewhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
D

I like Tai a bit more then MJJ but both their comp is terrible

I think Lil Richt must have ****ed calinatives girl or something. He's trying real hard to convince everyone that he's not doing a good job. And I've heard other people mention it but none of the haters answer. Why weren't the other top tier programs recruiting Williams lucky? It's just something for you all to hold onto to try and **** on the staff. Smart money says you guys are the same ones criticizing them for taking Sitz and expected last years QB recruiting to be a colossal failure when it ended up being anything but. I'm sorry you were proven wrong but get over it.

Anyways, I like Tai a lot but if the coaches feel like we are in position to land MJJ then I'm all in with that decision. He's a rare talent.

Advertisement
I think Lil Richt must have ****ed calinatives girl or something. He's trying real hard to convince everyone that he's not doing a good job. And I've heard other people mention it but none of the haters answer. Why weren't the other top tier programs recruiting Williams lucky? It's just something for you all to hold onto to try and **** on the staff. Smart money says you guys are the same ones criticizing them for taking Sitz and expected last years QB recruiting to be a colossal failure when it ended up being anything but. I'm sorry you were proven wrong but get over it.

Anyways, I like Tai a lot but if the coaches feel like we are in position to land MJJ then I'm all in with that decision. He's a rare talent.

I keep hearing this. It's clear that the board is split on how to grade last seasons QB recruiting.

Sits was the main target and cost us a chance at the QB who signed with UCLA Among others. Qb's usually commit early and barring a coaching change don't often flip.

Sits decommits to stay home but everyone agrees he was pushed out. He was beyond awful at IMG.

That's a miss by the staff. The Richts make decisions together so they both take the blame for the miss. They deserve to be criticized for that.

They identified their next target. They find a QB target who is waivering on his pledge to a lower level school and beat out Ohio State and Auburn for him. We don't know that he was the top QB on their board but we know he was a kid who could be flipped. The kid admired Richt from his time at Georgia, they got the kid on campus and wowed him enough that he practically shut it down afterwards. The Richts deserve a lot of credit for that.

So was it luck or was it a recruiting win? I think it's fair to say it was a bit of both. But it's definitely not a strategy we should rely on.

You have to hit on the QB evaluations. QB recruiting has single handily made schools like Louisville relevant. Richt has a history of passing on program changing Qb's. (Newton and Watson) I think until we hit on a qb it's understandable for fans to worry.

I want to believe, but I'd like to be given some results before I do!

I’ll withhold judgement on Jon’s eval skills cause none of the dudes he’s recruited have played a snap yet, but he can clearly go toe to toe with big time programs for qb talent. And I think he and Mark got a lot out of Malik this past year.

I keep hearing this. It's clear that the board is split on how to grade last seasons QB recruiting.

Sits was the main target and cost us a chance at the QB who signed with UCLA Among others. Qb's usually commit early and barring a coaching change don't often flip.

Sits decommits to stay home but everyone agrees he was pushed out. He was beyond awful at IMG.

That's a miss by the staff. The Richts make decisions together so they both take the blame for the miss. They deserve to be criticized for that.

They identified their next target. They find a QB target who is waivering on his pledge to a lower level school and beat out Ohio State and Auburn for him. We don't know that he was the top QB on their board but we know he was a kid who could be flipped. The kid admired Richt from his time at Georgia, they got the kid on campus and wowed him enough that he practically shut it down afterwards. The Richts deserve a lot of credit for that.

So was it luck or was it a recruiting win? I think it's fair to say it was a bit of both. But it's definitely not a strategy we should rely on.

You have to hit on the QB evaluations. QB recruiting has single handily made schools like Louisville relevant. Richt has a history of passing on program changing Qb's. (Newton and Watson) I think until we hit on a qb it's understandable for fans to worry.

I want to believe, but I'd like to be given some results before I do!

DTR never showed any real interest.

Didn't Jon Richt play ball at Clemson while his pops coached at Georgia? Or am I wrong?

That's gotta be one of the recruiting tools baby Richt is using. How much he benefited from playing elsewhere.
He was at Clemson very briefly. Wound up at Mars Hill. He was the connection to that big FB transfer from there last year in 2016.

Advertisement
Back